Bill Parcells... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bill Parcells...

I think your reaction to Saban proves my point. He was loved that first year, now he's hated. I don't care about the reasoning, my point was that whomever gets mad love on this board almost always gets a ton of hatred at the end.

Saban is no Bill Parcells
think positive: the guy is where he wants to be in the situation he desired & designed for himself, is loved & respected
I think he'll stay until he finishes the job:D

Actually, I tend to think he will stick around a while. He won't go back to coaching for sure and I don't see him not working. He has the perfect job that seems to suit him at this point in his life. Control over an NFL franchise without the greuling hours coaches put in. He has a home is in S. Fla and he has time for his kids, grandkids and golf.

To answer the question I would say that I will be a little surprised but not at all disappointed. What ever time he spends with this organization is something we should all be thankful for.

Saban is no Bill Parcells
think positive: the guy is where he wants to be in the situation he desired & designed for himself, is loved & respected
I think he'll stay until he finishes the job:D

I never compared Saban to Parcells. Parcells is loved right now but if he leaves next year there will be posters on here that will incessantly hate on him. They'll be the same posters that can't stop singing his praises right now.

It's better to live one day as a lion than a hundred years as a lamb.
-John Gotti

i was a big saban fan when he came aboard because i am a lsu fan.

but i don't fault him for saying he wouldn't be the coach for alabama. what is he supposed to say in the middle of the season. "pro coaching isn't for me, lets completely tank the rest of the year"

i find more fault with him for the way he handled the media, ego, and his never quit talk/book. if your going to use the never quit talk then finish your contract like a man.

as for parcells, imo he will finish his contract. he loves football, likes the area, has his pieces in place, big payday. why leave?

The biggest concern I have of the Tuna leaving, is him going to another team then raiding our coaching/FO like he did the Cowboys. Just look at them now, we are headed up and they look to be headed the other way. I would hope Ross keeps Ireland locked up in a contract giving him whatever he wants to keep Bill from taking him.

i was a big saban fan when he came aboard because i am a lsu fan.

but i don't fault him for saying he wouldn't be the coach for alabama. what is he supposed to say in the middle of the season. "pro coaching isn't for me, lets completely tank the rest of the year"

i find more fault with him for the way he handled the media, ego, and his never quit talk/book. if your going to use the never quit talk then finish your contract like a man.

as for parcells, imo he will finish his contract. he loves football, likes the area, has his pieces in place, big payday. why leave?
don't forget the way he slinked out, teleconferencing his assistants on the way out...while his wife took parting shots on the city.

I would be sad to see him leave, but be grateful for what he's done (assuming there are no boneheaded moves in the immediate future.)

...and if we ever consider Wannstedt again, I will set myself on fire. I'm probably one of the few that despises Wanny MORE than Saban because of "the New England game" several years ago. I'd rather have a liar leave us than have an idiot stay.

Back
Top Bottom