Booker? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Booker?

none of our recievers are spared criticism. they have all been unproductive, but at least chambers strecthes the field with his speed, and regardless of how many balls he drops teams have to account for that, seems to me in this offense booker cant find a niche, ( like welker on 3rd down ) and isnt a good fit for what we are trying to do imo

claytonAndDuper said:
none of our recievers are spared criticism. they have all been unproductive, but at least chambers strecthes the field with his speed, and regardless of how many balls he drops teams have to account for that, seems to me in this offense booker cant find a niche, ( like welker on 3rd down ) and isnt a good fit for what we are trying to do imo

I would disagree with you to the extent that you credit Chambers with finding a role in this offense. Unfortunately for the team, it seems to me that only Welker and Gilmore have found their place. Yes, I'll include Randy in that. I know what those three (McMichael, Chambers, and Booker) can do, so I have to conclude that the problem is elsewhere.

Jimmy James said:
Fortunately for me, you cover both of them darn well. You're the only guy I think I have ever encountered online who is so down on a receiver capable of posting up 100 yard games.

I dont want a "capable" WR...I want a productive Wr..Capable is for 1st and second year players, were talking about a veteran who just doesnt have it anymore. Seriously Clayton and Duper hit it dead on, He's slow,drops too many balls, and gets no seperation.

Im done! You cant argue for 24 catches and 1 TD in 11 games...No point is valid! No excuse is valid..he has been bad! Sorry.

DBoston80 said:
If you wanna go on past stats then you HAVE to say Boston is better than both! I like to live in the now....

The now? What has Chambers done this season besides drop passes?

were going to have to adress wr this offseason, reggie waynes name has been tossed around quite a bit...chambers role is deep threat, he isnt living up to expectations by light years... but he has a role. i wouldnt be opposed to packaging book or chambers to move up in the draft or for say rivers (yes i know it was posted were not interested in him but for arguements sake!) or even picks, we def need to go in some different directions at reciever

Agent Mulder said:
The now? What has Chambers done this season besides drop passes?

Im not saying Chambers "isnt" dissapointing, Im sayin for a fact Booker is.

Since we're on this topic, I'd love to hear how the man with a 17.0 YPC average to the 12.8 YPC Chambers has is the slow one who isn't getting separation. Doesn't that boggle the mind? I remain convinced that one participant in this discussion was personally hurt by the fact that Booker liked being a Bear and that most of the other people who have a problem with Booker have that problem because he doesn't make fancy looking catches like Chambers does.

claytonAndDuper said:
were going to have to adress wr this offseason, reggie waynes name has been tossed around quite a bit...chambers role is deep threat, he isnt living up to expectations by light years... but he has a role. i wouldnt be opposed to packaging book or chambers to move up in the draft or for say rivers (yes i know it was posted were not interested in him but for arguements sake!) or even picks, we def need to go in some different directions at reciever

I agree keep Chambers as a #2 and try and get a legitemate #1..If booker wants to be a "non-slot" backup Wr fine.if not no big loss.

claytonAndDuper said:

I again disagree. I think this team is set at WR. Improve the line to the point it is an above average run and pass blocking line and correct QB, and I really believe it will all fall into place.

ETA: I do believe that anybody selling Reggie Wayne as a #1 is pulling a con job on the scale of the one the Bills pulled on the Falcons with Peerless Price.

Jimmy James said:
Since we're on this topic, I'd love to hear how the man with a 17.0 YPC average to the 12.8 YPC Chambers has is the slow one who isn't getting separation. Doesn't that boggle the mind? I remain convinced that one participant in this discussion was personally hurt by the fact that Booker liked being a Bear and that most of the other people who have a problem with Booker have that problem because he doesn't make fancy looking catches like Chambers does.

Wow, keep fishing bro! Anyone who IS satisfied with Booker's year has a strange outlook on the NFL.

Can you honestly say your happy with Booker?? Wow.

Jimmy James said:

you cant question chambers ability to get down the field and create space, the tampa game he was bare *** the whole game and either dropped the ball or gus missed him, the story of the year, i dunno if ypc would be an accurate gauge for seperation, i dont know if there is one, but i can tell you booker doesnt get it and chambers does

DBoston80 said:
Wow, keep fishing bro! Anyone who IS satisfied with Booker's year has a strange outlook on the NFL.

Can you honestly say your happy with Booker?? Wow.

I can honestly say I'm as happy with Booker as I am with any other starter on this team who is supposed to catch balls. I'm far more pleased with him and the other receivers than I am with the QB.

i agree with reggie wayne to some extent, i do believe we need another capable wr opposite chambers, an injection of youth and speed. look no further than the game we in orlando had to watch at 4, arizona, with boldin and larry fitz, we need another reciever to take the heat off chambers and slide him into the number 2 role

Jimmy James said:
I can honestly say I'm as happy with Booker as I am with any other starter on this team who is supposed to catch balls. I'm far more pleased with him and the other receivers than I am with the QB.

Booker is below McMichael and Chambers no matter how you slice it, if you dont believe me,,check the stats.

The QB has been less than average, okay..but thats not a valid excuse for 24 catches.

Back
Top Bottom