Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills Officially Hire - Rex Ryan HC - 5 Year Deal - $5.5/Year

avg. starting FP on Landry KRs:

Miami 27

only 6 times all season did he advance ball beyond 30 and one time was after penalty where opp kicked from their 20.

avg. starting FP on Landry PRs:

Miami 29

avg starting FP on scoring drives was Miami 39.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Rex Ryan INHERITED a 9-7 team and had two good years... And then, despite GUARANTEEING the Super Bowl championship (twice), he turned the Jets into a plummeting dumpster fire. His BS wore off and it culminated in this year's 4-12 season. It blows my mind how many on this board have Rex worship.

Rex Ryan's career record is 46-50. He's 3-3 against the Joe Philbin and is like 4-10 against the Patriots. Joe Philbin's career record is 23-25. He's only 3-3 against the Mediocre Bill Belichick, and he's 3-3 against the Brilliant, Amazing, Genius, Incredible, Fantastic Rex Ryan.

You can't have it BOTH ways, if Rex Ryan is so f--king good, he should have a much better winning percentage than Philbin by now. If he's so f--king good, he should have a better record against Belichick than Philbin. BUT HE DOESN'T.

He's a great defensive coordinator... A real motivator of men and sucker of toes. But he has done nothing, NOTHING to show he is a great HC.

he's not the GM, talent went down after 2010. his best 2 coaching jobs were 2012 and 2013 where he had us in playoff race in December w/ teams that should have won 3-4 games. In Buffalo he has talent everywhere but QB, can win w/ decent QB.

I don't get it. What is it that he adds in value? They're going to keep the same defensive coordinator and I assume the same scheme that served them so well last year. An offensive coordinator will be brought in and given autonomy. You don't want Rex anywhere near personnel decisions, since all hes going to do is draft and sign defensive players. So is he being paid 5 mil to be a jovial personality and get the players to like him?

I'll take people who are related to a defensive player for $1,000.00, Alex.

avg. starting FP on Landry KRs:

Miami 27

only 6 times all season did he advance ball beyond 30 and one time was after penalty where opp kicked from their 20.

avg. starting FP on Landry PRs:

Miami 29

avg starting FP on scoring drives was Miami 39.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

he's not the GM, talent went down after 2010. his best 2 coaching jobs were 2012 and 2013 where he had us in playoff race in December w/ teams that should have won 3-4 games. In Buffalo he has talent everywhere but QB, can win w/ decent QB.

Here we go. Same old "He's not the GM" bullship. Guess what, Philbin's not the GM either so [insert pedantic lames ass NYJUNC level excuse here]. Blah Blah Blah, its all about results, until its the guy YOU are making excuses for, just like Buttfumle, then all the mitigating circumstances YOU can think up are valid.

I don't get it. What is it that he adds in value? They're going to keep the same defensive coordinator and I assume the same scheme that served them so well last year. An offensive coordinator will be brought in and given autonomy. You don't want Rex anywhere near personnel decisions, since all hes going to do is draft and sign defensive players. So is he being paid 5 mil to be a jovial personality and get the players to like him?

My guess is that Rex was not as "desirable" to NFL teams as all the fanboys in the media and on the message boards made him out to be. I'll bet the Falcons were not as interested in Rex as his agents wanted us to believe. Their interest was hyped to push a desperate Bills team into making a deal Rex couldn't refuse. Seriously, the Bills are not a team at the top of any HC's wish list. Not only is the new ownership is an unknown that apparently scared off their last decent coach, Buffalo itself is not a place anyone who is sane actually wants to live.

Don't care what anyone says. Dolphins missed out an another good coach. AGAIN!

Here we go. Same old "He's not the GM" bullship. Guess what, Philbin's not the GM either so [insert pedantic lames ass NYJUNC level excuse here]. Blah Blah Blah, its all about results, until its the guy YOU are making excuses for, just like Buttfumle, then all the mitigating circumstances YOU can think up are valid.

ok, what is your point? do you think we have had as much talent as you guys? you have to look at the circumstances. we had Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill as starting WRs in 2012, we had rookie Geno w/ not much better talent to throw to in 2013. You guys have had playoff caliber talent especially if you think the QB is as good as some of you think.

---------- Post added at 12:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

My guess is that Rex was not as "desirable" to NFL teams as all the fanboys in the media and on the message boards made him out to be. I'll bet the Falcons were not as interested in Rex as his agents wanted us to believe. Their interest was hyped to push a desperate Bills team into making a deal Rex couldn't refuse. Seriously, the Bills are not a team at the top of any HC's wish list. Not only is the new ownership is an unknown that apparently scared off their last decent coach, Buffalo itself is not a place anyone who is sane actually wants to live.

I guess that is why a ton of teams wanted him. Give Buf credit for being aggressive and getting the top retread on the market.

ok, what is your point? do you think we have had as much talent as you guys? you have to look at the circumstances. we had Chaz Schilens and Stephen Hill as starting WRs in 2012, we had rookie Geno w/ not much better talent to throw to in 2013. You guys have had playoff caliber talent especially if you think the QB is as good as some of you think.

With our injuries we did not have a playoff caliber team and still finished with twice as many wins as "The Great Toe Sucker".

I guess that is why a ton of teams wanted him. Give Buf credit for being aggressive and getting the top retread on the market.

The fact that he went to Buffalo proves that a TON of teams DID NOT REALLY want Rex. Otherwise, he would be somewhere other than Buffalo which is a horrible place to live and where he faces his bitch-master, Bill Belichick, twice a year

Bellicheat has gotten like 16 coaches fired since he came to New England. Now he has a chance to get the same person fired twice.

With our injuries we did not have a playoff caliber team and still finished with twice as many wins as "The Great Toe Sucker".

The fact that he went to Buffalo proves that a TON of teams DID NOT REALLY want Rex. Otherwise, he would be somewhere other than Buffalo which is a horrible place to live and where he faces his bitch-master, Bill Belichick, twice a year

he lost by 3 and then whopped you in the other game,

He has outcoached BB in almost every game they have faced each other. I love Sanchez but he's not half the QB Brady is and in the biggest game btw the 2 went in and whopped NE.

Buffalo is loaded talent wise, this is not the old Bills.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 PM ----------

Bellicheat has gotten like 16 coaches fired since he came to New England. Now he has a chance to get the same person fired twice.

He didn't get Rex fired, if anything his time against BB saved him.

Revis is a FA. Imagine Revis w/ those pass rushers? getting Alonso back? I see a similar impact as when he took over here.
Revis leaving New England for Buffalo? Anything is possible but I would be surprised.

My opinion is as follows..... Rex Ryan instantly makes the Bills 2 wins better. Argue that if you want..... But this cannot be argued...... They will have a top 5 defense EASILY next year. I sure as hell am drafting them as my D in my fantasy league next year.

Back
Top Bottom