Boomer - Cutler a Stretch @ 15? | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer - Cutler a Stretch @ 15?

Concerning Mr. Cutler...

SpeedRush99 said:
If he's there at 15 we take him, period.

Ditto!! What I have seen of him has been impressive. In games where he has had time to throw, he has been accurate and has a strong arm. In games where he has been rushed (which seems to predominate in Vanderbilt's seasons) he has tried for force some throws, but it seems it was more to make something happen rather than from bad decisions or panic taking over.. Vandy was in a lot of games because of Cutler this year, and if the Vandy line was moderately better, they would have been in a lot more.

RevRick said:
Ditto!! What I have seen of him has been impressive. In games where he has had time to throw, he has been accurate and has a strong arm. In games where he has been rushed (which seems to predominate in Vanderbilt's seasons) he has tried for force some throws, but it seems it was more to make something happen rather than from bad decisions or panic taking over.. Vandy was in a lot of games because of Cutler this year, and if the Vandy line was moderately better, they would have been in a lot more.

I'll tell ya what...I'd take him in a heartbeat!

RevRick said:

You got that right Rick, the kid is a player.

fishypete said:
Boomer...in these days....fans know as much about players as scouts and headcoaches do....there's very few secrets out there. It's not like it was 30 years ago....can players rise and fall...sure....but they are known...to start with.
As we write....Saban and Mueller know what players that already fit what they are looking for....they already have a list of 10 players in each position....they use the games and practices to fine tune that list, thats all. And thats what Saban said....they will meet with the scouts a couple times again...before the draft....but he and Mueller will make the last final decisions just before the draft.

10 players in each position?? Make that about 75 per position. Yes they know what they are looking for to a point, but they have no idea how free agency will play out. And there are plenty of secrets. There are plenty of players that coaches have been watching and scouts have been scouting that most fans have no idea about.

The Senior Bowl practices are the first opportunitites that coaches and scouts get the chance to see these kids up close. They get to talk to them for the first time, they get to check out their true size, their true weight, their mentality, they get to see them run routes, backpedal, work breaks, get leverage, run a pro offense, throw consistent out patterns across the field, run through the A gap, work through trash to the outside, break on the ball, chew them out in front of their peers, etc etc etc. Yes you can do that on tape, but tape is tape. Nothing beats live bullets.

Which is why nothing beats that week of practice.

Yes of course the games are obviously important, but anyone denegrating the power and importance of those practice sessions in Mobile understands little about how the draft process actually works.

Back
Top Bottom