bokamper donest see pat white in the game plan next week | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

bokamper donest see pat white in the game plan next week

We need to give White a chance to prove himself. Of course he'll play.
Doesn't matter what "we" think. For him to get a lot of reps at practice then not be used except to kneel down is a pretty strong signal that they have decided to move forward without him.

I am starting to think that he may not even make it to next weeks game.

Doesn't matter what "we" think. For him to get a lot of reps at practice then not be used except to kneel down is a pretty strong signal that they have decided to move forward without him.

I am starting to think that he may not even make it to next weeks game.

I think you are looking too much into that. White is a 2nd round pick; they will put him in. What if he shows up on game day and impresses? It's only preseason, the W-L column is irrelevant. If he doesn't play next week then I'll be concerned for his future.

I think you are looking too much into that. White is a 2nd round pick; they will put him in. What if he shows up on game day and impresses? It's only preseason, the W-L column is irrelevant. If he doesn't play next week then I'll be concerned for his future.
Hyde brought up a great point that Sparano had talked about White getting playing time against Tampa. For that to be the plan, he gets the reps and then gets no significant playing time tells me that something has happened.

Next week you have to figure that Henne will play a half, Pennington I would think will get a quarter because he is the #2 and needs to shake the rust, leaving one quarter for either Thiggy or White. My money is on Thiggy getting that time because he brings more to the table then White.

Flutie went to Canada and returned to the NFL a better player. Same could happen with White, but of course we don't know for sure.

What we do know is that PW made a stupid remark on Twitter regarding changing positions, and he doesn't post on Twitter publicly anymore. We know there are a lot of guys in camps around the league who are willing to do whatever it takes to stick on a roster. We also know some are not willing to do so, and that inflexibility usually forces a team's hand when said player is struggling at their preferred position. It only takes one display of a bad attitude in a practice or meeting to help a franchise make up it's mind on a player.

White looks like he's in the doghouse, IMO, not just struggling as a player.

Hyde brought up a great point that Sparano had talked about White getting playing time against Tampa. For that to be the plan, he gets the reps and then gets no significant playing time tells me that something has happened.

Next week you have to figure that Henne will play a half, Pennington I would think will get a quarter because he is the #2 and needs to shake the rust, leaving one quarter for either Thiggy or White. My money is on Thiggy getting that time because he brings more to the table then White.

I don't think Pennington will really play at all. He's a season veteran and he doesn't really need to play. The young guys need the reps. I'm not a White fan, but people are too ready to kick him out the door.

I don't think Pennington will really play at all. He's a season veteran and he doesn't really need to play. The young guys need the reps. I'm not a White fan, but people are too ready to kick him out the door.

You really think they let the #2 go an entire PS without playing? That won't happen. Especially in lieu of the fact that he hasn't played since week 3 last season. Seasoned vet or not you need to work and get game snaps with the offense to get in sync and develop a chemistry.

Floutie went to Canada and returned to the NFL a better player. Same could happen with White, but of course we don't know for sure.

What we do know is that PW made a stupid remark on Twitter regarding changing positions, and he doesn't post on Twitter publicly anymore. We know there are a lot of guys in camps around the league who are willing to do whatever it takes to stick on a roster. We also know some are not willing to do so, and that inflexibility usually forces a team's hand when said player is struggling at their preferred position. It only takes one display of a bad attitude in a practice or meeting to help a franchise make up it's mind on a player.

White looks like he's in the doghouse, IMO, not just struggling as a player.

Let's not forget he also missed that first day of practice.

You really think they let the #2 go an entire PS without playing? That won't happen. Especially in lieu of the fact that he hasn't played since week 3 last season. Seasoned vet or not you need to work and get game snaps with the offense to get in sync and develop a chemistry.

No. I didn't say he wasn't going to play. I said he won't really play that much. The younger guys needs the reps more. You think the 2nd round pick of last years draft won't play at all this PS?

Let's not forget he also missed that first day of practice.

Absolutely. We don't know what that was about, but his brother's quotes didn't help him at all.

I have no intention of starting a "Pat White Memorial Thread" because I think that stuff is bush league. But I don't think he's going to stick here. The sooner he finds a happier place to be the better for everyone. I'd rather his spot go to Ness, if it came down to that.

Maybe we could trade White to the Winnipeg bombers for a kicking tee and some field paint.

I know its cool to pile on Pat White, seems to give alot of
you guys a little chubby. Whatever. My problem with this
whole PW deal is how it's been handled by the FO. PW
made it plain to every team in the NFL since the senior bowl
that he wanted a fair shot to be able to play QB. If you
wanted a WR or punt returner, draft someone else. I'm as
skepticle as aynbody else that his college skills would
translate to the NFL. Apparently the FO agreed to give him
his shot. Sparano said right after the draft he was drafted
to play QB. IMO he has never including all the time up until
last night, been given that oppurtunity. If he sucks as bad
as apparently they think he does than cut him and be done
with it. No need for the Godfather himself watching the tv
feed up in his private booth to hear Griese say that it would
be better for White not to play in the last 4 min. of the game,
and get more snaps next week. Then put him in the game for
last minute and have him kneel three times to end the game.
It shows no class from the FO and the kid deserves better.

PW made it plain to every team in the NFL since the senior bowl
that he wanted a fair shot to be able to play QB. If you wanted a WR or punt returner, draft someone else.

Yes, PW did say he wanted fair shot to be a QB, but he also said he'd do anything asked of him to help his team win. That statement made a lot of teams feel more comfortable drafting him, because if the QB experiment fails, we've got a good kid who will try to stick some other way & help us.

I don't really like the treatment PW has received to this point, but I also don't know how innocent he is in regards to that treatment. Certainly, his Twitter remark was a slap in the face to someone who drafted him thinking he'd do whatever he could to help that team win ballgames.

Yes, PW did say he wanted fair shot to be a QB, but he also said he'd do anything asked of him to help his team win. That statement made a lot of teams feel more comfortable drafting him, because if the QB experiment fails, we've got a good kid who will try to stick some other way & help us.

I don't really like the treatment PW has received to this point, but I also don't know how innocent he is in regards to that treatment. Certainly, his Twitter remark was a slap in the face to someone who drafted him thinking he'd do whatever he could to help that team win ballgames.

Yes he said that and I'm sure if he felt he was given a fair
shot and it did'nt work out he would have done it. They draft him
in the 2nd round and whats the first thing they do, change his throwing
mechanics and take away his gloves. Sparano said himself he
did'nt care if he used the gloves or not. Then they hardly play
him at all in that preseason, needed to get Henne ready and all,
I get it, and they were right about that. Then what do they do
in the regular season ? Put him in games at wierd *** times and
tell him whatever you do, don't turn the ball over. I even agreed
with it at first. Put him in a real game, see if he could execute
the play that was called, get the snap from center and hand
the ball off without dropping it. Okay, I get it, but why keep doing
all season. What's the point of putting him in for the 2 point
conversion against the Tetons ( spelling intended ) where all
he could do is fail and become the goat and loose the game ?
Just don't get it unless it was their plan all along to make him
a receiver or punt returner, and figured they could bully him
once he was signed and he'd cave in and do what they wanted.

Back
Top Bottom