Boomer takes cheap shot at Marino | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer takes cheap shot at Marino

MikeO said:
where is the cheap shot????????? Seriously. What he said was 100% truth.

He didn't even say anythign bad!!

I started the thread, and maybe cheap shot was a little strong of a term. I just felt that he could have made his point without bringing Marino's name into it. This isn't the first-time he's felt the need to use Marino in validating one of his arguments, he's referred to Peyton Manning as this generations Dan Marino a couple of times when talking about the Colts inability to get over the top. I just find it strange that he uses a colleague's name, one he works with every sunday, to validate every quasi-negative rationalization about the QB position.

3rd and long said:
I started the thread, and maybe cheap shot was a little strong of a term. I just felt that he could have made his point without bringing Marino's name into it. This isn't the first-time he's felt the need to use Marino in validating one of his arguments, he's referred to Peyton Manning as this generations Dan Marino a couple of times when talking about the Colts inability to get over the top. I just find it strange that he uses a colleague's name, one he works with every sunday, to validate every quasi-negative rationalization about the QB position.
Boomer's an idiot, Marino never EVER had the weapons Manning has, and a solid D, if they dont win this yr, I dont ever want to hear another Marino comparison again, and as far as the whole Favre comparison, you cant ever compare Farve to Marino for the primary fact that Marino didnt really crack under pressure like Brett does, and I still think Dan had a yr or two left in him.

in marinos last season he was rushed back from his injury which is why he had a poor season i'm not sure the extent of the inury, but a pinched nerve in your neck over your throwing shoulder that never fully healed what do you expect his throws to be like marino went out in game 5 i belive it was in 99 and came back in game 11 or 12 which honestly was too soon you could see it in that terrible dallas game he wasnt playing at 100% so i always discard marinos last season because he had such heart and a will to win he played the rest of the way without being fully recovered which i wish he would have rested the proper amount so maybe his season would have been different and he would have been remembered different

TakeIt2DaHouse said:
in marinos last season he was rushed back from his injury which is why he had a poor season i'm not sure the extent of the inury, but a pinched nerve in your neck over your throwing shoulder that never fully healed what do you expect his throws to be like marino went out in game 5 i belive it was in 99 and came back in game 11 or 12 which honestly was too soon you could see it in that terrible dallas game he wasnt playing at 100% so i always discard marinos last season because he had such heart and a will to win he played the rest of the way without being fully recovered which i wish he would have rested the proper amount so maybe his season would have been different and he would have been remembered different
My brother "true" Marino fans dont remember that at all:wink:

3rd and long said:
I just find it strange that he uses a colleague's name, one he works with every sunday, to validate every quasi-negative rationalization about the QB position.

I agree. Near the end of Dan's last year, the Dolphins were playing the Jets on Monday Night Football, and that was during Boomer's laughable year as the color guy. I think the Jets won that game 38-31 or something like that, and there were lots of big plays on both sides. Dan had some great passes (one TD was on a flea-flicker), but also had at least one crippling interception. It seemed like every time Dan did something bad, Boomer would say something along the lines of, "that's why he needs to retire," and whenever Dan did something good, Boomer would say something like, "that's why he's still one of the best quarterbacks in football." I got so tired of hearing him flip-flop back and forth that I ended up turning the sound off and watching the game in silence.

On a side note, I read in a story after the Super Bowl that year that Boomer was so bad that he actually got fired before the game was even over. Hilarious.

3rd and long said:
In writing about Brett Favre's potential season. Boomer Esiason takes another shot at Marino, do these two still work together at CBS. Esiason couldn't carry Marino's jock the width of the field. He compares Favre to Marino in that they aren't held accountable at the end of their careers. Here's the Link from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9640211

That wasn't a shot...............it's called the sad truth when it comes to aging stars in football

PhinsRock said:
Esiason should be renamed the Assassin of Stupidity, can't stand the guy.
So Esiason should be renamed a person that kills stupidity because he is... stupid?

Oh...

B-LO said:
This wasn't a cheap shot at all. Esiason simply stated that once a QB reaches legendary status with his organization, it would be a horrible PR move for the coach and/or team to push him out of his starting role or even cut him.

He's exactly right. Can you imagine how furious you'd all be if Jimmy Johnson actually cut Marino?

Yup. JJ has actually stated he wanted to trade Marino when he got to Miami, but knew he would be villified. I'm not going to apologize for JJ, who didn't get the job done, but he was handicapped by a declining Marino, whether many fans want to believe it or not.

3rd and long said:
In writing about Brett Favre's potential season. Boomer Esiason takes another shot at Marino, do these two still work together at CBS. Esiason couldn't carry Marino's jock the width of the field. He compares Favre to Marino in that they aren't held accountable at the end of their careers. Here's the Link from NFL.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9640211

two words...Fake Spike. :evil:

Boomer Esiason is as green with envy as his Jets jersey in the 90s. This guy is a pompous *** who cant stand the fact that dan marino is 100 times the quarterback he is. his analysis is nothing short of moronic and he has no business being on any media outlet of any kind. wow, i'm glad i got that off my chest. its good to see people who share my negative views about that puke.

MikeO said:
where is the cheap shot????????? Seriously. What he said was 100% truth.

He didn't even say anythign bad!!
OH PLEASE!! Boomer is that you in that dog getup? ha

Who cares? Dan Marino's greatness is on display for all to see in Canton's Pro Football Hall of Fame...nuff said! :D :dolphins: :cooldude:

Back
Top Bottom