Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac

I see your point but but I wouldnt compare Rodgers to LeFors who might not even be drafted.

Awsi Dooger said:
600 points, and more positive intangibles than points. In terms of touch, athletic ability and wheels, LeFors is Aaron Rodgers X10.

I have been in the West for more than 20 years and completely agree with the poster who wouldn't slot Rodgers in the top 30 among Pac-8 or Pac-10 QBs over the past several decades. He's a mechanical QB and mediocre athlete who has every chance to be exposed in that regard in the NFL.
Rodgers touch is just as good, if not better than LeFors. Rodgers isn't Vick/McNabb/etc, but he's certainly a good enough athlete for a QB.

Take a look at this video of him running down the field and making a block to free up his RB for a 60+ yard TD:

http://www.qisports.com/aaronrodgers2005.html

mf52dolphin said:
Ah CK in which games do you have the good readings on Rogers? The games I saw him in against above average teams he did not look all that good to me. In the USC game he failed in a golden opprtunity to pull off the upset win(which likely would have put Cal in the national title game). In the final game of the season at Southern Mississippi, where Cal need to blow them out to stay ahead of the grossly overated Texas team to get the Rose Bowl spot and did not, Rogers was not good at all. Whatever offense that night was generated by tailback JJ Arrington. Also in the Holiday Bowl against a weak defense of Texas Tech, Rogers had a poor game in an embarassing upset.

I am not convinced that Rogers is an elite quarterback at all. Also consideting I am a west coast guy and a follower of Pac-10 football since 1966, I consider Rogers to be in the top 30 of quarterbacks I've seen in the conference.
Ya, it was Rodgers fault Cal lost to USC this year. If he hadn't completed 23 consecutive passes Cal wouldn't have even been in position to win the game. USC was the best team in the country, to take them down to the wire at their stadium after beating them the previous season was quite a performance.

In the last two games this year (Southern Miss and Texas Tech) he was playing without his top 3 WRs. He was throwing to two freshmen that couldn't get open and dropped a lot of passes. Considering that he didn't play that poorly at all (250 yards 2 TD, 250 yards 1 TD).

How about him throwing for 350 yards, around 80% completion, and 2 TDs against Virginia Tech and DeAngelo Hall in an upset bowl victory last season? How about him playing well in a win over USC last year (last time USC has lost)? He's also played well against UCLA, Arizona State, and Oregon.

Rodgers is going to be a solid QB for some lucky team... hopefully ours.

Rodgers is more than athletic enough. Where some of you guys get your stories makes me chuckle. :D

fishypete said:
Yea....things like accuracy....leadership....heart....a winner.
You can't be serious right? Thats exactly what Brees had working for him. Plus the fact he played better competition. Lefors has no arm strength at all. If you wanna compare Lefors to someone try Ty Detmer. And if thats what you want ( a career backup) then Lefors is your man. :shakeno:

fishypete said:
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD/INT RAT

Stefan LeFors 189 257 2596 73.5 10.1 203 181.7

Sun., Sep 5Kentucky W 28-0

Sat., Sep 11@Army W 52-21Sat.,

Sep 18@Tulane Postponed

Sat., Sep 25@North Carolina W 34-0Sat.,

Oct 2 East Carolina W 59-7

Thur., Oct 14 @Miami (FL) L 41-38

Fri., Oct 22 South Florida W 41-9

Thur., Nov 4 @Memphis W 56-49

Wed., Nov 10 TCU W 55-28

Sat., Nov 20 @Houston W 65-27

Sat., Nov 27 Cincinnati W 70-7

Sat., Dec 4 @TulaneW 55-7

Fri., Dec 31 Liberty Bowl Boise State W 44-40

Exactly. Look at his lack of competion. Other than Miami, and maybe Boise St. thats one pathetic schedule

Back
Top Bottom