Boomer we need you! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer we need you!

Quick question for the VIP'ers. I have been reading threads here for quite some time and very rarely post or respond because quite frankly your post or reply just goes unnoticed. It seems if you have under 5000 posts then you obviously don't have the intelligence or thought process to even be on here. Is it that way in VIP?

I have followed Boomer, KB, CK and a few others and always look for their threads on here and enjoyed reading their opinions and analysis on things. If VIP is now where that is then fine sign me up but I'm not spending 40 bucks if you're not really in the "gang" because you don't post 1500 things a day.
No, it is not like that. It is not perfect, but once you're there, you realize how little $36 is for that environment.

Quick question for the VIP'ers. I have been reading threads here for quite some time and very rarely post or respond because quite frankly your post or reply just goes unnoticed. It seems if you have under 5000 posts then you obviously don't have the intelligence or thought process to even be on here. Is it that way in VIP?

I have followed Boomer, KB, CK and a few others and always look for their threads on here and enjoyed reading their opinions and analysis on things. If VIP is now where that is then fine sign me up but I'm not spending 40 bucks if you're not really in the "gang" because you don't post 1500 things a day.

To be honest, I never look at what a persons post count is, I start reading the posts, if it catches me and is intelligent, I read it and reply. If it makes no sense or is hogwash, I move on. Sometimes the poster makes a great point and I don't reply, I just hit the thanks button.

I think if you are posting and reading here, then you and I agree this is the BEST dolphin site for us fans, but this site costs money to run, and a lot of personal time, so to answer your question, I am a VIP'er because I appreciate all the hard work and would like to continue reading about our great team in the future, so if they seem to try and get people to join vip then I don't think that's unreasonable.

why all the VIP pushing lately? if it so great why not open it up for us lowly people to look into it and see whats in there?

Not all the VIPs are experts.We have many members...some of whom are your compatriots... who just want learn from others.

I have heard it said that many members have learned more about the Dolphins and football in 6 months of membership than in their entire lifes.

Obviously not everyone can be an expert but their opinions are still valid and the members will take the time to answer any questions....with respect.

Respect is the key word in VIP.And the members are generally more close knit than on the main board.:)

Not all the VIPs are experts.We have many members...some of whom are your compatriots... who just want learn from others.

I have heard it said that many members have learned more about the Dolphins and football in 6 months of membership than in their entire lifes.

Obviously not everyone can be an expert but their opinions are still valid and the members will take the time to answer any questions....with respect.

Respect is the key word in VIP.And the members are generally more close knit than on the main board.:)

Thanks for the responses, i decided to join to see what all the excitement was about!!! :D

Just did a quick run through and it is very different from the main forum, which is quite refreshing!!!

While I may not post a whole lot I really enjoy the updates and analysis and debates. Looking forward to getting my fill in VIP.

Hey wait, where is my official badge!!!! I need my profile spiced up in some form!!

What badge ? :wink:

Welcome mate or shag whatever part of the UK you come from.

Come back and let us know what you think.

Check out the insiders thread to find out about the two players Boomer mentioned :wink:

What badge ? :wink:

Welcome mate or shag whatever part of the UK you come from.

Come back and let us know what you think.

Check out the insiders thread to find out about the two players Boomer mentioned :wink:

Actually I'm in London, Ontario, Canada!!! The TRUE London of the world!!! I hope Boomer doesn't see this!!! :winkwink:

Was already in there and I'm going to be doing an awful lot of reading!!!! LOL

I already know it was the right decision to join.

Whats the thing on donating? Its something I would consider.

Actually I'm in London, Ontario, Canada!!! The TRUE London of the world!!! I hope Boomer doesn't see this!!! :winkwink:

Was already in there and I'm going to be doing an awful lot of reading!!!! LOL

I already know it was the right decision to join.

Whats the thing on donating? Its something I would consider.

On the top of this page you will see a link for donations.

25 or more dollars will get you a donators badge to go along with the one you recently received.

250 dollars or more will get you a Superdonators badge like the one I have plus a lot of gratitude from us and the owner who has made a heavy investment in servers and associated equipment recently.:hi5:

However any amount you can afford will be graciously accepted :)

As someone has already said VIP is not for everyone.There is no hard sales pitch for it.
Its the unsolicited recommendation by existing VIP members that does most of the promoting.

The VIP forum is a refuge from the sometimes ranting ,alarmists ,inane and antagonistic posting of the main board.Its no wonder that once a member becomes a VIP member they seldom venture out of that forum.

The last thing we want to do is to convert the VIP forum into the same thing.

We are always on the lookout or good posters and we try to find a way to make it attractive for them to join .If they need help we have a great group of VIPs who are willing to do that.

For the poster who thinks there is not much going on in there we have 450 members and 7000 threads .

Our most knowledgeable posters,columnists,bloggers ,gurus and writers frequent that forum so the posting is top notch and we want to keep it that way.

People keep asking for me....Crunch is THE man when it comes to inside info. I mean, I've never seen anything like it. He's batting at .1000

It sounds corny, but VIP is like a family. As Tony Soprano might say, 'it's good people'. And the turnover of news, informative posts, analysis and most of all inside info, especially from Senior Bowl to Draft Day is unmatched anywhere on the internet.

ANYWHERE.

I fall into that category Crunch. I am no expert by far and never claim to be. I just find it great that I can read posts without wading through tons of BS.

I have also learned so much about many aspects of the game because of the knowledgeable and educated posts.

Someone also posted that VIP is a family and we get together for tailgates and stuff. I am not part of that but I would like to be. When I finish up with school, I will be making it down to Florida to catch some games.

It sounds corny, but VIP is like a family. As Tony Soprano might say, 'it's good people'. And the turnover of news, informative posts, analysis and most of all inside info, especially from Senior Bowl to Draft Day is unmatched anywhere on the internet.

ANYWHERE.

You have your good Uncles and the ones that pinch your wife after they drink to much!:rolleyes2:

Thanks for the responses, i decided to join to see what all the excitement was about!!! :D

Just did a quick run through and it is very different from the main forum, which is quite refreshing!!!

While I may not post a whole lot I really enjoy the updates and analysis and debates. Looking forward to getting my fill in VIP.

Bro, go back a few days in there when FA was just kicking off. That was fun. :woot:

The 450 mark is a bit dated. There may be more, there be less. ;) But there are plenty of folks like you who just read. We've got some who've never posted anywhere on the site. Nothing wrong with that either.

Again, I want to reiterate that there's NOTHING wrong with not joining that forum. Nothing. It's simply a product we offer. Just like a shirt. You don't have to buy one if you don't want one. It's your money.

If we didn't want to offer the free forums, we wouldn't. But nothing could be further from the truth. I, for one, enjoy the unbridled passion I see in the main forum. :)

Back
Top Bottom