Bold Statement from Rich Eisen | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold Statement from Rich Eisen

I agree that this is probably the best collection of weapons he has seen ... if they stay healthy. Remember, our punishing RB already had a concussion this year, as did his backup.

If Parker stays healthy, this will be his first healthy professional year. Julius Thomas is a walking MASH unit that would make Koa Misi look durable ... if he weren't already out for the season.

Then there is our perpetually injured OL. Their health and play is the key to our season. If they are unreliable, it all falls apart, just like all those Cutler naysayers are predicting. :-(

But if the OL is healthy and plays solid ball, then this offense can be very good.

I live in Atlanta, and I heard on sports radio that the Falcons were ranked 27th in defense last year.

27th guys!

Yes defense wins championships, but offense gets you to the championship game...

If our defense can get us anywhere from 15 to 20, keep points off the board, and the o-line blocks....anything can happen.

That's not an accurate portrayal of their defense in the sense that it was a young unit that very much improved as the season progressed.

After Atlanta's bye week and in the two playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl they only gave up 20.5 pts/g. which would put them in the top 10.

This is probably one of the better set of offensive weapons that the Dolphins have had in recent history, let alone just for Cutler.

Last edited:
Tuned into to FOX Radio at work, right in the middle of Rich Eisen talking about Cutler. Eisen said the following, to paraphrase...

"Cutler has the best group of offensive weapons that he has ever had in his career, going back to Denver and Chicago"

While i'm high on our weapons, that's no gimme statement considering he's had Forte, Marshall, and Jefferies all on the same team if I recall correctly. Speaks to the quality of talent we have at the skill positions this year. No mention of o-line here, strictly talking weapons as i took it.

So what do you think.....best weapons Cutler has ever had?

Without a doubt...potentially the best offense he's been in....if The O-line holds up.

Couple that with the Gase factor...yes.

The year Gase was in Chicago....Cutler's cast was crippled and he still thrived.

Without a doubt...potentially the best offense he's been in....if The O-line holds up.

Couple that with the Gase factor...yes.

The year Gase was in Chicago....Cutler's cast was crippled and he still thrived.

Thrived? Meh.

I think what's unique about his situation is that all WR's are in or entering their prime.

Was thinking the same thing...thats what puts it over the top...these guys should be having their best years, external factors holding up. Ajayi too...RBs seem to excel in their 2nd year with decent carries.

Like everyone is saying...if the OL holds up, the only non-slam dunk is tight end, which should be at least decent even if Thomas stinks.

Thrived? Meh.

C'mon bro...."thrived" can mean advance or succeed...considering the injuries that year to his cast and the Bears issues to begin with....I think that's a fair portrayal of what happened......

I also think it's reasonable to anticipate more From Gase/Cutler with this cast versus the former Bear cast.

Just because he might have the best weapons he's ever had doesn't change who Cutler is.

We'll see....it's not unprecedented for a talented quarterback who struggled in his career in one place to succeed later in a good situation.

Enjoy the ride bro....life is short.

Just because he might have the best weapons he's ever had doesn't change who Cutler is.

It doesn't change who Cutler is, but it certainly changes what he is capable of producing.

A race care driver will perform drastically different driving a Ferrari than he would driving a Hyundai. Same driver, wildly different results.

As another poster mentioned, the best part of our offensive skills guys, with the exception of TE, is that they are all in/entering their prime. Ajayi, Landry, Stills and Parker are all capable of posting their best years to date. Same with our backup skill guys; Drake, Grant and Caroo are all guys that have a chance to take the next step and be quality performers.

I know "potential" can be a four letter word in sports sometimes, but the arrow is certainly pointing up for all of the guys that are mentioned here, and having a QB with the best arm talent we have had here in Miami in quite a while can only help them achieve those new levels. Don't get me wrong, I saw some good things with Tanny last year, but just as a pure passer Cutler is ahead of what he's done so far.

NFLN - the four letter network. I had high hopes for it in the beginning but it has turned into the same morass as the other entertainment channels.

I think the gameday pregame stuff is decent with rich eisen and company. But the espn and fox and cbs pregame are pretty brutal.

Fox being the one I can tolerate they just don't do a lot of afc stuff.

It doesn't change who Cutler is, but it certainly changes what he is capable of producing.

A race care driver will perform drastically different driving a Ferrari than he would driving a Hyundai. Same driver, wildly different results.
Except a race car driver doesn't throw as many interceptions as Cutler. That's the problem with Cutler. He can have an all star receiver at every position and would still force it into coverage because that is what he does.

I've been thinking the same thing. This team is loaded at the skill position, if DaVante Parker emerges as expected.

In fact, this is among the best skill position players Miami has ever had. Those great 70's teams were loaded at running back with Larry Csonka, Mercury Morris and Jim Kiick. Plus they had a hall of fame receiver in Paul Warfield.

The Dan Marino years featured Mark Duper and Mark Clayton, but the Dolphins didn't have a stud running back.

Back
Top Bottom