Booker One of the Studs? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker One of the Studs?

I actually agree with the positive comments on Marty and should change my tune a bit. Booker does have ability, but I would not call him one of our "studs" to answer the original question, which in turn begs a question about his cap #. But, better QB play (in concert with even better pass pro) and he most likely would put up better #'s. There's also still the question of him being a good fit with the phins. Maybe yes, maybe no. But, Chris is the stud WR who's also suffering from a deficiency at QB (and apparently a jacked-up thumb).

I thought Booker was having a better year than Chambers in terms of consistency...

Relative to...:evil:

Finfanforever said:
Only if we can get points for dropping balls!

No, NOT Chambers -- Booker.

You know, the guy some people seem to have an irrational hatred for even though he has backed up talent with 1000 yard seasons and a Pro Bowl appearance.

The sooner Booker becomes the #1 on this team, the sooner the passing game will be right. Every QB on the team needs to look at Booker first in the passing game. Chambers is a very good #2 if he can get over the dropsies, but he isn't a #1 sort of receiver.

I like Booker but I am happy he is sitting out. I believe that Bryan Gilmore is by far the most underated player on our team. He is the fastest player and he has some great hands.

Jimmy James said:
The sooner Booker becomes the #1 on this team, the sooner the passing game will be right. Every QB on the team needs to look at Booker first in the passing game.

i like this. feed booker. the guy will draw attention. and he will still make plays.

shouright said:
Scott Linehan did his "FTS" ("Feed the Studs") thing in preparation for the Raiders game, but what I'm wondering is, was Marty Booker identified as one of the studs?

As bad as Booker felt about being traded from Chicago, and as well as he did during his two best years in the league, I'm wondering how he would've felt being left out of the "studs" group? Does he deserve to be considered one of the studs on offense?

Booker has 407 yrds at an average of 17, which isn't really acceptable at this level for a starter, but when you consider we have the lowest percentage of passes completed, and are so called #1 Wr has less than 600 yards at an average of 13 then it dont look so bad. Granted it aint where we wanna be but in context with the rest of the team he about par. I am pretty disappointed with the whole passing game in fact, and think everyone should be putting up good numbers. The two things this year that should have made our passing game difficult were the O Lines performance and the lack of productivity from the rushing game. We all know that isn't the case, so why are we under performing? I think it has more to do with new complex playcalling, and the playcalling itself. I understand it is a new regime, but when I call pass they always seem to run and vice versa :lol:

Finfanforever said:
Only if we can get points for dropping balls!

Huh? Since when has Booker been dropping balls? Sometimes I think that some of these posters don't even watch the games. Booker is slow and not so big. "That" is the knock on him as our possession receiver, not his hands! He has better hands than Chambers. It is Chambers who has shown the butter fingers. Although, I would keep Chambers over Booker. Chambers has more big play ability than Booker does. But seriously, have you even watched any games this year?

1stDownRBrown said:
I wouldn't call him a stud on most teams but on this team..yea.

He was a stud for the Bears and he was a stud in the NFC for 2 years (pro bowler). So yes, he would be a stud on most teams.
If you recall, the Bears offerred up David Terrell in the Ogun trade. Spielman declined and asked for Booker because he was the more polished player.

Divine said:
Huh? Since when has Booker been dropping balls? Sometimes I think that some of these posters don't even watch the games. Booker is slow and not so big. "That" is the knock on him as our possession receiver, not his hands! He has better hands than Chambers. It is Chambers who has shown the butter fingers. Although, I would keep Chambers over Booker. Chambers has more big play ability than Booker does. But seriously, have you even watched any games this year?

Booker is slow...Booker is slow.

What's the deal with this complaint?

Booker is just fine, as his 17 ypg illustrates. He doesn't *look* fast, but he can burn folks on the long TD.

jlfin said:
He was a stud for the Bears and he was a stud in the NFC for 2 years (pro bowler). So yes, he would be a stud on most teams.
If you recall, the Bears offerred up David Terrell in the Ogun trade. Spielman declined and asked for Booker because he was the more polished player.

You're being really kind to DT -- he didn't accept DT because he's total garbage. It's really sad how big a waste he turned out to be.

Jimmy James said:
No, NOT Chambers -- Booker.

You know, the guy some people seem to have an irrational hatred for even though he has backed up talent with 1000 yard seasons and a Pro Bowl appearance.

The sooner Booker becomes the #1 on this team, the sooner the passing game will be right. Every QB on the team needs to look at Booker first in the passing game. Chambers is a very good #2 if he can get over the dropsies, but he isn't a #1 sort of receiver.

LOL!!! Yo, what are you talking about? The difference between the #1 and #2 is "NOTHING". They both start opposite each other. What would make you #1 over #2 is "PRODUCTION" and maybe attention. In case you didn't know in football there are 2 starting WRs...and Booker is one of them. He is not #1 because of his production, ok.

Divine said:
LOL!!! Yo, what are you talking about? The difference between the #1 and #2 is "NOTHING". They both start opposite each other. What would make you #1 over #2 is "PRODUCTION" and maybe attention. In case you didn't know in football there are 2 starting WRs...and Booker is one of them. He is not #1 because of his production, ok.

You're really quite naive if you don't think attention is important. Booker clearly does not get the attention in this offense, and that is what I submit the biggest difference from Chicago to Miami is.

where has booker been the last two games anyway? last game i didn't see him at all, and at cleveland he had 3 drops with zero catches.

i used to defend booker, but its hard to defend a guy that isn't getting catches or looks... there has to be a reason for that. Frerotte doesn't "not" throw to Booker for no reason.

I don't like the "bad QB" excuse either... Booker put up those probowl #'s with some pretty lousy QBs in Chicago...

texasPHINSfan said:
where has booker been the last two games? last game i didn't see him at all, and at cleveland he had 3 drops with zero catches.

He was injured early on in last week's game.

Hey come on guys they are both good. Yes they both start, but one is a possession WR and the other the Speedster or the gambler as I like to call it. It is interesting though that the posession guy has the best average, not that this is probably uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom