BOLD Predictions- What's Coming in 3 Weeks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BOLD Predictions- What's Coming in 3 Weeks?

1) It appears Tua has fully recovered from his hip injury. Now the question becomes, does he return to Alabama Form? So far in camp, the answer appears to be a resounding Yes!!! Let's hope that continues during the season.

2) Has Miami's zero cover defense made enough tweeks to remain effective, after teams have had 2 seasons to figure it out. In spite of that, Miami seems poised to be a much improved and dominant defense.

The key for the Cover 0 is not to overuse it. Rather, Break it out as the situation calls for.

The caveat.... Start the Bmore game on D and open with it... just to rattle Lamar

Dieter can be solid, but I agree with you that putting your hopes on Dieter to play the middle is a bit scary and might not happen.

Eichenberg had a great practice yesterday, and yes I know, it's grasping at very thin straw, but there is still a pretty good chance he produces and continues to get better as the year goes on playing Guard.

It's not like Eich was a scrub in college, there is talent there, and if Williams can get past his issues, he is the best choice at Center. Got to cross the finger 🤞
, and hope the coaches know something we don't.
I don't think hoping Eich can be a solid G is grasping at straws at all. As far as Dieter, He's competent as a C, though not spectacular. You could do worse, but he has also not always been durable/healthy. I really prefer my center to be able to take 100% of the seasons snaps. I think consistency at that particular position is paramount.

I don't think hoping Eich can be a solid G is grasping at straws at all. As far as Dieter, He's competent as a C, though not spectacular. You could do worse, but he has also not always been durable/healthy. I really prefer my center to be able to take 100% of the seasons snaps. I think consistency at that particular position is paramount.

Yeah, the grasping is just seeing Liam hit full, or good enough potential far quicker then many think.

I think Miami wants to just try out Willams this year 1st to see if he can handle it, I believe next Off-Season (Along with R-Tackle...Depending how Jackson looks), Miami will be in the market for Center and R-Tackle if either or both don't work out.

You shut your whore mouth!!!!! Lmao!!!

Just playing dude... dont get all crazy on me! But I love me some Gesecki, he so sexky
Just put him at slot. Working him tight is worthless IMO. He's a baller receiver though.

Just put him at slot. Working him tight is worthless IMO. He's a baller receiver though.
I still don’t believe they are trying to get Gesicki to play inline

Embree has coached the best, he should see that futility quickly imo

The dolphins are more run heavy than people anticipate. It succeeds and we start the season 3-1.

Smoke screen then. Or just using this time to harden him as much as possible.

I love Mike G and don't want to move him.

But as you mentioned, futile is what best describes our efforts to turn him into a legit TE.

Smoke screen then. Or just using this time to harden him as much as possible.

I love Mike G and don't want to move him.

But as you mentioned, futile is what best describes our efforts to turn him into a legit TE.
I look at it a little differently. I don't think they are trying to force him into the role of a power blocking TE. Zone schemes are a bit more flexible in terms of TE assignments than many are used to. He doesn't need to be a "blow his man off the LOS", or "take on a DE" blocker to be effective. He does have to get to his assignment on time and move the defender with solid technique.

If we want to have our best 4 receiving options all on the field at the same time, he can't just line up in the slot most of the time, and it can't be a "tell" that there is very high likleyhood of a pass play if he's on the field. In order to accomplish those things, it is necessary that he line up as a normal TE at times, and it can't always be 21 personnel either. That would limit the offense, particularly if we use a fullback in some formations.

Will it work out? IDK. The approach makes sense to me though. There was no sense in tagging him if we had no intention of integrating him into the overall offensive philosophy.

I look at it a little differently. I don't think they are trying to force him into the role of a power blocking TE. Zone schemes are a bit more flexible in terms of TE assignments than many are used to. He doesn't need to be a "blow his man off the LOS", or "take on a DE" blocker to be effective. He does have to get to his assignment on time and move the defender with solid technique.

If we want to have our best 4 receiving options all on the field at the same time, he can't just line up in the slot most of the time, and it can't be a "tell" that there is very high likleyhood of a pass play if he's on the field. In order to accomplish those things, it is necessary that he line up as a normal TE at times, and it can't always be 21 personnel either. That would limit the offense, particularly if we use a fullback in some formations.

Will it work out? IDK. The approach makes sense to me though. There was no sense in tagging him if we had no intention of integrating him into the overall offensive philosophy.
I know the approach makes sense

But you still said he needs to get to his spot, move the defender and display technique.

I’d bet money it backfires..

My predictions for week 1:

Both Waddle and Tyreke go for over 100 yds each and a TD in a win over the Pats. The national media spends the next week reframing their opinions on Tua to fit the narrative.

I know the approach makes sense

But you still said he needs to get to his spot, move the defender and display technique.

I’d bet money it backfires..
I can certainly understand the skepticism. I will say, that he has improved every year as a pro. What if, by chance, it does work out even moderately well? To me, it would be a hell of a tool to have in the arsenal.

I can certainly understand the skepticism. I will say, that he has improved every year as a pro. What if, by chance, it does work out even moderately well? To me, it would be a hell of a tool to have in the arsenal.
I don’t see the improvement Mach, sorry.

My predictions for week 1:

Both Waddle and Tyreke go for over 100 yds each and a TD in a win over the Pats. The national media spends the next week reframing their opinions on Tua to fit the narrative.
I would predict we will hear a lot of the following:

A surprise victory for the Dolphins.
The Patriots often have trouble with the Dolphins, but the season is early.
The Dolphins won with an uneven offense and a good defense.
These early games are not indicative of what we will see later in the season.

Which one do you think will be the most prevalent? - LO

I’ve spent zero time worrying about Mike G. this training camp and I hope I don’t end up being wrong about it, but I have a strong hunch that McDaniel knows how to get the best out of him- whatever that may be.

From Day 1, Shanahan’s and their coaching tree seem to get phenomenal TE play. Reading a list of TE’s that have played in this offense is like reading a HOF roll call. Shannon Sharp, Tony G., Kittle, and the list goes on. Mike G. will be just fine.

Back
Top Bottom