Boise WR Titus Young meets with Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise WR Titus Young meets with Dolphins

Like he is with Hankerson, I'm a little biased about Young. I became a big fan of him this year and imo he is the ideal fix to the Dolphin's lack of speed at wr.

Honestly you put me on to young in the chat room . . . I knew Pettis, but I thought Young was this deep vertical guy who just caught homeruns ala Ginn . . . but dude is a pretty versatile WR and plays with aggression. I think he would really be a good fit to our offense.

I was really just bagging on your speed theory:chuckle: I know hes a better Ginn as a wr. You can have that
and I'll give you the argument that anything is possible but I KNOW Hank will be good in the pros:lol:
Maybe he will be solid in returner and Wr but I think 3rd is way too high for the guy

Watch some tape of Young . . . he definitely can be as effective or even more effective than DJax in the NFL.

Ben Volin said he was working with Gold Medal Sprinter Maurice Greene. Young says he thinks he can run in the 4.2s. If he does he is not making it past the 2nd round.
Chubbs

Ben Volin said he was working with Gold Medal Sprinter Maurice Greene. Young says he thinks he can run in the 4.2s. If he does he is not making it past the 2nd round.
Chubbs

If he runs in the 4.2's, he will not get past the #33 pick to New England.

If he runs in the 4.2's, he will not get past the #33 pick to New England.
I see them taking a bigger receiver this draft, not too sure if they want another slot guy. Then again, been working for them so far, whats another weapon for BRady.
Chubbs

Watch some tape of Young . . . he definitely can be as effective or even more effective than DJax in the NFL.

I'll watch some tape right now:up: [video=youtube;uPM5ttLp_Qg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPM5ttLp_Qg&feature=related[/video] I'll give you this he has good hands and great speed, his routes are ehh but he can learn that

I see them taking a bigger receiver this draft, not too sure if they want another slot guy. Then again, been working for them so far, whats another weapon for BRady.
Chubbs

I bet they take Hank and I'll be livid

Chubbs

He's not really a slot guy though . . . he can man the slot, but I see him outside stretching the field. Hell they have enough picks to do anything they want lol. HIm and Tate on the outside would be murderous . . . but I could see them maybe trading up for a more complete WR like Jones.

He's not really a slot guy though . . . he can man the slot, but I see him outside stretching the field. Hell they have enough picks to do anything they want lol. HIm and Tate on the outside would be murderous . . . but I could see them maybe trading up for a more complete WR like Jones.
Yea, some draft "experts" have been suggesting that Pats might consider trading up for Green. I find it a little skeptical because Belichick loves to horde picks, not use numerous 1st day picks on 1 guy.

If he was a perfect prospect he would be going in the top 5. But given the skills he has, he is near the top of the draft at what we need. He catches the ball with ease, he is explosive as all hell and he can run a hell of a deep route... Or would you rather us keep running reverses with BRIAN HARTLINE?!

If he was a perfect prospect he would be going in the top 5. But given the skills he has, he is near the top of the draft at what we need. He catches the ball with ease, he is explosive as all hell and he can run a hell of a deep route... Or would you rather us keep running reverses with BRIAN HARTLINE?!

We need speed on offense, and this kid brings that . . . I want atleast one speedy WR and one speedy RB added to this roster next year. This solves one issue.

Yea, some draft "experts" have been suggesting that Pats might consider trading up for Green. I find it a little skeptical because Belichick loves to horde picks, not use numerous 1st day picks on 1 guy.

If they want to they can, but I think it is easier to trade up for Jones. They are weird with their picks (in a good way). . . I have seen them trade multiple picks after they acquire them to get a guy they want before . . . but then they find a way to gather additional picks for the following year.

I can't wait for the year when the Pats actually use their stockpile of picks. To me it would mean that Belichik is in his final year and he's cashing in his chips for one final run.

He’s a small slot receiver and a return guy, don’t see him going very high just because of some Senior bowl practice.

Fellow Boise State WR Austin Pettis might be a better value a little later, he’s a really good versatile receiver (6’3 203lb) who isn’t a return guy or a speed burner, he just catches balls like Orande Gadston used to around here.
Check out some press (and the link)-

“Pettis’ gift — besides his magnetic hands and voluminous range — is his ability to find his way through whatever coverage the defense concocts to reach the play’s prescribed location.”

“That guy is lights out when it comes to football knowledge,” Harsin said. “That’s a huge part of our success — his ability to dissect a defense out there.”

“The thing that’s always amazed me about him is his range where he can make a catch,” wide receivers coach Brent Pease said. “It’s so far wide and so far high, way down low, on the run.”

Coaches credit his athletic background — a life spent playing baseball (he was a center fielder), basketball and football. He serves as the Broncos’ holder, runs the swinging-gate two-point conversions, has thrown two touchdown passes and has drilled a 45-yard field goal in practice.

“He is our most versatile player,” coach Chris Petersen said.”

Link to article with these quotes

Back
Top Bottom