Bobby Wagner?!? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bobby Wagner?!?

I would imagine he would like to continue his career out west if any teams in that part of the country are interested in signing him. He is from California and went to college in Utah and then returned to the west coast when the Seahawks drafted him. He signed with the Rams last year when he was a FA.

Obviously if the Dolphins give him an offer he just can’t refuse, he would come play in Miami. Yet if the money is fairly equal and he has an offer from a team out west and the Dolphins or another east coast team, I suspect he would opt to remain out west.

I was thining the same thing. Wagner went to Utah St FWIW.

The major college programs here are Utah, Utah St then a drop off to Weber State

p.s. it feels like I'm omitting a team. Nah!!

Tempting, but he will be expensive, and up there in years.

I still believe as far as what we need, and how critical each is, my opinion is..

1. OT
2. Corner
3. Guard/Center
4. Backup QB
5. M-LB
6. Powerback

Though I have M-LB at 5, I really do think we seriously could use a dependable guy in the Middle that can also fall into coverage and not look bad doing it.

Wagner would be awesome to get, but the line, secondary, and finally someone dependable to backup Tua are just too important if Miami is going to make a run in 2023. Money is not as plentiful as it was last year.

We have other needs no doubt, but I believe a stud linebacker can propel our defense into top 10 if not top five. We have been lacking for years in that area, and that helps the rest of the defense when you have a playmaker at that position, for this reason, I believe it’s very important to get one, a very good one.

I was thining the same thing. Wagner went to Utah St FWIW.

The major college programs here are Utah, Utah St then a drop off to Weber State

p.s. it feels like I'm omitting a team. Nah!!
I was aware he went to Utah State. I merely mentioned he played college football in Utah to back up my point that he has lived out west his entire life.

That obviously doesn’t mean he won’t come east if that is where he can get the most money. I just figure he would prefer to remain in the western part of the United States if possible. Yet as another poster pointed out, after the Seahawks and Rams, he really only have the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos in that area of the country left if the Seahawks and Rams don’t want to sign him to a new contract.

Bobby Wagner is 32 years old and will by 33 by the start of the season. Last season he was paid $10M (part of a 5 yr $50M deal that the LA Rams shortened to just 1 season). He's still a good middle linebacker who is skilled at reading the Offense, but his best days are behind him. Seattle and the LA Rams have effectively let him go in successive seasons, presumably because he's too expensive. I'd look elsewhere to find our long term middle linebacker. However, if Vic Fangio is adamant and wants him as the key defensive acquisition, I could be persuaded.

I was aware he went to Utah State. I merely mentioned he played college football in Utah to back up my point that he has lived out west his entire life.

That obviously doesn’t mean he won’t come east if that is where he can get the most money. I just figure he would prefer to remain in the western part of the United States if possible. Yet as another poster pointed out, after the Seahawks and Rams, he really only have the Chargers, Raiders, and Broncos in that area of the country left if the Seahawks and Rams don’t want to sign him to a new contract.

My objective was to throw shade at a local school soon to join the big xii

p.s. I doubt (even for truckloads of $$) that Wagner ventures east of the Rockies

This draft is supposed to be strong at RB, CB, and TE and weak at LB.

I’m not a big fan of picking based on current year needs because I don’t think you should trust non-1st round rookies to make a difference, but if that assessment of the draft’s strengths is accurate then I think it would be best to direct FA resources towards a good LB and tackle and then draft for the rest

Would love to have him, just don't think Miami is going to spend the type of money he will get.

I know there are ways to manipulate the salary cap, but what's happening with the Rams shows that the bill eventually comes due.

It would be nice if they could get Wagner & Poyer on nice deals. Hopefully restructure a few contracts and add a ol & cb in the draft.

Tempting, but he will be expensive, and up there in years.

I still believe as far as what we need, and how critical each is, my opinion is..

1. OT
2. Corner
3. Guard/Center
4. Backup QB
5. M-LB
6. Powerback

Though I have M-LB at 5, I really do think we seriously could use a dependable guy in the Middle that can also fall into coverage and not look bad doing it.

Wagner would be awesome to get, but the line, secondary, and finally someone dependable to backup Tua are just too important if Miami is going to make a run in 2023. Money is not as plentiful as it was last year.

Bobby Wagner is 32 years old and will by 33 by the start of the season. Last season he was paid $10M (part of a 5 yr $50M deal that the LA Rams shortened to just 1 season). He's still a good middle linebacker who is skilled at reading the Offense, but his best days are behind him. Seattle and the LA Rams have effectively let him go in successive seasons, presumably because he's too expensive. I'd look elsewhere to find our long term middle linebacker. However, if Vic Fangio is adamant and wants him as the key defensive acquisition, I could be persuaded.

To be fair, I don’t think he comes here or we can afford him… but that dude is elite and would be a top get for us. Getting Bobby Wagner would be more impactful than any other FA because he’s that good relative to realistic options at corner or tackle. LB is a top need for us way way more important than a *back up* Qb.

Worth noting teams don’t get extra wins for having the most guys that are 28 or under.

Having players that are more experienced and older and still playing good football is an important balance to have for winning teams. You don’t need to sign Bobby Wagner to a 10 year contract, you need him for 2. It’s widely reported that the most competitive teams have a good balance of young and older players (average age trend toward older than younger). We are not in rebuild, we are a playoff team who wants to win now.

I watched a fair amount of Rams games and Bobby Wagner had a career high in sacks last year and made plays all over the field. He actually got voted ALL PRO. Dude is elite regardless of age.

Back
Top Bottom