Bold statement | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bold statement

It might not be bold. I do think Miami will be in the 10-13 win range.
If we can only muster 10 Ws, something went seriously wrong.

Our talent level at the "skills" is far better than last season. Our QB has improved substantially.

Our defense has made some good adds, besides having another year experience for our youngsters (Davis, Wilkins, AVG, Jones, etc), with a real TC and preseason. Our secondary is elite IMO.

I just can't see regression here, barring multiple serious injuries.

I understand the "hand shy dog" mentality, given the past. I just don't agree.

Our talent level at the "skills" is far better than last season. Our QB has improved substantially.

Our defense has made some good adds, besides having another year experience for our youngsters (Davis, Wilkins, AVG, Jones, etc), with a real TC and preseason. Our secondary is elite IMO.

I expect a regression in the timeliness of defensive and ST scores/plays.

We had a lot of games last year where the exact thing we needed to happen did, whether it was a big return or a defensive score.

I expect a similar number of turnovers, but I also expect they won't be as consistently well timed.

I also expect the offense to improve however so we need less of those to begin with.

I honestly expect around 10 wins, 12 would be amazing to me.

While 10 wins sounds disappointing, it would depend how Miami got there. Did Tua have a great year, but the Dolphins lost some close games? Did the team have a slew of injuries they had to overcome?

But, yes in principle I agree.

Back
Top Bottom