Boldin update, Miami likes McCluster | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin update, Miami likes McCluster

yeah, probably. i must have misunderstood it. Boldin is still > Bryant

Exactly, to put it in perspective Bryant averages a reception of 20 yards or more every 4 catches while Boldin gains 20 yards or more every 6 catches. On plays of 40 yards or more the gap grows wider with Bryant averaging a big play every 19 receptions and Boldin gaining 40 yards every 29 plays over their careers. And Bryant's first down percentage is at 70% for his career while Boldin's is 62%. Their td's are pretty much even with Bryant scoring every 12 touches and Boldin scoring every 13 touches.

unfortunately boldin had to play #2 in arizona for almost all his career. While Bryant played #1. That plays a big role. Boldin > Bryant in every aspect of the WR position.

about the bolded part...how is 91 more than 99?:confused:

I disagree with the argument that being a number 1 wr on a team where Michael Clayton or Ike Hilliard are playing on the opposite side of the field makes it easier to get open than playing opposite Larry Fitzgerald. If anything I would argue that Bryant faces tougher coverage week in and week out.

That would be like arguing that Randy Moss is holding back Wes Welker's production when in fact Moss draws coverage away from Welker allowing him to get open. Or that Andre Johnson benefits from everyone on the defensive side of the ball knowing that he is the key Houston's passing game.

I don't know how the simplest way to put this...

If Bryant has the same skill set, is a year younger, and has all this upside. then why wouldn't TB try and hold on to him, and then trade him for a HIGH draft pick? Exactly.

I don't know how the simplest way to put this...

If Bryant has the same skill set, is a year younger, and has all this upside. then why wouldn't TB try and hold on to him, and then trade him for a HIGH draft pick? Exactly.
because he is an UFA and they can only franchise him to keep him, and that would cost them well over 10 millions and the Glazers are trying to keep their payroll down because they can no longer sell out their stadium, and manchester united isn't making the money they used to.

because he is an UFA and they can only franchise him to keep him, and that would cost them well over 10 millions and the Glazers are trying to keep their payroll down because they can no longer sell out their stadium, and manchester united isn't making the money they used to.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I could also make the point that Boldin has been on the trading block for three seasons and has a manageable contract. If he is truly as good as some people on this forum make him out to be why has no team met Arizona's asking price. Exactly.

If we didn't take pat white last year, I would be all for taking McCluster. That being said, we can't afford to take another guy who is a project and a big risk. We have to many needs.

:hi5:

Couldn't have said it better myself. I could also make the point that Boldin has been on the trading block for three seasons and has a manageable contract. If he is truly as good as some people on this forum make him out to be why has no team met Arizona's asking price. Exactly.

Because no team wanted to give up the ridiculous price it would take to get him.

A 1st and a 3rd rounder was much to high, and that was last years asking price. They probaly wanted a 1st and 2nd the year before.

Bryant is not even close to Boldins talent, if you think this is debatable you need to go watch more film. Not only is Boldin a better reciever but he can block like a madman. Another good stat to look at is Boldin has the all time record (as of right now) for yards per game.

Just read this article from bleacher report explaining that part:

He was the offensive rookie of the year. He’s made three Pro Bowls. He leads all NFL receivers—all time—with 81.2 receiving yards per game. (Are you as shocked by that as I am? 81.2 yards receiving per game is the best in NFL history? It’s true. Jerry Rice averaged only 75.6 per game, sixth best behind Boldin, Torry Holt, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison

Consistent production, if our FO can keep Boldin healthy he would be the exact consistency we need. Obviously thats a big if, he usually plays in most the games but tends to miss 2-3 a year. Boldin would be leaps and bounds better then Antonio Bryant.

This post fails, especially the bold parts.

Bottom line is why would Miami give up even a HIGH 3rd round pick when they could get Antonio Bryant for just a salary and at this point in their careers, players of similar skill level.

you're kidding...antonio bryant is hardly a comparable talent to boldin. bryant has had flashes - boldin is proven. bryant couldn't carry boldin's jock strap, and if he could, he'd probably get kicked off the team for throwing it at parcells.

regarding boldin, here's an idea....it's a little out there, and i can appreciate that it's very difficult to project draft day trades but stay with me....what about sending the # 12 overall pick to ARZ for boldin and the # 26 overall pick? if you look at the various mock drafts, or do a mock yourself, you'll see that in picks 24 to 32, there are definitely some players that could help MIA. why would ARZ make that deal? if jimmy clausen falls past the redskins at # 4, he'll be there at # 12 (barring another trade, of course). if leinhart is the bum he appears to be, then ARZ will be handing the keys to that offense to a goon, setting that franchise back how many years...if clausen is there at # 12, SF and SEA are picking right after MIA. ARZ could swoop in and grab clausen b/c there's no way he makes it past SEA (if he makes it past SF) and ARZ could burn two divisional foes to nab a franchise qb. would that be enough compensation for ARZ to send boldin to MIA? is that too much to give up for boldin? MIA could still come out of the first round with a quality DT or edge rusher, all of the draft picks we currently hold, and anquan boldin. ARZ avoids the leinhart disaster and that offense keeps rolling. i know....a lot of speculation, but it's food for thought.

McCluster: 5'9" 172 only ran a 4.58.. In other words he just might drop so we can get him in the 4th. I don't see us spending a 2nd on him.

It is my impression that Sparano used him sparingly in the Senior Bowl on purpose and did more ST.

I would not get worked over the workout. Its about how you play football in the end.

See: Vernon Gohlston

Mccluster looks pretty good on tape, his 40 doesn't seem to reflect his real game speed. Some wildcat thrown in there too. Don't know how well he will transfer to the NFL cause of his size but he tore up this game...

(i'm still too low on posts to post vid or link lol)

www .youtube.com/watch?v=yp3RL2s5BV0

Back
Top Bottom