Bills with a new backup QB that could be their starter | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bills with a new backup QB that could be their starter

Forget that he's not a very good QB, Orton just made Favre look like a team player. The Bills were truly desperate. Will he help them on the field, though? Possibly, if Manuel is a bust as it appears to be, but Orton's not a very good QB.

Orton doesn't make anyone better. decent #s guy but that is about it.

Manuel will get his chance this year for sure. I doubt Orton plays unless there's an injury.

If EJ Manuel starts 16 games, Doug Marrone is looking for a new job.

Orton will play at some point.

If EJ Manuel starts 16 games, Doug Marrone is looking for a new job.

Orton will play at some point.

if orton starts 16 games he'll be looking for a new job too. Orton is a known bad QB, EJ is still unknown. Play the unknown and maybe you get lucky, play Orton and your season is headed where the '11 Broncos were headed before orton got benched.

as a nole fan I can say that EJ is a frustrating SOB to root for. was a bust at FSU IMO and might be in NFL

Buffalo is a team that has a pretty good amount of talent. If they get decent QB play, that is a pretty good team. Orton is far better than EJ and could be enough to make them a player for a WC.

Buffalo is a team that has a pretty good amount of talent. If they get decent QB play, that is a pretty good team. Orton is far better than EJ and could be enough to make them a player for a WC.

I agree w/ the first part of your sentence, disagree w/ 2nd part. I think if they get good QB play they could be a playoff contender but I don't think Orton can give them good QB play.

I'm just happy Thad "Dolphin murderer" is no longer a Bill! haha

But seriously we SHOULD beat these clowns this season

He didn't murder us. We did suicide. Lewis did what any QB in his position does: not to lose a game.
Just because we were pathetic in two games against them doesn't make him a 'murderer'.
As much as I care the Bills could have played with no QB against us.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

It is so ironic that the two teams who dominated the AFC East and AFC in the 80s and 90s with two of the best QBs have struggled since their retirements finding a new franchise QB.

He didn't murder us. We did suicide. Lewis did what any QB in his position does: not to lose a game.
Just because we were pathetic in two games against them doesn't make him a 'murderer'.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

It is so ironic that the two teams who dominated the AFC East and AFC in the 80s and 90s with two of the best QBs have struggled since their retirements finding a new franchise QB.
Because both franchises waited until they retired before looking for a legitimate replacement. Ted Thompson and Belichik had/have the right idea. The jury is obviously out on Garapola but he looked decent in PS. Granted he is most likely no Tom Brady or Aaron Rogers but he is far better than Mallet coming out and we may see him in the next couple of years taking over for Brady.

Miami didn't dominate the AFC East in the 80s or the AFC. they did in the early 80s(specifically '81-'85) but missed the playoffs the rest of the decade.

Miami didn't dominate the AFC East in the 80s or the AFC. they did in the early 80s(specifically '81-'85) but missed the playoffs the rest of the decade.

You are sooo jealous...

From 1980-1990 the fins only missed the playoff's 4 times. and 2 of those years we were 8-8. Spin Meister at his best...the rest of the decade LOL.

You are sooo jealous...

From 1980-1990 the fins only missed the playoff's 4 times. and 2 of those years we were 8-8. Spin Meister at his best...the rest of the decade LOL.

It's not about jealousy, it's about reality. They didn't dominate the division and conference in the 80s. Again, they did so from 1981-1985- winging 4 div titles and making 2 SBs but that's half a decade.

they missed 1980, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989. that would be 5 times, instead of hurling insults maybe you should brush up on the dolphins history? and 1990 was not part of the 1980s but nice try.

Back
Top Bottom