Boomer - Cutler a Stretch @ 15? | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer - Cutler a Stretch @ 15?

fishypete said:
Boomer...in these days....fans know as much about players as scouts and headcoaches do....there's very few secrets out there. It's not like it was 30 years ago....can players rise and fall...sure....but they are known...to start with.
As we write....Saban and Mueller know what players that already fit what they are looking for....they already have a list of 10 players in each position....they use the games and practices to fine tune that list, thats all. And thats what Saban said....they will meet with the scouts a couple times again...before the draft....but he and Mueller will make the last final decisions just before the draft.

Yes they do...but a good week of practice and a good game CAN improve both stock AND draft position. If Cutler has both...he WILL go in the FIRST round. :yell:

Canadi-Phin said:
I'm no expert but I remember Gruden and Turner talking about how much they loved the practie part of the Senior Bowl. They got to put guys through their drills for an entire week and see how they come to practice everyday. The game has had some stars in it over the years. Not sure if the game helps or if the practice is the big part. All the coaches get to watch these guys under a microscope for a week instead of just one day at the combine or pro day, or the day they bring the player in to practice in front of them.

Exactly, and its no coincidence Gruden took Caddy after being impressed with him at those practices.

BlueFin said:
Here you go Pete.....read on down to the section on Chad Johnson:

http://espn.go.com/melkiper/s/2001/0122/1033538.html

Thanks Blue...I already have it in his book....you are missing the point....he already was a known receiver....he had a great day at the senior bowl...but he wasn't drafted just because of the senior bowl....he was drafted because he proved his play in college....22 yds a reception in his senior year...is hard to hide.

SpeedRush99 said:
Now your starting to smooth out your previous statment. Of course every Head Caoch and GM have a list going into the post season events, but what they see at the senior bowl practices and combine greatly affect that list. To say they are meaningless as you did is whats ridiculous.

Maybe fishypete should run for political office. He would make a great politician. :D

Finfanforever said:
Yes they do...but a good week of practice and a good game CAN improve both stock AND draft position. If Cutler has both...he WILL go in the FIRST round. :yell:

And that will be a mistake....that I'm sure Saban and Mueller won't make.

SpeedRush99 said:
Exactly, and its no coincidence Gruden took Caddy after being impressed with him at those practices.

I think having direct contact with a player...unlike all the other headcoaches that don't....would make a difference. Being able to coach up a player is vastly different than watching a player from the stands.

fishypete said:
Thanks Blue...I already have it in his book....you are missing the point....he already was a known receiver....he had a great day at the senior bowl...but he wasn't drafted just because of the senior bowl....he was drafted because he proved his play in college....22 yds a reception in his senior year...is hard to hide.

Pete, sometimes you just don't get it man, you are the one missing the point, did you happen to notice the part where Mel said Johnson improved his stock at teh Senior Bowl? Now how could he do that Pete if the NFL doesn't give a hoot about Senior Bowl week?

Pete, sometimes you need to learn when to just pack it in and admit your wrong, I've proved my point here.

BlueFin said:
Pete, sometimes you just don't get it man, you are the one missing the point, did you happen to notice the part where Mel said Johnson improved his stock at teh Senior Bowl? Now how could he do that Pete if the NFL doesn't give a hoot about Senior Bowl week?

Pete, sometimes you need to learn when to just pack it in and admit your wrong, I've proved my point here.

Gee Blue....what team does Kiper scout for? Coach for? I thought so.

fishypete said:

Matt Jones was a known quarterback as well Pete last year, but just when was it that he convinced an NFL team to pick him in the first round as a wideout?

Pete, nearly every player is a known player now, that is not the issue, the point is the Senior Bowl brings together the nations best seniors all on the same field for an entire week, it allows the NFL teams to see how they match up against other top prospects.

In the case of Chad Johnson, it allowed them to see him matchup with Fred Smoot in that week.

Say goodnight now Gracie!

Bluefin

fishypete said:
Gee Blue....what team does Kiper scout for? Coach for? I thought so.

He just can't do it. He just does NOT have the backbone or ba11s to admit he's WRONG! Pete, would you like me to do it for you? OK...you can do it... Start with "I...am...wro..." nevermind, your not trying again Pete...shame!:o

BlueFin said:
Matt Jones was a known quarterback as well Pete last year, but just when was it that he convinced an NFL team to pick him in the first round as a wideout?

Pete, nearly every player is a known player now, that is not the issue, the point is the Senior Bowl brings together the nations best seniors all on the same field for an entire week, it allows the NFL teams to see how they match up against other top prospects.

In the case of Chad Johnson, it allowed them to see him matchup with Fred Smoot in that week.

Say goodnight now Gracie!

Jones was a known lousy QB....thats why teams told him to switch to receiver. Do you think Saban would have used a first round pick on him? I don't.

Goodnight Gracie.:sidelol:

Finfanforever said:
He just can't do it. He just does NOT have the backbone or ba11s to admit he's WRONG! Pete, would you like me to do it for you? OK...you can do it... Start with "I...am...wro..." nevermind, your not trying again Pete...shame!:o

Just like Fonzi, he just can't say it.;)

Back
Top Bottom