Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year

i wouldn't be surprised to see matt moore as a stop-gap there. I think they would be a wildcard team next year with moore at the helm and rex running the defense.

brian hoyer!!! All day!

what qb could they trade for or sign that would move the needle??? i dont see it...the peanut gallery would like you to believe that matt moore or mark s@nchez would get them over the hump...be my freaking guest sign either of them :lol:

the d can only carry that team so far and so much...

If the team can go 9-7 with Orton, it can match that or do a game better with Moore. I think it would be enough for a wildcard slot...

He got to the AFC championship game with Sanchez...is Manuel really any different lol.

Bills will become a power running team like Rex had with the Jets. He's got better receivers in Buffalo for the occasional pass. I'm more interested in how he's going to make that defense into a 3-4.

If they go power run game, better draft a RB.

Spiller is a twig, and Fred Jackson is getting up in age.

If the team can go 9-7 with Orton, it can match that or do a game better with Moore. I think it would be enough for a wildcard slot...

matt moores not any better than kyle orton...you guys will figure that out if he starts somewhere next year

It's a marginal improvement and indicates to me that Rex still minimizes the importance of QB play. The Falcons would have been a much better situation and could have given him a much better shot at the post season. Falcons have a competent QB and play in the NFC South.

If the Bills don't sign or trade for a competent QB, they are still an also ran.

Buffalo has talent around the QB, you guys say Sanchez sucks well he nearly led a team w/ Mark to SB when they had talent around the QB on O. Buf has more defensive talent than we had and could go after Revis.

i could see a hoyer signing...his market wont be big and he could work an offense if they went power and worked off pa...although his arms not great for that weather...that's probably the most likely option i've heard so far

cutlers contract is killer any interest there would depend on the money left you would assume...

matt moores not any better than kyle orton...you guys will figure that out if he starts somewhere next year

Matt Moore is Kyle Orton. will tease, put up some decent #s but can't step up when it matters most. Moore would be a mistake but another QB wouldn't be, one that has won in this league.

Still can't fix an offense.

w/o talent who can? when he had offensive talent and quality coaches he had good enough offenses. Buf has a D that can be better than NYJ '09/'10 and they have as many, if note more, pieces around the QB. Just needed competent QB play. Nothing special. They are a legit threat right now which they haven't been probably since 1999.

what qb could they trade for or sign that would move the needle??? i dont see it...the peanut gallery would like you to believe that matt moore or mark s@nchez would get them over the hump...be my freaking guest sign either of them :lol:

the d can only carry that team so far and so much...
Cutler is the trade but the contract would have to be re-done. Not sure that will happen. I see Brian Hoyer mentioned but I would take a look at Sean Hill. Not much else in the FA class.

Or mold the offense to Manuels ability.

Buffalo has talent around the QB, you guys say Sanchez sucks well he nearly led a team w/ Mark to SB when they had talent around the QB on O. Buf has more defensive talent than we had and could go after Revis.

The Bills have the third best defense. They don't need a defensive minded coach. They need a guy that can develop a QB and run an offense.

Going from the 3d best defense to second or best does not improve a team that is held back by a lack of offense.

The fact that the FO is already naming the starting QB for the incoming coach is bad news imo. Whether that QB is good or bad, they should never be deciding who starts.

I dont think EJ Manuel is terrible bad, but the knock on him was that he wasn't too bright and couldn't pick up the offense and make proper reads. I think the benching of EJ Manuel was evidence that Marrone had decided to opt out of his contract when the Bills were sold in late September. He planned the whole thing, and went into the "win-now" mode instead of developing a young QB - because he knew he wasn't coming back.

Oh no, that great, fearsome Bills defense that excels at crushing teams with an incredible front four and dropping guys into coverage to cover for their marginal secondary is going to be coached by a guy who loves suicide blitzes and thinks Tony Sparano is a great offensive coordinator! The horror!

Back
Top Bottom