Booker could be used in Trent Green trade | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker could be used in Trent Green trade

i'd rather not give more fuel to the horribly annoying "our defense is so old" argument by picking up surtain. much rather draft leon hall or a decent CB in the 2nd or 3rd round. besides, i'm still on the "i hope jason allen picks it up this year" bandwagon :D

Did not say we were, thats supposedly what they wanted. I say No to Trent Green at any price, If they cut him then maybe we talk for 2 million.

Yeah the Welker compensation thing was laughable. King Carl was alittle jealous we got over in that deal.

I want to wait till he is released too.

I think it will end up being a 6th round.

I could live with that.

I doubt it.

We would probably have to put in a second rounder (or both, or even more) for that to work. I mean afterall Booker isn't as good as Surtain IMO and there are reports that they want a 2nd and 7th for just Green.

Btw are they actually looking to trade Surtain? Because I have seen his name floated around a lot.

yeah they are

The main reason we'd be trading Booker is his salary. So, no way would we be trading him to take on Surtain's salary, who counts $9.3M against the cap this year.

The main reason we'd be trading Booker is his salary. So, no way would we be trading him to take on Surtain's salary, who counts $9.3M against the cap this year.

Didnt even think of this...So forget my last post...

I just continue to pray we don't give up anything for a 37 year old Qb coming off a worse season than Culpepper.

Well taking into consideration McNair was traded for a 5th last year and he is only 34 and a better QB it better be nothing more than a 6th...Ultimately I hope we wait for him to be released and then KC gets nothing and Peterson's ego gets crushed along with his job for mismanaging the situation...

if they do that our FO decision will be all f...g decision this offseason (get ride of randy mac, and not pursuit of carr).

My only hope now is draft quinn.....but I think it's impossible and we will have the same old song issue at QB and OL.

I think most of Greens value is to manage the offense while mentoring a rookie. His value is probably as much off the field as on. If Booker will be cut anyway then why not?
Daunte Culpepper may be released, I think we could get something for Booker rather than just release him, hence why we've put him on the trading block. We could get something decent for Booker while Kansas City can't get anything for Trent Green. Giving up more than a 6th or 7th round pick for a sooner to be 37 year old Trent Green would be a horrible move by our Front Office. I hope we don't release Daunte but we probably will. I hope we don't trade or release Ricky, and I hope we don't just flat out release Booker or trade him (AND A DRAFT PICK, how ridiculous is that? Booker AND a second day draft pick for Trent Green) to Kansas City.

Personally, I am a very big fan of Trent Green and think he'd be a great mentor and possible one or two year starter for this team. However, I am a realist and understand that bringing a soon to be 37 year old QB, correction, TRADING for a soon to be 37 year old quarterback wouldn't be a good move for our team. Kansas may just flat out release him anyway due to his heavy contract figures and it looks like they are going to go with Croyle or Huard anyway. I would love to see Trent Green playing for Miami for a reasonable contract without giving up more than a 6th or 7th round pick. I would also love to see Ricky and Daunte stay too but I don't think all (if any) of those things are going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom