Bold Statement from Rich Eisen | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold Statement from Rich Eisen

VBCheeseGrater

Not Quite A Shredder
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Tuned into to FOX Radio at work, right in the middle of Rich Eisen talking about Cutler. Eisen said the following, to paraphrase...

"Cutler has the best group of offensive weapons that he has ever had in his career, going back to Denver and Chicago"

While i'm high on our weapons, that's no gimme statement considering he's had Forte, Marshall, and Jefferies all on the same team if I recall correctly. Speaks to the quality of talent we have at the skill positions this year. No mention of o-line here, strictly talking weapons as i took it.

So what do you think.....best weapons Cutler has ever had?

I think so I mean he did have forte, jeffrey and Bennett but Miami beats that

I think what's unique about his situation is that all WR's are in or entering their prime. Your 3 primary WR's are entering their 3rd, 4th and 5th seasons. Ajayi and Drake, 3rd and 2nd seasons.

Even having Laremy Tunsil should factor into this equation.

I've been pimping our offense all offseason to anyone who will listen.

He does have the best weapons he has ever had, but will the O-line allow him to actually use them to the best of his abilities? That is the real question.

Yes this is the best group

Cutlers one of the top 5 most mission criticals on this team this year we have only one qb. Along with in some order Ajayi, tunsil, suh, and Timmons.

Sorry but NO running back on this team can compare to the seasons Matt Forte had in
his 2013 season, He ran for 1339 yards and had 74 receptions for almost 600 yards.

His 2014 season Forte ran for 1038 yards with 102 receptions and 800+ yards

5- 1000+ RUSHING SEASONS and 8-44 or more receptions in a season with Cutler

Like him or hate him Marshall had 2 seasons with Cutler that NO
receiver on this team has experienced
1508 yards receiving with 11 tds and 1295 yards receiving with 12 tds

Jeffery also had 2 seasons with Cutler that no receiver on the Dolphins has put together
1421 yards receiving with 7 tds and 1133 yards receiving with 10 tds

Only time will tell if Cutler can do to our players what he did in Chicago with the above 3

Sorry but NO running back on this team can compare to the seasons Matt Forte had in
his 2013 season, He ran for 1339 yards and had 74 receptions for almost 600 yards.

His 2014 season Forte ran for 1038 yards with 102 receptions and 800+ yards

5- 1000+ RUSHING SEASONS and 8-44 or more receptions in a season with Cutler

Like him or hate him Marshall had 2 seasons with Cutler that NO
receiver on this team has experienced
1508 yards receiving with 11 tds and 1295 yards receiving with 12 tds

Jeffery also had 2 seasons with Cutler that no receiver on the Dolphins has put together
1421 yards receiving with 7 tds and 1133 yards receiving with 10 tds

Only time will tell if Cutler can do to our players what he did in Chicago with the above 3
How the **** was that team not in the playoffs every year?

Cutler for 4800 yards...
Ajayi for 1500
DVP for 1000
Landry for 1000
Stills for 800

I live in Atlanta, and I heard on sports radio that the Falcons were ranked 27th in defense last year.

27th guys!

Yes defense wins championships, but offense gets you to the championship game...

If our defense can get us anywhere from 15 to 20, keep points off the board, and the o-line blocks....anything can happen.

How the **** was that team not in the playoffs every year?

Because those things did not happen in the same year.

2011 - Johnny Knox and Roy WIlliams are the WRs. Dane Sanzenbacher is the 3rd best WR.
2012 - Marshall 118 catches 1508 yards. Next closest WR - Earl Bennett 29 catches, 375 yards
2013 - New coaching staff and Cutler missed a bunch of time. Offense was first in the conference in points. Defense was second last in the conference in points allowed.
2014 - Marshall drops to 61 catches and 721 yards
2015 - New coaching staff and a ton of injuries to the skill players

Back
Top Bottom