BOLD Predictions- What's Coming in 3 Weeks? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BOLD Predictions- What's Coming in 3 Weeks?

I would predict we will hear a lot of the following:

A surprise victory for the Dolphins.
The Patriots often have trouble with the Dolphins, but the season is early.
The Dolphins won with an uneven offense and a good defense.
These early games are not indicative of what we will see later in the season.

Which one do you think will be the most prevalent? - LO
I'm going with an alternate.

High flying Phins continue their assault on NFL defenses

We rush for 100+ yards in each of our first 3 games, going undefeated in the process. Tua throws an int before a TD but follows it up with a further 5 TD's before getting intercepted again.

Val Kilmer Tombstone GIF by Giphy QA

I would predict we will hear a lot of the following:

A surprise victory for the Dolphins.
The Patriots often have trouble with the Dolphins, but the season is early.
The Dolphins won with an uneven offense and a good defense.
These early games are not indicative of what we will see later in the season.

Which one do you think will be the most prevalent? - LO
That actually sounds about right. Not bold though.

Hopefully bring in a true center somehow someway and kick Williams back to LG.

We surprise and win our first three games surprising the nation with a dub against buffalo
And bench Eich?

With the hype it would be so Dolphin like to lose opening week to NE. Belichick outcoaches a rookie head coach and Mac Jones outplays Tua.
This board would explode with nutcases.

Bold you say?
AJ allows only 1.5 sacks in the first 3 games.
Waddle has more total yards than Tyrek after the first 3 games.
Igby will have an interception in the first 3 games.

Bold? Tua goes for more than 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns.

Miami beats Buffalo at least once.

Both Hill and Waddle reach 1,000 yards receiving.

The Dolphins go 11-6 and win a playoff game.
Allow me to modify your first "Boldy" and make it bolder - LOL
"Bold? Tua goes for more than 4,000 yards and 30 touchdowns IN JUST ONE GAME AT BUFALO"

There, that's better - LOL
Tua has 5+ seconds to throw. :shrug:
That is 2 to 3 times longer than he typically had last year.

Let me see how this is happening.
The Defense:
1) We have maintained most of last year's defense, which was pretty good.
2) We have had growth in performance of some of those players carrying into this year.
3) We have successfully augmented our defense with re-signing our best players, drafting some more solid defensive players, and bringing in vets via Free Agency.
4) We have retained our Defensive Coordinator, most of last year coaching staff and increased the size of the coaching staff by adding 6 new coaches to replace or augment the defensive coaching staff. Some of our new coaches are former Dolphins players.

Conclusion: Our Defense is significantly better than it was last year.

The Offense:
1) Tua appears to have added weight via musculature.
2) It is clear that Tua's hip is now "fully healed" because he has retained his accuracy while being able to plant and rotate better, yielding more force on the ball resulting in longer throws while maintaining accuracy.
3) We have significantly augmented our Offensive line with some strong players in Free Agency and our receivers and running backs via the Draft and Free Agency.
4) We have a new Offensive coordinator with a new HC who will be calling the offensive plays and an increased number of coaches, and we have replaced most of the other Offensive coaches. Weh have added 9 new and replacement coaches. Some of our new coaches are former Dolphins players.

Conclusion: Our offense should be quantifiably improved this year.

Results from Training camp:

Usually, a defense is stronger than an offense in the beginning of training camp. That is not what we have seen this year. Our offense actually beat up our defense the first couple of days with the pads on. The defense recovered and outplayed the offense later. The results were some really exceptional plays made by key players on both sides of the ball. What does this say about our revamped team?

As I see it, the defense has remained as strong as ever and our offense has evolved to the point that even our defensive players are commenting on how good they are. This has to mean that our offense has improved to a great extent, especially since they tripled the time Tua has to throw the ball. We have seen some nice running plays. I hope to see more of those as our offensive coaching begins to focus more on our running game.

I LOVE IT !!!

Armstead is a LT, Williams is a LG, Jackson is an OT, Hunt is an OG, Deiter is a C. Let them play there and watch. JMO
I see Eichenberg at LG and Deiter on the bench. Deiter will be gone after the 2022 season because he is just a mediocre backup and they won’t resign him.

Back
Top Bottom