Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills hire Doug Marrone as head coach

Pasqualoni was awful, the BE was an even bigger joke back then and they'd get to bigger bowl games based on that. SU was as bad of a program as a div I program could be, he turned them around and had them tied for the BE title where the co-champ destroyed Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I don't know if Marrone will be a successful NFL HC but you cannot question the outstanding job he did in turning around a joke of a program.
I like that Buffalo didn't go with a retread but lets be real. Going from the bottom to being bowl eligible in the Big East is not a grand accomplishment. Time will tell but his hiring the Cuse OC is questionable.

They just picked up the jets DC.

I dont know what the laughing is for, he is just as qualified as Joe Philbin, probably more qualified with his head coaching experience. He is a young aggressive coach that is highly thought of around the NFL. Im glad he was able to bring in an experience defensive coach as well.
Philbins NFL experience exceeds Marrones. Being a college head coach at Syracuse doesn't jump off the page as being any more qualified then a guy with experience as an OC in the NFL

Philbins NFL experience exceeds Marrones. Being a college head coach at Syracuse doesn't jump off the page as being any more qualified then a guy with experience as an OC in the NFL

Not to mention having run an offense that won a superbowl.

Marrone was an OC for the Siants in the same capacity Philbin was for the Packers. He was also an OL coach for the Jets, just like Philbin was for the Packers. And yes, being a head coach for a D1a program does help, especially turning around one that was in such bad shape as Syracuse. Marrone was not handed 4 and 5 star recruits. He took a 2 star QB and turned him into a possible 1st round pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hate to say it but I wish you guys luck...I miss the days like in your avatar :crazy:

Marrone was an OC for the Siants in the same capacity Philbin was for the Packers. He was also an OL coach for the Jets, just like Philbin was for the Packers. And yes, being a head coach for a D1a program does help, especially turning around one that was in such bad shape as Syracuse. Marrone was not handed 4 and 5 star recruits. He took a 2 star QB and turned him into a possible 1st round pick.
Nassib is not a first round pick. There is no QB that is truly a first round pick this year but a couple will no doubt make it due to desperate teams overvaluing a QB.

Please tell me the Syracuse victories over major FBS powers during Marrones tenure.

Pasqualoni was awful, the BE was an even bigger joke back then and they'd get to bigger bowl games based on that. SU was as bad of a program as a div I program could be, he turned them around and had them tied for the BE title where the co-champ destroyed Florida in the Sugar Bowl. I don't know if Marrone will be a successful NFL HC but you cannot question the outstanding job he did in turning around a joke of a program.

cuse has been to lower bowl games and there record was not that much different from the first few years ofr marrone. The big east is not that good of a division and the teams are pretty weak for football. And yes you brought up that cuse got crushed by floried, but the fact of the matter is that cuse was good or the best theyve been in a long time and they made it to the Sugarbowl and werew good enough for that, florida was just too good. But thats a lot better than the frickin tostitos bowl or toilet bowl games theyve been to since

Nassib is not a first round pick. There is no QB that is truly a first round pick this year but a couple will no doubt make it due to desperate teams overvaluing a QB.

Please tell me the Syracuse victories over major FBS powers during Marrones tenure.

You guys have short memories.

Marrone beat Louisville (Who beat up Florida) and West Virginia. Its not really about that though, its how he took a program that was in bad shape and had the heading in the right direction. Jim Harbaugh was only 29-21 at Stanford. Its a bout the man really, Marron is respected by many.

Is it the right hire? Who knows. No one knew Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin, and Mike McCarthy would be any good. Same with Philbin.

You guys have short memories.

Marrone beat Louisville (Who beat up Florida) and West Virginia. Its not really about that though, its how he took a program that was in bad shape and had the heading in the right direction. Jim Harbaugh was only 29-21 at Stanford. Its a bout the man really, Marron is respected by many.

Is it the right hire? Who knows. No one knew Mike Smith, Mike Tomlin, and Mike McCarthy would be any good. Same with Philbin.

Sight unseen it's hard for him not to wind up an upgrade over Chan.

Back
Top Bottom