Booker | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker

IMO hes a professional athlete. Athletes get hurt.. sometimes they get traded. Thats the nature of the business. No-one likes to hear about someones misery... But really.. I dont like my job either.. but im not crying about it.
Booker.. you've been gifted with the PRIVILEDGE of being a professional athlete. be PROFESSIONAL.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
what is wrong with crying if you are sad?
Absolutly nothing if your a Network Administrator like myself. But He's a football player one of the toughest breed of people in the world. He's not allowed to cry. Just like they are not allowed to be gay. It not in their corporate culture. How do you think opposing players are going to react to the little tibit of information? I'm sure they will be doing thier best to make him cry.

Now if someone dies then of course crying happens. But just because you got traded to another team and city? Give me a break. If this is true, then the guy's an emotional time bomb and they should keep an eye on him

Canadianfishfan said:
IMO hes a professional athlete. Athletes get hurt.. sometimes they get traded. Thats the nature of the business. No-one likes to hear about someones misery... But really.. I dont like my job either.. but im not crying about it.
Booker.. you've been gifted with the PRIVILEDGE of being a professional athlete. be PROFESSIONAL.

What part of crying in your own home because you miss your family not professional?

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
What part of crying in your own home because you miss your family not professional?
Telling people besides your close personal friends about it

jjizzim said:
Telling people besides your close personal friends about it
EXACTLY.. Your missing my point... I think its perfectly natural to miss his family....
But he has to be a Professional. Thats what he gets paid huge amounts to do.
I also think its none of our business to interfere in his personal life...And thats just my opinion.. thats all

Jeez people it's not like he's standing on the field weeping his eyes out while holding a box of tissues. Do you see him get up after a big hit and start crying about it, telling the defender "Ouch..why'd you have to hit me so hard? It hurt! *sniffle sniffle*"?? No right?..then why the hell do people care what he does at home by himself? Some of this machismo crap is rediculous. There are players who do things that are much worse than shedding tears (drugs, hookers, the occasional murder). As long as he comes to play and doesn't bring it onto the field then I can't see what the problem is.

Muck said:
You guys criticizing Booker ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

This guy loves Chicago, signs a long-term deal, sets up a home and a life, gets voted team captain, has a baby daughter (in the same week), then gets traded to Miami out of the blue that same week.

And after he got traded, he didn't see his wife and daughter until seven weeks later, when Wanny gave him an extra day off to fly up and see his family. Do you have any idea what that's like or what that family is going thru.

Sometimes you have to walk in a man's shoes before judging him.

Who are you to tell those with a different opinion than yours that we should be ashamed of ourselves? You talk about not judging others, and then do exactly that. Save the hypocritical rhetoric.

I bet net year booker will want to be a dolphin afterhe moves his family down there.

Give the man some time, if you had your first new born and told you had to go away for 20 weeks you'd do it, but you'd miss your baby girl/boy growing up.

We're all human and we all have a life outside of what we do, remember football isn't his only life, like our jobs aren't our only life.

Booker has a better arm then fiedler. JF unerthrew booker, while booke hit chambers with an awesome pass.

jjizzim said:
Absolutly nothing if your a Network Administrator like myself. But He's a football player one of the toughest breed of people in the world. He's not allowed to cry. Just like they are not allowed to be gay. It not in their corporate culture. How do you think opposing players are going to react to the little tibit of information? I'm sure they will be doing thier best to make him cry.

Now if someone dies then of course crying happens. But just because you got traded to another team and city? Give me a break. If this is true, then the guy's an emotional time bomb and they should keep an eye on him
:up:

I think some of you got this post out of context. He isn't happy in miami... I understand he can miss his kids.. why doesn't he pay to get his kid and wife to come down. They have great doctors in Miami. If your unhappy about something try to find a workaround. What I don't like about his attitude is he is unhappy in Miami. You choose to be a professional athlete, you choose to be on the road most of the time during the season you have to live with the side effects of your job. Hell I travel 4 months a year on business and I miss my 2nd sons birth because of work but did I cry? No I knew its what I had to be done and I did it.

Also he isnt playing bad he is trying to show up and do something on the field. I just dont like his attitude.

Even if he does cry he's a professional athlete, so im not going to talk about him being weak.

Whaaaa! Whaaaa! Whaaaa! ...Someone pack this idiot with a box of diapers and ship his a$$ back to Chicago for our 3rd round pick!

I'm tired of hearing how much he misses Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom