Boldin VS Chambers answer why Boldin had 1400 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boldin VS Chambers answer why Boldin had 1400

I still think that Boldin is better once the ball is thrown and in the air ...when it comes to making a catch and ESPECIALLY at not letting the defender get the interception,I think this is what seperates the good from the great.I have a feeling that chambers could be as good as Boldin but as of right now Boldin is better.That is NOT to say i am not very happy to have a top ten talent like chambers on this team ...he is becoming a true professional that doesnt talk alot of smack ... although I would like to see a little more fire from CC,it doesnt take away from the job hes done or will do for this team.I just really have a hard time with people saying that Boldin had an advantage because his devision is weaker defensively and that they were behind in alot of games and had to throw! That does not make it EASIER to THROW! we have been through this and we all know that when a team is behind .. the other team has the advantage because they know your gonna have to wing it around to win.That was why i always said that Marino was the best.He HAD to throw alot and teams knew it was coming .. didnt matter.Regardless of the talent on a team (and i seriuosly doubt that arizona has had more talent on their team than ours) your skill players have to be dominating.And so far Boldin has shown he can be,while chris has shown flashes of what he COULD be.

good post. Stats don't mean everything. When you watch Chris play you can tell how gifted he is. Just because Brandon Stokely's stats are thru the roof it doesnt mean he's better than Chris, it's all about the situation your in. Chris has been in one of the worst situations possible but he's made the best of it. You could say he's made a name for himself catching bad passes. I really hope he can get the kind of attention he deserves b4 its too late.

Comparing these two guys is just ridiculous. They DON'T have similar offenses. They HAVEN'T had the same opportunity. Chambers averages just over 58 catches per year. Name another WR who got 1,000 yards on 58 catches. If you want a comparison, how about this. Mushin Muhammad. Granted, Chambers averages about a yard and a half more per catch, but if you look at Muhammad's career it's all been about opportunity. All of the years he was getting 50-70 catches he was getting like 600-950 yards. The three years he got over 90 catches, he was well above 1,000 yards. Personally, I think Chambers is more talented than Muhammad, Boldin, and many others. Given the opportunity (catches) he'd easily be in the top 3-4 in the NFL. Simple math. Career average of 14.9 yds/rec. 7tds/year. 100 catches = 1490 yards and 12 td's.

KB21 said:
How in the hell can a receiver gain 1,000 yards receiving when they have Jay Fiedler throwing them the ball? There is a reason that Miami has had ZERO receivers gain 1,000+ yards receiving since the 2000 season. That reason is Jay Fiedler.

and Lucas and Griese and Feeley.

Boldin's rookie year, Bryant Johnson was hurt and the other recievers were horrible. If Blake wasn't handing off to Shipp he was throwing to Boldin. The last couple years if we weren't handing off to Ricky we were punting.

Boldin has been in an offense that mixes it up while CC has spent his entire career in Wanny's "run,run, run some more, punt" offense.

Muck said:
Boldin is a hell of an athlete. Ahead, behind, weak or strong defense.....it's hard to argue with a guy putting up 10 recs..217 yards..2 TDs in his first NFL game. That is just sick. But standing out early is nothing new for Boldin.

Back at Pahokee (HS), I saw him starting at QB for the varsity at age 14. He was Michael Vick unbelievable. In the open field, he was a monster.

One might point to his lower YPC (career 12.7). But that just means that getting the ball in his hands is the #1 priority on the majority of passing plays. Witness Marvin Harrison's 13.2 ypc career average. Harrison has only broken 14.0 once in his career.

Chambers is one of my favorite players. I think he's one of the league's better receivers. And I think this offense was made for him. But I can't say he is better than Boldin at this point. I don't know that we've seen the best of either guy yet.

Muck Ive been accused of being a Chambers apologist and IM not. IM simply saying, I don't think you can compare them, because of the different situations they are in.

IM not taking anything away from Boldin, but its nicer to see the Niners, Rams and Seahawks D twice a year than it is the Jets, Bills and Pats.. IMO

Dolfan984 said:
and Lucas and Griese and Feeley.

Oh don't give me that excuse.............Marty Booker put up 1,000 seasons in Chicago and they've had an even worse QB carousel going, not to mention a downright terrible offensive philosophy.

GRYPHONK said:
6 catches 95 yards- against the Ravens
8 catches 118 yards- against Pittsburgh
7 catches for 73 yards- against carolina

I wouldn't necissarily say that Seattle has a weak secondary in which both games he went

8 catches for 62 yards
10 catches for 122

Your argument that they were always behind and lack of running game is mute simply for 2 reasons.

1) That would make it harder because if this is true then Boldin being the only talent on that team would have been double teamed all the time. They would have made sure he was taken out of the game. YET he still made the plays. Despite the fact that they had a worse QB at the time then we had in Fiedler IMO.

2) If you are also gonna use the excuse of always throwing, then by your logic, Marino was just an OK QB. The reason, well he was always throwing so of course he would have gotten his stats.

Boldin is a very good WR.
Chambers is a good WR.

Either, I would like to have on my team.

Stop making excuses for Chambers. I am tired of hearing them.

Hines Ward had a rookie QB and a pass first team but yet still managed a 1000 yard season.
Marty Booker was on a running team but still managed 1000 yards with the likes of Kordell Stewart and Jim Miller
Steve Smith had the same problem with a running game first. Though he did have a solid QB.

Face it, this whole argument is subjective and relative.

Until he performs however, you can't rate him better then other. While others are producing he is still waiting to have his breakout season.

Besides history shows a strong running game helps a passing one. So to say a run first team is hurting him is a little naive.

Where does it say Chambers is better than Boldin? And if you are a WR in the NFL , what group would you rather see twice a year
Niners, Rams and Sehawks or Jets, Pats and Bill? That's a no brainer and I DON'T care what you say, that makes a difference.

I never once say the cards don't have a running game, that is NEVER SAID in my post. What I do mention is they are playing from behind more, so they are throwing the ball more.

It makes a difference to prove only this, they are in different siruations. My post was started from another one called " Chambers is overrated"

chambers has never had a QB that can consistantly complete anything more than a 5 yd quick out........and even then Chambers would have to stop, dive, or jump to catch the ball, eliminating any chance for YAC.

Give CC a decent QB (still don't have one IMO) and an OC that knows what he's doing (finally have one) and he will easily break 1000 yds.

OSKIE said:
So what part of good run blocking and poor pass blocking didn't you understand? :shakeno:

:goof: Give me a freakin break, we pass protected those seasons too. In fact, we pass protected better than we run blocked. RUddy and Dixon and Wade were all far better pass protectors than they were dominate the line of scrimmage run blockers. I don't see how you could disagree with that, unless you didn't watch the games. They were finesse players, even big todd wade. LAst year was the first season that our pass protection was really subpar. Granted, last year it was absolutely putrid. But Jay couldn't get the ball downfield, period. If he could, he would still be our QB, because his mobility and intangibles are better than the guys we have now.

Its arguments like this that make me question why I spend so much time here in front of the computer.

SF Dolfan said:
:goof: Give me a freakin break, we pass protected those seasons too. In fact, we pass protected better than we run blocked. RUddy and Dixon and Wade were all far better pass protectors than they were dominate the line of scrimmage run blockers. I don't see how you could disagree with that, unless you didn't watch the games. They were finesse players, even big todd wade. LAst year was the first season that our pass protection was really subpar. Granted, last year it was absolutely putrid. But Jay couldn't get the ball downfield, period. If he could, he would still be our QB, because his mobility and intangibles are better than the guys we have now.

Its arguments like this that make me question why I spend so much time here in front of the computer.

Its arguments like this that make me question why I spend so much time here in front of the computer

LOL Dude!! Another thing that bother me. Some people don't think facing the Jets, Pats and Bill twice per season is more difficult than playing the Rams, Niners and Seahawks!

That MATTERS!!!!!!

NJFinFury2004 said:
Its arguments like this that make me question why I spend so much time here in front of the computer

LOL Dude!! Another thing that bother me. Some people don't think facing the Jets, Pats and Bill twice per season is more difficult than playing the Rams, Niners and Seahawks!

That MATTERS!!!!!!

:rofl3: Finally, someone who understands! You made my day. And yes, it is far easier to face the D's in the NFC West. I mean, it's the NFC West, right?

But this really shouldn't suprise anyone. I mean, George Bush was elected president of this country TWICE! As a whole, we're not the brightest group of people.

(BTW, sorry for bringing up politics, just wanted to p*ss somebody off before i checked out for the day. Go Phins!!!)

NJFinFury2004 said:
Where does it say Chambers is better than Boldin? And if you are a WR in the NFL , what group would you rather see twice a year
Niners, Rams and Sehawks or Jets, Pats and Bill? That's a no brainer and I DON'T care what you say, that makes a difference.

I never once say the cards don't have a running game, that is NEVER SAID in my post. What I do mention is they are playing from behind more, so they are throwing the ball more.

It makes a difference to prove only this, they are in different siruations. My post was started from another one called " Chambers is overrated"

But that's the point.........he's IS overrated. Until he's put up his first 1,000 seasons that's just going to be the way it is. But what's 1,000 yards anyways? A little over 60 yards per .............. I mean c'mon.

yankeehillbilly said:
chambers has never had a QB that can consistantly complete anything more than a 5 yd quick out........and even then Chambers would have to stop, dive, or jump to catch the ball, eliminating any chance for YAC.

Give CC a decent QB (still don't have one IMO) and an OC that knows what he's doing (finally have one) and he will easily break 1000 yds.

Again, if Marty Booker could put up over 1,000 yards in Chi-town, Chambers should've been able to do it already in Miami.

enigmatics said:
But that's the point.........he's IS overrated. Until he's put up his first 1,000 seasons that's just going to be the way it is. But what's 1,000 yards anyways? A little over 60 yards per .............. I mean c'mon.

I don't think he is overrated or underrated, I think Chris is rated right where he should be. Do I think he needs to own his part of the field? YES. Do I think he displays some of the best talent in the NFL? Making some absolutely incredible catches, that most in the league can't make, because of his speed, vertical and power? YES

The last game I was at sadly was the Texans game back in 2003, but I can tell you this, When you are there at the game? You can see just how good this guy is, that is something I can't get from Direct TV, although I thank GOD for it every Sunday.

Answer this question and answer it fairly ok?

I want an answer from you here, not another question or statement.

If you are a WR in the NFL, What group of teams would you rather see twice a year?

Niners, Rams and Seahawks 0R Jets, Pats and Bills

I want your honest answer here.

Back
Top Bottom