Boomer takes cheap shot at Marino | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer takes cheap shot at Marino

PhinGeneral said:
Yup. JJ has actually stated he wanted to trade Marino when he got to Miami, but knew he would be villified. I'm not going to apologize for JJ, who didn't get the job done, but he was handicapped by a declining Marino, whether many fans want to believe it or not.

Jimmy had a problem with the fact that there was a deer in Miami with bigger horns than his. He was the same way with Shula and thats why he was such an ******* to Shula. JJ was all about ego.

Sorry but Dan Marino deserved to be our QB until somebody out played him. To say he didnt earn it is just stupid. He didnt throw 29 interceptions like Farve. He was still a great QB and until his injury that year played as well as anybody. You cant compare the two.

The fact is Boomer knows hes 2nd fiddle to Marino on that show. Everyone who watches that show knows who Marino is......Boomer is the guy people talk to until they find out its not Phill Simms.

jj couldn t have a good draft{ during marino years} if he opened a window in the middle of winter n jersey during his time with miami....also he took away Dan s best weapon at the end of his career...changing the play at the line scrimmage....avery into line on 1 st and second down....3 rd and long....Dan was toast.....thanks jj......

Is Boomer a Hall of Famer? If not he should stop trying to bash legends.

3rd and long said:
In writing about Brett Favre's potential season. Boomer Esiason takes another shot at Marino, do these two still work together at CBS. Esiason couldn't carry Marino's jock the width of the field. He compares Favre to Marino in that they aren't held accountable at the end of their careers. Here's the Link from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9640211
Boomer can suck my Italian Sausage!. He is jealous and always was of Dan's talent, so it's all he's got to try and poke fun at him. Screw Boomer and screw the Jets and the Bengels!

PhinGeneral said:
Yup. JJ has actually stated he wanted to trade Marino when he got to Miami, but knew he would be villified. I'm not going to apologize for JJ, who didn't get the job done, but he was handicapped by a declining Marino, whether many fans want to believe it or not.

Whatever. Marino was sick in every year but his last. He was a top 10 QB every year he played except for 99.

i dont think it was quite a bash, but maybe a little pick at him, as for jj wanting dan out, dan would have been a lot more effective for the dolphins if jj/dolphin management went out and got dan some effective weapons for the offense, if dan had a running back dan would not have had to throw so much and put more pressure on the shoulder, or even if he had better wr's orande was a good position reciever but that is pretty much it

A big part of Marino's struggles at the end were that he was not healthy, he had no weapons at WR (I loved Gadsden, but he could not outrun anybody), and they had a string of busts at RB (KAJ, Avery, JJ Johnson, Collins). And JJ tied his hands but not allowing him to audible.

TrueDolFan said:
Boomer Esiason is a first-class jerk. I don't listen to ANYTHING that comes out of his mouth.

A first class jerk huh? You call him a jerk, I call him a hero. His fundraising efforts are going a long way towards extending and improving the quality of my son's life (and the 30,000 other Americans with CF).

Furthermore, if you actually read the article then there would be no reason to be upset with what he said (unless the truth upsets you).

General Tso said:
A first class jerk huh? You call him a jerk, I call him a hero. His fundraising efforts are going a long way towards extending and improving the quality of my son's life (and the 30,000 other Americans with CF).

Furthermore, if you actually read the article then there would be no reason to be upset with what he said (unless the truth upsets you).

If it were the truth it would upset me.

Back
Top Bottom