Boldin VS Chambers answer why Boldin had 1400 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin VS Chambers answer why Boldin had 1400

N

NJFinFury2004

First and foremost, Boldin played in the NFC WEST. This divsion has the worst defenses in the league. Everyone throws on one another in this Division. The year that Boldin had 1400 yards, the Cards were always behind, so their QB had to throw the ball more, vs mediocore Defenses, right? Make sense?

Chambers was on a team that was a run first oriented team, vs some of the best defenses in the NFL. Pats are a 3 time superbowl champ, The Bills are always mentioned as a top 5 D and the JETS have a very good D themselves.

You can't ask "How come Boldin has 1,400 Yards" and Chambers can't attain that. Different situation completely!

I'm half and half on this topic. I believe chambers hasn't really been given the right opportunities to be a great receiver, but i also believe by now no matter what he should have achieved a 1000 yard season.

Chambers needs to play in all 16 games this year. Thats what i believe has plagued him. Remember he has gotten close before, just didn't quite get there.

Boldin had 1,400 yards because he is a hell of a receiver. Anytime you get 1,400 yards you are doing something, much less being a rookie. Chris Chambers has yet to reach this status simply because Anquan Boldin is a better receiver. And I'm sure someone is going to argue this!!!

If he doesnt get injured I believe CC will get his 1000 yrd season this year.

Well, the lack of a vertical passing game is the main culprit of CC not getting the yardage associated with the better recievers. Most of his passes have been quick outs, crossing patterns and curl backs..the stallwart of the NT offense...The lack of a decent OL in 3-4 years has hurt any possibility of changing that trend...hopefully, this year, he will get more opportunities in the deep passing game..he is capable, but needs a consistent OL to allow time for the QBs...

NorthFloridaFin said:
Boldin had 1,400 yards because he is a hell of a receiver. Anytime you get 1,400 yards you are doing something, much less being a rookie. Chris Chambers has yet to reach this status simply because Anquan Boldin is a better receiver. And I'm sure someone is going to argue this!!!
So you judge talent by numbers? How fantasy football is that? It's apples and organges guys. Chambers has produced very very well for the offensive system and gamplans he's been played in. I don't know why Boldin got all those yards, but I'm certain it's NOT because he's an "elite" receiver. Good/great yes. Not elite. I can think of 5 or 6 other receivers I'd rather have. You all focus on the "1000 yard barrier" as if it's the holy grail of WR's. Chambers has brushed 1000 yards several times in his career, which is pretty darn good considering the running system he is in.

This argument is similar to the evaluation of a pitcher in baseball. If a guy as an ERA of say 2 or 3, but has a .500 winning percentage, is he a "mediocre" pitcher or does he get poor run support? That makes all the difference.

NorthFloridaFin said:

IM not taking anything away from Boldin and I agree CC needs to breakout this season. However, you can't DENY these FACTS:

1) The NFC WEST has weak secondaries and Defenses.
2) The Cards were behind most of the time and threw the ball MORE.
3) Miami was a running team that played it safe, Chambers HAD LESS OPPORTUNITIES.

These are all LEGIT factors that can't be argued. If CC played in the NFC WEST? He might very well have had over 1,000 yards already.

Having a headcoach who didn't know what he was doing hurt Chambers, but do not try to take anything away from Boldin. Not a lot of rookies can catch for that much.

I`ll bet Chambers lack of ever having achieved 1,000 yards probably bothers people on here more than it bothers Chambers. Who cares if Boldin got 1,400 yards in a poor defensive division, I`m mean 1,400 is a helluva lot of yards...doesn`t matter if it comes in 16 games versus Sister Marys School of the Blind, that`s a killer season. Stats don`t mean squat (unless you`re worried about Fantasy stats).

Justasportsfan said:
Having a headcoach who didn't know what he was doing hurt Chambers, but do not try to take anything away from Boldin. Not a lot of rookies can catch for that much.

Justa, IM not taking anything away from Bolding. Lets me explain it like this.

What's more impressive?

9 Catches for 86 yards and 2 TDS vs the Pats

or

11 Catches for 117 yards and 2 TDS vs the Niners? Or Rams?... Seahawks?

NJFinFury2004 said:
First and foremost, Boldin played in the NFC WEST. This divsion has the worst defenses in the league. Everyone throws on one another in this Division. The year that Boldin had 1400 yards, the Cards were always behind, so their QB had to throw the ball more, vs mediocore Defenses, right? Make sense?

Chambers was on a team that was a run first oriented team, vs some of the best defenses in the NFL. Pats are a 3 time superbowl champ, The Bills are always mentioned as a top 5 D and the JETS have a very good D themselves.

You can't ask "How come Boldin has 1,400 Yards" and Chambers can't attain that. Different situation completely!

Perfect case of situation being more important than the caliber of the player. Chambers is hands down the better player. They are also different an many respects, but Chambers ultimately is the better WR.

Remember that hit Kennoy put on him a couple years ago? Anybody have a video of that... it was NASTY!

NJFinFury2004 said:
Justa, IM not taking anything away from Bolding. Lets me explain it like this.

What's more impressive?

9 Catches for 86 yards and 2 TDS vs the Pats

or

11 Catches for 117 yards and 2 TDS vs the Niners? Or Rams?... Seahawks?

How about 8 receptions 120 yards and a TD against the Steelers... any given Sunday brah!

Saban4prez said:
I'm half and half on this topic. I believe chambers hasn't really been given the right opportunities to be a great receiver, but i also believe by now no matter what he should have achieved a 1000 yard season.

Chambers needs to play in all 16 games this year. Thats what i believe has plagued him. Remember he has gotten close before, just didn't quite get there.

How in the hell can a receiver gain 1,000 yards receiving when they have Jay Fiedler throwing them the ball? There is a reason that Miami has had ZERO receivers gain 1,000+ yards receiving since the 2000 season. That reason is Jay Fiedler.

OSKIE said:
How about 8 receptions 120 yards and a TD against the Steelers... any given Sunday brah!

Chambers faces Pats, Bills and Jets twice a season, while Boldin faces the Niners, Rams and Seahawks twice a season. Couple that with the Cards playing from behind and throwing the ball more, it makes perfect senes that Boldin has more yards.

Actually there aren't too many WR in the whole AFC EAST who have a 1,000 yards and nobody atr 1,400.

NorthFloridaFin said:

I know he was hurt, but Boldin only had like 1 TD last year. With Fitz on that team, I think he's gonna be a possesion type guy and have a tough time repeating his rookie numbers. He was an absolute stud that first year though. CHambers has yet to play at that level.

I do think CHambers is better in the redzone though. He is more athletic and makes ridiculous catches on poorly thrown balls. I think CHris will get his 1000 this year. He's been consistently good under really detrimental circumstances (Wanny ball, subpar #2 and 3 WR's, poor QB, poor line) I look for him to step it up a notch. If not, I'll admit I was wrong, but I won't give up hope!

Back
Top Bottom