Bokamber thinks the way to motivate the fanbase is Justin Blackmon... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bokamber thinks the way to motivate the fanbase is Justin Blackmon...

i would take him at 8 if he fell or we will b facing him twice a year in a bills uniform

i would take him at 8 if he fell or we will b facing him twice a year in a bills uniform

Haha, Not trying to pick on you individually because a lot of people say things like this, "we have to pick ______ or we'll have to face them twice/yr."... I get what you're saying, but we'll have to face no matter WHO they take with the 10th pick twice/yr. No matter who it is. Blackmon would def make sense for us, but we can't think about picking someone for the sake of another team getting said player.

I dont think he is going to be there..however most dolphins fans that I have talked to beyond this board want a qb.

Honestly I could give a damn less about motivating the fanbase. I want to win football games.
You don't draft what the fans want or who they say to draft. That is an ignorant concept.

Blackmon is a phenomenal technician but you aren't going to excite an offense without getting a Calvin Johnson. Blackmon is pretty much a clone of Anquan Boldin, which as has been proven, you can't really build an offense around him. I absolutely think he's a #1 WR, don't get me wrong, especially now we are running a west coast variant, but I'd rather Miami make the trade for Jabar Gaffney from Washington. He plays bigger than he is (6'2 210 lbs) and he's got incredibly sure hands. He's not a YAC catch guy, which is what we appear to be lacking. Gaffney would be a temporary guy, like 2-3 years at absolute most, but it would allow you to install the system in place with Gaffney, Hartline, Bess and then you go after a guy like McNutt from Arkansas who has a lot of Marshall qualities, from his YAC fighting to his soft hands. And mediocre speed.

I agree with the sentiment that he wont slip past the Rams. However if a team trades up to get Tannehill or something, ahead of Miami, and trades with the Rams or the Jags, and Blackmon is still available. I think he'd be an excellent pick. Not that all first round WR's pan out, I mean for every Calvin Johnson I guess there's a Reggie Williams or a Troy Williamson - But of the teams who have hit on those high pick potential WR's - their fortunes have really changed. Julio Jones in Atlanta for instance. Larry Fitzgerald obviously with the Cardinals. Calvin Johnson. The list goes on - ANNNND now that we have created a need for a WR, albeit we may have been forced to with B Marsh's behavior and attitude, it makes sense.

I do think Blackmon is worth trading up for, MUCH more so than for Tannehill. Tanne.. is definitely NOT worth trading up for. He's a 'MAYBE' player, at best, and has much more evidence to suggest he's a natural choker than a guy who can get it done when it counts. If he's good enough to make great plays in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd quarter, then he has the ABILITY to make plays in the 4th quarter. The fact that he fails in the 4th quarter, and fails mightily, indicates that he lacks 'IT', just like Matt Moore does. We already have a good athlete with good abilities who fails when it counts. Why do we need to draft another one? Tannehill just makes no sense here. If Miami passed on him, he could plummet all the way out of the 1st round like Aaron Rogers did. Then you can pick up later, pay him a ton less, and breathe a sigh of relief for everyone involved. Blackmon might be the only guy in this draft that could 'save' the 2012 season, possibly help Miami be a wildcard contender (Patriots are still the cream of AFC East crop, no doubt).
Aaron RoDgers did not plummet out of the first round. He went 24th. Also, is your observation of Tannehill just what you have read on it or youtube videos? Watch some of those games that they lost against the top tier teams. It was far from just him losing the game. His Wr's dropped 64 passes this last year. 64! That is an extreme amount of passes dropped. His pocket presence alone already far exceeds Moore's. His throw on the run is incredible. Also, those dropped passes accounted for 11.9% (I believe is the #) of his passes for the season.

No way Tannehill would plummet if the Dolphins passed on him. Too many teams need QB's, and other teams would definitely jump on a guy they could groom for the future. The Eagles for instance.

STRANGER THINGS have happened on draft day than blackmon falling to #8.

probably wont happen, but, wouldnt suprise me one bit. and if he did, he is one of 2 players i would fall out of my chair for should they fall to us at #8, blackmon and MORRIS CLAIBORNE!!

our secondary is not good at all. smith should already be on the bench and a guy like claiborne would do just that and be a great pairing with vontae davis.

to much fire power in our division as well as the rest of the nfl. and we dont match up at all with our secondary personel. plus, he is a dynamic return guy, which we also need. 2 great players in one. he is my HOPE pic of the draft.

blackmon looks like the perfect wco wr. if he falls and is the pic, that IS something to be excited about!!

but, as of merling being let go today and the loss of kendall langford, we are now thin on the line and FLETCHER COX, if there, willl be the pic. outside of secondary, a pass rusher to pair with vontae are probably our two biggest issues. i know everyone thinks offense, but thats because everyone is qb crazy.

cox, claiborne and barron are the needed picks, but, blackmon puts points on the board and butts in seats whcih this team HAS to address. if you think this team cant land in california, you better think again. the nfl is a cash cow and the cow needs to be fed. if one of the feed bins is broken and deemed un repairable, they get a new one. blackmon wouldnt be a luxery pic as a wco team cant have enough big time wr's, and we dont have one right now.

cox, claiborne or barron are needs and would be the smartest pics, but you cant argue with a choice who scores points and puts butts in seats. if cox is gone and the plan is to go d-line, MELVIN INGRAM will be the pic.

IF he fell to #8, which I don't see happening, I would be OK with that - provided we could trade up and get Weeden to go with him.
I'd be ok with this. But like many others have said i cant see him falling to 8. He will get snagged by the Jags @7 if he falls and thats if they don't trade out of thier pick to someone who really wants him if he starts to slide.

Floyd!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 PM ----------

I'd be ok with this. But like many others have said i cant see him falling to 8. He will get snagged by the Jags @7 if he falls and thats if they don't trade out of thier pick to someone who really wants him if he starts to slide.

Do you realize, in your sig, you gave Wake Starks #.. Starks is 94, Wake is 91.

Back
Top Bottom