Boomer we need you! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer we need you!

Yea there were plenty of Pennington Pantydroppers in that chat.

LOL im guessing you guys are prob a little ahead of rotoworld in there huh?

Haha! Brilliant alliteration.

I don't want to go into detail on that last snippet. ;)

If your looking to donate or join VIP they are listed right at the top in the same spots where User CP is listed.

The site is literally run by average joes who give up their free time (and $) to help out. Various things are done as far as occasionally previewing a thread, the contests and each and every month VIP'ers donate money to the cause to bring good posters into the V.I.P. So if your doing your part to keep the posting quality up it will eventually get noticed. VIP'ers this past month alone added another 5-6 persons to it based off donations alone. You'll also notice it isn't the mods etc that are pushing VIP...it's those that are in VIP itself.

It's really just a perk for those that literally spend their lives at this forum to help out. If it's not your thing don't feel pressured. However, if you want to help the options are there + the perks.

Boomer the last two days have been silent. Do you have anything for us anything will be appreciated.

2 players are in today for physicals. One is a former Dolphin.

The other has a relationship with one of our coaches.

Unless I am mistaken. there isn't any post AT AL in the VIP AREA...... I don't see a reason to join it if there are no post or activity.. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Unless I am mistaken. there isn't any post AT AL in the VIP AREA...... I don't see a reason to join it if there are no post or activity.. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You can only see the posts if you're a VIP member. Even on the front page thing.

Why dont you just charge $1 a month for users via paypal? We have over 5000 mermbers? Would that help?

Yes you are mistaken! Plenty activity, I am not a member , but I know there is :boohoo:

consider yourself corrected sir.. we have hundreds of "active" posters, some 17 threads have been posted in since midnight.. it is 6:20am now.. no, there is no lack of activity.

for all you wanting a taste of VIP.. I recommend that you pay attention next "essay" contest. The quality of the posts to be found in VIP were well represented by our last contest. Remember, every one of us came from the mains... The next essay cycle could be the one that gets our contestants in across the draft.. a serious perk that will garner some VERY good posts, I am looking forward to this a LOT.

For those who will harp on the "elitist" theme, I would remind you that "we" get together every quarter and donate money into a fund that allows us to offer comp memberships to quality posters who might have difficulty coming up with the bucks. This is a very "selfless" program all about giving back to DolphinsNation and it's main board members. I have been honored enough to have been a part of this program from the beginning and can tell you we have brought in a BUNCH of folks over the years. It just feels really good to help out a struggling student or new Dad and bring them into the fold.

An important thing to know is that VIP is NOT for everyone. Some have arrived in VIP thinking that the 36 bucks they paid means they can post any ol' thing they want. Those folks either came around, or were asked to leave. The TOS is held to VERY tightly there. We KNOW what we all have in VIP, and the entire group.. 450 plus, self polices and co operates to keep things flowing. Folks that make their living annoying other posters are quickly culled from the ranks. So, consider these things if that is your style of posting..

If you LOVE Miami Dolphins football, and are willing to hold yourself to a "higher" standard of conduct, VIP might be just the place for you. We become friends, get together in real life and meet one another, tailgate together and support one another in bad times. It really is a little family all into itself.

In VIP there have been a slew of posts, including a post that states there are 2 guys we're looking at today. Things slow down, and hopefully that's a sign that we're closely watching a couple guys and not prematurely reacting. It's only been 4 days, just be patient.

why all the VIP pushing lately? if it so great why not open it up for us lowly people to look into it and see whats in there?

Because its worth it, especially at this time of year when there is so much info and news out there. This time of year more than any is when there is tons of inside info posted in VIP about FA and the Draft.

No one is really "Pushing it" ,just stating its worth it. :up:

As someone has already said VIP is not for everyone.There is no hard sales pitch for it.
Its the unsolicited recommendation by existing VIP members that does most of the promoting.

The VIP forum is a refuge from the sometimes ranting ,alarmists ,inane and antagonistic posting of the main board.Its no wonder that once a member becomes a VIP member they seldom venture out of that forum.

The last thing we want to do is to convert the VIP forum into the same thing.

We are always on the lookout or good posters and we try to find a way to make it attractive for them to join .If they need help we have a great group of VIPs who are willing to do that.

For the poster who thinks there is not much going on in there we have 450 members and 7000 threads .

Our most knowledgeable posters,columnists,bloggers ,gurus and writers frequent that forum so the posting is top notch and we want to keep it that way.

Quick question for the VIP'ers. I have been reading threads here for quite some time and very rarely post or respond because quite frankly your post or reply just goes unnoticed. It seems if you have under 5000 posts then you obviously don't have the intelligence or thought process to even be on here. Is it that way in VIP?

I have followed Boomer, KB, CK and a few others and always look for their threads on here and enjoyed reading their opinions and analysis on things. If VIP is now where that is then fine sign me up but I'm not spending 40 bucks if you're not really in the "gang" because you don't post 1500 things a day.

Back
Top Bottom