Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year

They are a decent QB away from being contenders in the AFC.

It's a marginal improvement and indicates to me that Rex still minimizes the importance of QB play. The Falcons would have been a much better situation and could have given him a much better shot at the post season. Falcons have a competent QB and play in the NFC South.

If the Bills don't sign or trade for a competent QB, they are still an also ran.

They are a decent QB away from being contenders in the AFC.

True, but thats the same as a lot of other teams.

Zona and the Eagles could of done some damage with a real QBs

Bills, KC

Rex is the \second best coach in the division. Phailbin is the third but that will move to 4th the second the Jets hire their coach.

It's a marginal improvement and indicates to me that Rex still minimizes the importance of QB play. The Falcons would have been a much better situation and could have given him a much better shot at the post season. Falcons have a competent QB and play in the NFC South.

If the Bills don't sign or trade for a competent QB, they are still an also ran.

Well, lets see who trades the future for Jay Cutler. (Bills or Jets)

Marriota, Winston will go 1/2 (Bucs, Titans) no doubt.

better get a qb...til then they are going nowhere

Thier FO has stated they wanted someone who will further develop EJ Manuel. It was rumored that the QB situation was one of the reasons Marrone left the Bills, along with the Bills trading up for Sammy Watkins. Rex Ryan is going to have a short career there is the force him to play Manuel.

Not a doubt in my mind that Rex Ryan is a better coach than Joe Philbin . . . but this doesn't seem like the best coaching move for Buffalo. You'd think they would of kept Jim Schwartz as D coordinator and bring in some kind of offensive genius to develop a QB and become a force in the AFC.

I understand why Rex did it . . . good money and a HC job . . . but it seems like the same situation he's leaving (well got fired from for lack of success)

what qb could they trade for or sign that would move the needle??? i dont see it...the peanut gallery would like you to believe that matt moore or mark s@nchez would get them over the hump...be my freaking guest sign either of them :lol:

the d can only carry that team so far and so much...

Thier FO has stated they wanted someone who will further develop EJ Manuel. It was rumored that the QB situation was one of the reasons Marrone left the Bills, along with the Bills trading up for Sammy Watkins. Rex Ryan is going to have a short career there is the force him to play Manuel.

With a 5 year deal and no shot at a top QB in the draft, Rex has no choice but to ride with EJ or trade for Cutler.

Maybe take the Hundley out of UCLA and let him sit behind EJ for a year, until the GM takes note that EJ really does suck.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 AM ----------

what qb could they trade for or sign that would move the needle??? i dont see it...the peanut gallery would like you to believe that matt moore or mark s@nchez would get them over the hump...be my freaking guest sign either of them :lol:

the d can only carry that team so far and so much...

Thought rumors Bears shopping Cutler?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Moore as a stop-gap there. I think they would be a wildcard team next year with Moore at the helm and Rex running the defense.

He got to the AFC championship game with Sanchez...is Manuel really any different lol.

Bills will become a power running team like Rex had with the Jets. He's got better receivers in Buffalo for the occasional pass. I'm more interested in how he's going to make that defense into a 3-4.

i could see that...i think they gave up on manuel too early...like kyle orton was ever gonna take them anywhere...but they need to flip that offense to a read option and pistol based one...that fits manuel the most...the progression reads stuff is a fail

Back
Top Bottom