Bobby Wagner?!? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Wagner?!?

Why would it be any different than people living in say Maryland and working in Virginia? If they live in 1 state and work in a different state, they only pay state taxes for the state that they live in, not both states. It shouldn't be different if they work in California, but live in Florida?

Now here is a question for people to think about. If someone (let's say Bobby Wagner) resides on the West Coast (say California) and goes to Florida for a while to do a job, then goes back to California, wouldn't he have to pay California State Taxes? Unless he takes up residency in Florida, he will have to pay state taxes for the state that he resides in.
You would pay income tax in the place of your employment but property and other personal taxes would be paid in the state of your residence. That's what they are saying.

Y’all realize we could just trade for him, right? It would essentially be a one-year deal for $12.5 million with year-to-year options after that for approximately $12 million per year.

If we cut Keion Crossen and Jerome Baker with a post-June 1 designation, it pays for itself.

Why would it be any different than people living in say Maryland and working in Virginia? If they live in 1 state and work in a different state, they only pay state taxes for the state that they live in, not both states. It shouldn't be different if they work in California, but live in Florida?

Now here is a question for people to think about. If someone (let's say Bobby Wagner) resides on the West Coast (say California) and goes to Florida for a while to do a job, then goes back to California, wouldn't he have to pay California State Taxes? Unless he takes up residency in Florida, he will have to pay state taxes for the state that he resides in.
CA started the practice in early nineties and other states followed suit. The size of professional athlete’s pay relative to visibility of travel schedules are key drivers.

Be a hell of a piece for Fangio defense that depends on good mlb play
He signed a mega contract just a year ago with the Rams. That cap hit has got to be major.......

Glad to see some posters that are open to having a player over 30 on our roster. It's encouraging to see mature comments. He is still playing at a high level, if we can make it work why not but I wonder do we move on from Baker.

You would pay income tax in the place of your employment but property and other personal taxes would be paid in the state of your residence. That's what they are saying.
When I worked in Virginia and lived in Maryland, I paid Maryland State Income Taxes. When I worked In Washington D.C. and lived in Maryland, I paid Maryland taxes.

If you could make it work without paying him a massive contract I would be all for it.

I'd love to see him paired up with FA LB Nicholas Morrow. Would completely change this defense IMO.

It is a sports specific law. There was an article posted in this thread about it. Goes back to Jordan in the NBA. It is nicknamed the "jock tax".

That was awesome!

Always loved him. Keep waiting for him to fall off but he continues to produce
Living here in Washington and the Seachickens being my second favorite team. He did seam to have lost a step by my eye. But that might have been being in a new defense. And like I said I didn’t watch to many Rams games just the 2 Seachickens games and the 2 49ers games. And the Rams looked like crap in the 2 49ers games.

Back
Top Bottom