Boldin VS Chambers answer why Boldin had 1400 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin VS Chambers answer why Boldin had 1400

Chambers is a good player nothing more.. have been hearing about his breakout season since 3 years ago... still hasnt come.If i had my choice between the two it would be boldin .. he did ALOT more in his first year than chambers..and if I am not mistaken he didnt have any steller qbs to work with.Also someone please please back up this "weak defense" thing .. i need to see numbers that would prove what most are saying here..and i am sorry but playing in a tough division is not a reason .. Damn its the nfl every team is tough,perhaps the reason the nfc west throws more is because they have more good recievers than running backs? Either way Chambers has not shown he is a better reciever than Boldin.. he may have more potential .. but up till now boldin has shown the talent and chambers has been at the least inconsistant...Boldin has been able to do what chambers couldnt .. when the qb throws the ball in the air it then becomes up to the WR to catch it,and boldin has shown the ability to make good cathes on bad throws as he also protects agianst the interception, I believe that chambers lacks in this area of owning the ball while it is in the air.This is what makes the difference between the good (chambers) and the great(boldin).

Chambers is the one the most dynamic playmaking WR's in the NFL. Leaping, speed and tightrope catches on the sideline and the back of the endzone. If this guy had a real offensive line and QB he would be talked about as a top 10 Wr for sure. He is underrated IMO not overrated.

KB21 said:
How in the hell can a receiver gain 1,000 yards receiving when they have Jay Fiedler throwing them the ball? There is a reason that Miami has had ZERO receivers gain 1,000+ yards receiving since the 2000 season. That reason is Jay Fiedler.

Fiedler is a better QB than you guys give him credit for... the main problem has been the OL. You guys have been geared toward running the ball and can plow just fine, pass protection is an unknown concpet in Miami though!

All wait until after this year because I believe were going to be throwing the ball more this year so if Chambers can't reach a thousand yards not including injuries then I would be greatly disappointed.

badfoot said:
Chambers is a good player nothing more.. have been hearing about his breakout season since 3 years ago... still hasnt come.If i had my choice between the two it would be boldin .. he did ALOT more in his first year than chambers..and if I am not mistaken he didnt have any steller qbs to work with.Also someone please please back up this "weak defense" thing .. i need to see numbers that would prove what most are saying here..and i am sorry but playing in a tough division is not a reason .. Damn its the nfl every team is tough,perhaps the reason the nfc west throws more is because they have more good recievers than running backs? Either way Chambers has not shown he is a better reciever than Boldin.. he may have more potential .. but up till now boldin has shown the talent and chambers has been at the least inconsistant...Boldin has been able to do what chambers couldnt .. when the qb throws the ball in the air it then becomes up to the WR to catch it,and boldin has shown the ability to make good cathes on bad throws as he also protects agianst the interception, I believe that chambers lacks in this area of owning the ball while it is in the air.This is what makes the difference between the good (chambers) and the great(boldin).

I won't argue that CC hasn't shown all he is capable of, and there are other factors that affect his ability to showcase his talent that Boldin hasn't had to deal with, however, I think that if you classify Boldin as a 'great' reciever, you are stretching the truth somewhat...he is a good reciever at best. CC is a good reciever at best and Boldin may be slightly ahead of him..but great is not a word associated with either WR at this time..

6 catches 95 yards- against the Ravens
8 catches 118 yards- against Pittsburgh
7 catches for 73 yards- against carolina

I wouldn't necissarily say that Seattle has a weak secondary in which both games he went

8 catches for 62 yards
10 catches for 122

Your argument that they were always behind and lack of running game is mute simply for 2 reasons.

1) That would make it harder because if this is true then Boldin being the only talent on that team would have been double teamed all the time. They would have made sure he was taken out of the game. YET he still made the plays. Despite the fact that they had a worse QB at the time then we had in Fiedler IMO.

2) If you are also gonna use the excuse of always throwing, then by your logic, Marino was just an OK QB. The reason, well he was always throwing so of course he would have gotten his stats.

Boldin is a very good WR.
Chambers is a good WR.

Either, I would like to have on my team.

Stop making excuses for Chambers. I am tired of hearing them.

Hines Ward had a rookie QB and a pass first team but yet still managed a 1000 yard season.
Marty Booker was on a running team but still managed 1000 yards with the likes of Kordell Stewart and Jim Miller
Steve Smith had the same problem with a running game first. Though he did have a solid QB.

Face it, this whole argument is subjective and relative.

Until he performs however, you can't rate him better then other. While others are producing he is still waiting to have his breakout season.

Besides history shows a strong running game helps a passing one. So to say a run first team is hurting him is a little naive.

OSKIE said:
Fiedler is a better QB than you guys give him credit for... the main problem has been the OL. You guys have been geared toward running the ball and can plow just fine, pass protection is an unknown concpet in Miami though!

We had good play from the line when Rickey had 1800 yards and the season before when we ran all over over the colts in week 1 of the playoffs. Fiedler was the weak link on those teams and a main reason for our failures. Jay played with heart and did some good things, but for what he was being asked to do, he really didn't give us a whole lot. Jay turned the ball over a lot for a guy who was supposed to make good decisons and manage a game well. Particularly against good teams and in close games. Plus, he was never able to capitalize on the big paly opportunities we had when open WR's would be streaking down the field.

SF Dolfan said:
We had good play from the line when Rickey had 1800 yards and the season before when we ran all over over the colts in week 1 of the playoffs. Fiedler was the weak link on those teams and a main reason for our failures. Jay played with heart and did some good things, but for what he was being asked to do, he really didn't give us a whole lot. Jay turned the ball over a lot for a guy who was supposed to make good decisons and manage a game well. Particularly against good teams and in close games. Plus, he was never able to capitalize on the big paly opportunities we had when open WR's would be streaking down the field.

So what part of good run blocking and poor pass blocking didn't you understand? :shakeno:

GRYPHONK said:
Your argument that they were always behind and lack of running game is *mute* simply for 2 reasons.

Seriously, I'm not down with spelling smack or anything like that... I'm just trying to help a brother out... it's Moot not Mute. The point is moot meaning it IS arguable.

Boldin is a hell of an athlete. Ahead, behind, weak or strong defense.....it's hard to argue with a guy putting up 10 recs..217 yards..2 TDs in his first NFL game. That is just sick. But standing out early is nothing new for Boldin.

Back at Pahokee (HS), I saw him starting at QB for the varsity at age 14. He was Michael Vick unbelievable. In the open field, he was a monster.

One might point to his lower YPC (career 12.7). But that just means that getting the ball in his hands is the #1 priority on the majority of passing plays. Witness Marvin Harrison's 13.2 ypc career average. Harrison has only broken 14.0 once in his career.

Chambers is one of my favorite players. I think he's one of the league's better receivers. And I think this offense was made for him. But I can't say he is better than Boldin at this point. I don't know that we've seen the best of either guy yet.

What about the McMichael factor? Unless I'm mistaken, the Cards haven't had a TE as talented as McMichael. Randy has had alot of balls thrown his way, as well. It's unfair (at this point) to compare Boldin's #s to Chamber's #s. Different offensive philosophies, difference in team mate's talent.

Anquan Boldin missed like 6 games last year and still put up like 800 yards. That was with Larry Fitzgerald on the field at the same time. Up until last year Chris Chambers was the #1 option for 3 years and could not produce the way Boldin did in his rookie year.

Until Chambers gets 100 catches (Boldin did it his rookie season) Boldin is better. Period. CHambers has great potential. Great leaping ability like everyone says. But until he puts up the numbers than Boldin is better.

NorthFloridaFin said:
Boldin had 1,400 yards because he is a hell of a receiver. Anytime you get 1,400 yards you are doing something, much less being a rookie. Chris Chambers has yet to reach this status simply because Anquan Boldin is a better receiver. And I'm sure someone is going to argue this!!!

People will argue it, because it is a cursory analysis of their situations. For example, Paul Warfield established himself as the best WR in the NFL when he played for Cleveland (not the Dolphins). He did not put up sensational numbers with the Dolphins, because they were a physical, run first offense. Warfield was reduced to a role player. His role was to set up the defense for the occassional big play.
If he had played his entire career in that offense he may not have had the numbers to get in the HOF.
BTW, I'm not suggesting that Boldin or Chambers are in that class. I use the example simply to illustrate the point.
I counted at least 5-6 passes last season, in which Chambers was wide open for big plays and he was either overthrown or underthrown. If he had caught 3 of them, he would have surpassed 1000 yds.

Back
Top Bottom