Bobby Wagner?!? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Wagner?!?

How much would he cost do all think?
Here’s a guesstimate:

His contract with the Rams was 5/$50MM, with an ’out’ in Y3…so AAV of $10MM.

If the Dolphins like him, and choose to create available cap funds, how about a 2Y/$18MM ($9MM AAV) deal with $15MM Y1 guarantee with an easy ‘out’ for Miami Y2.

For comparison, Baker’s AAV is $12.5MM.

Last edited:
Dan, from PFF are you able to see his QBR allowed score? I‘m interested how strong he is in coverage (guessing VG).
His coverage grade from PFF was 77.9
Also go to PFR (free) under advanced defense stats it show a lot. His passer rating allowed was 87.1 Don't know were would list QBR allowed. Here is PFR for Wagner.

We can save some money by releasing or trading a few guys abs easily create some space and restructure a few guys. Cedric Wilson, Jerome Baker, are in the short list of being moved.

I would imagine he would like to continue his career out west if any teams in that part of the country are interested in signing him. He is from California and went to college in Utah and then returned to the west coast when the Seahawks drafted him. He signed with the Rams last year when he was a FA.

Obviously if the Dolphins give him an offer he just can’t refuse, he would come play in Miami. Yet if the money is fairly equal and he has an offer from a team out west and the Dolphins or another east coast team, I suspect he would opt to remain out west.

Sorry boys over the hill Bobby Wagner ain’t coming to Miami. Imho

I would imagine he would like to continue his career out west if any teams in that part of the country are interested in signing him. He is from California and went to college in Utah and then returned to the west coast when the Seahawks drafted him. He signed with the Rams last year when he was a FA.

Obviously if the Dolphins give him an offer he just can’t refuse, he would come play in Miami. Yet if the money is fairly equal and he has an offer from a team out west and the Dolphins or another east coast team, I suspect he would opt to remain out west.
You bring up some great points but his options are limited on the West Coast since he has already played for the Rams and Seahawks and we do have 0 state taxes so at this point he may be looking to not only play for a winner but maximize his $ to boot since this might be a last contract.

If Wagner will play for a few million then yea, we should add him... but he won't so it's just another big name that we can't afford. At most we will have 15 mil in space and we need to resign Wilkins. That's prob gonna cut that number in half. We're gonna be bargin hunting in FA.

Regarding Florida State Income Taxes:

Is it accurate that NFL players are assessed no state taxes for only the games played in Florida?

For example, Tyreek plays 8 games in Florida and pays $0 state income taxes for those game checks. But when he plays a game in CA, for example, his paycheck for that game is taxed by CA.

Another example: Josh Allen plays at least one game in FL each year, and that game check is taxed by FL for $0.

Dolphins players get a tax benefit living in FL for any game played in the state, but not games played elsewhere (if state income taxed).

Is it accurate that NFL players are assessed no state taxes for only the games played in Florida?

For example, Tyreek plays 8 games in Florida and pays $0 state income taxes for those game checks. But when he plays a game in CA, for example, his paycheck for that game is taxed by CA.

Another example: Josh Allen plays at least one game in FL each year, and that game check is taxed by FL for $0.

Dolphins players get a tax benefit living in FL for any game played in the state, but not games played elsewhere (if state income taxed).
That’s true, but that guarantees half of their GAME CHECKS are not taxed in Florida. That is significant by itself.

Their signing bonuses are probably only covered by Florida tax law.

I’d bet the farm that that’s not true

Back
Top Bottom