Booker One of the Studs? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker One of the Studs?

Shouright

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Scott Linehan did his "FTS" ("Feed the Studs") thing in preparation for the Raiders game, but what I'm wondering is, was Marty Booker identified as one of the studs?

As bad as Booker felt about being traded from Chicago, and as well as he did during his two best years in the league, I'm wondering how he would've felt being left out of the "studs" group? Does he deserve to be considered one of the studs on offense?

shouright said:
Scott Linehan did his "FTS" ("Feed the Studs") thing in preparation for the Raiders game, but what I'm wondering is, was Marty Booker identified as one of the studs?

As bad as Booker felt about being traded from Chicago, and as well as he did during his two best years in the league, I'm wondering how he would've felt being left out of the "studs" group? Does he deserve to be considered one of the studs on offense?

To quote David Spade in the Capital One commercials

The answer is NO!!

I wouldn't call him a stud on most teams but on this team..yea.

he is a really good #3 WR in this league but on our team he's a solid #2 WR

I don't know what to think of Booker. His history with Chicago suggests he has some ability, but he really hasn't shown anything special on the field since becoming a phin. I wonder...

if he misses Chicago? if he's just not a good fit with the phins? if Chicago would take him back for a 4th-6th RD pick? Obviously, we would be getting the raw deal in such a scenario given the original trade, but it's a rational one given the circumstances.

Consequently, I'd love to see us get another starting quality WR "somehow" who is somewhat like Chambers; able to run both speed and possession routes. Taller would be nicer too. He and Chris would be interchangeable (1A and 1B), with Welker, Gilmore and some speedy, diamond in the rough rounding out the rotation.

Some of your really under-rate his talents. He would be a more than adequet number 2 WR and I think has played well for us. I'm more dissapointed in what I have seen of Chambers than Booker.

I agree with some of you saying that on most teams he is a #3. On this team he is definately one of the "studs", or should be. Not saying he's great, but I'm just saying he has done enough to say he should get the ball.

DorsalPhin said:
I don't know what to think of Booker. His history with Chicago suggests he has some ability, but he really hasn't shown anything special on the field since becoming a phin. I wonder...

if he misses Chicago? if he's just not a good fit with the phins? if Chicago would take him back for a 4th-6th RD pick? Obviously, we would be getting the raw deal in such a scenario given the original trade, but it's a rational one given the circumstances.

Consequently, I'd love to see us get another starting quality WR "somehow" who is somewhat like Chambers; able to run both speed and possession routes. Taller would be nicer too. He and Chris would be interchangeable (1A and 1B), with Welker, Gilmore and some speedy, diamond in the rough rounding out the rotation.

he gets a pass for last year, imo. i just dont think he's a good fit for the offense.

Only if we can get points for dropping balls!

I haven't seen Booker drop many passes. My opinion is that he isn't an all-pro player but he is a solid #2 or an excellent #3. He has made some great catches this year and always seems to get open when we most need it. I don't know how you can really question him at this point. Im not sure if Linehan considered him one of the studs, but I also don't think Linehan sat in the locker room meeting and singled out three or four players as "studs". I think he was basically saying we will get the ball to those who perform...and if booker performs he will get the ball. Its pretty simple actually.

I don't think you can write off Booker because of the lack of offense. I think with a better QB he would have better numbers. I've seen him open a few times and the QB just doesn't see him or throws a crappy pass. And most of those were for TD's.

On the other hand what about Brian Gilmore? Fast and can get YAC. We may be over looking this guy.

And to the studs comment wasn't Booker injured for the Raiders game? How can you feed an injured stud?

saves said:
Some of your really under-rate his talents. He would be a more than adequet number 2 WR and I think has played well for us. I'm more dissapointed in what I have seen of Chambers than Booker.

Totally agree.

If booker is out of this game, watch how our passing attack suffers.

Back
Top Bottom