Boise WR Titus Young meets with Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boise WR Titus Young meets with Dolphins

You will have to take him in round 2 cause he wont last til round 3. Need to get a 2nd if we want him.

Ben Volin said he was working with Gold Medal Sprinter Maurice Greene. Young says he thinks he can run in the 4.2s. If he does he is not making it past the 2nd round.
Chubbs

He'll run in the 4.7s before he runs in the 4.2s. He's pretty fast on the field but he's no track star. He's a 4th round guy. I'd rather have him than Hartline. But I'd rather have Jerrel Jernigan

I just watched the vidoe that someome here posted about Young, and he sounds like a very level headed mature young player. He looked the goods on the clips that were posted, and speed is a massive issue with the team. If it we can pick up a 2nd, and it would probbaly be the pick in the mid 50's, he may be worth grabbing. I doubt he will be there by our third round pick. Too many teams need WR - Pats, Rams, Panthers, Bears, Jets.

He’s a small slot receiver and a return guy, don’t see him going very high just because of some Senior bowl practice.

Fellow Boise State WR Austin Pettis might be a better value a little later, he’s a really good versatile receiver (6’3 203lb) who isn’t a return guy or a speed burner, he just catches balls like Orande Gadston used to around here.
Check out some press (and the link)-

“Pettis’ gift — besides his magnetic hands and voluminous range — is his ability to find his way through whatever coverage the defense concocts to reach the play’s prescribed location.”

“That guy is lights out when it comes to football knowledge,” Harsin said. “That’s a huge part of our success — his ability to dissect a defense out there.”

“The thing that’s always amazed me about him is his range where he can make a catch,” wide receivers coach Brent Pease said. “It’s so far wide and so far high, way down low, on the run.”

Coaches credit his athletic background — a life spent playing baseball (he was a center fielder), basketball and football. He serves as the Broncos’ holder, runs the swinging-gate two-point conversions, has thrown two touchdown passes and has drilled a 45-yard field goal in practice.

“He is our most versatile player,” coach Chris Petersen said.”

Link to article with these quotes
I like Pettis as well but you just said it best; Pettis is a Oronde Gadsden type player. Should have a better career than Gadsden imo, but he is not a gamebreaker like Young. Dolphins have been lacking a player with homerun hitting abilities for a while. They reached for ginn and he was more interested in getting to the sidelines than the endzone. Young is that guy, question is can he last till round 3 for fins to pick up.

i don't think he's quite the prospect Javoby Ford was last season, and he was a 4th rounder iirc. of course, that doesn't mean anything

scaledphptn0server614filenamevqusfjpgxsi-1.jpg

;)

Titus Young is a better WR prospect than Jacoby Ford was last year. That's a fact. And while Pettis may be good value, he is not what we need. We need a player like Young. The guy has sick hands, he's very fast, and he runs good routes. And he returns kicks. He is exactly what Miami needs.

Titus Young is a better WR prospect than Jacoby Ford was last year. That's a fact. And while Pettis may be good value, he is not what we need. We need a player like Young. The guy has sick hands, he's very fast, and he runs good routes. And he returns kicks. He is exactly what Miami needs.

I don't think anybody thought Ford would go after the ball like he has in the NFL . . . Clemson used him in so many different ways he just seemed to raw to be a full time WR . . . Titus Young is much more polished as a WR . . . obviously not as fast as Ford (then again who is) but he is a better overall WR.

If you can draft a guy like Young, get a dynamic pass catching TE opposite of Fasano and add the speed at RB . . . that will help any QB that we decide to have back there.

i think that if titus young runs a 4.7 it will be with a pulled hammy...

4.7 no way

He'll run in the 4.7s before he runs in the 4.2s. He's pretty fast on the field but he's no track star. He's a 4th round guy. I'd rather have him than Hartline. But I'd rather have Jerrel Jernigan

Just so you know he ran track and lettered in it two times....also his best 40 time as of right now is a 4.35

Just so you know he ran track and lettered in it two times....also his best 40 time as of right now is a 4.35

I don't actually think he'll run a 4.7. But I don't think he'll run in the 4.3s. And even then I'm not saying he's slow. You don't have to run in the 4.3s to be fast. But from what I saw of him I'm not ready to say he'll be a great deep threat in the NFL. Brian Hartline was a great track runner but he's not an amazing deep threat guy. All in all I'm just saying that I'm not convinced yet that Titus Young is worth a 3rd round pick. But there's still time left before the draft. Let's see how he plays during the game.

Back
Top Bottom