Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac

I was thinking more along the lines of a large body of production against teams with good defenses...but to each his own.

ckparrothead said:
I was thinking more along the lines of a large body of production against teams with good defenses...but to each his own.
NAME CMP ATT YDS CMP% YDS/A TD/INT RAT

Stefan LeFors 189 257 2596 73.5 10.1 203 181.7

Sun., Sep 5Kentucky W 28-0

Sat., Sep 11@Army W 52-21Sat.,

Sep 18@Tulane Postponed

Sat., Sep 25@North Carolina W 34-0Sat.,

Oct 2 East Carolina W 59-7

Thur., Oct 14 @Miami (FL) L 41-38

Fri., Oct 22 South Florida W 41-9

Thur., Nov 4 @Memphis W 56-49

Wed., Nov 10 TCU W 55-28

Sat., Nov 20 @Houston W 65-27

Sat., Nov 27 Cincinnati W 70-7

Sat., Dec 4 @TulaneW 55-7

Fri., Dec 31 Liberty Bowl Boise State W 44-40

If my figures are correct....he led a team that scored 600 points in 12 games...50 points a game average.

Add this....Lefors scored more points (38) against Miami, than any other team they played...and he didn't complete the game. The Hurricanes play a high grade pro-style defense.

Jaj said:
Um that's absolutely ridiculous. 10-12 pounds of bulk(mostly muscle, low amount of fat) in only a month?

That's not only absurd it's not healthy.

I was listening to the Eddie Kaplin show the other night, and he had some trainer on as a guest. He was talking about baseball players and steroids. The guy said that it is impossible to put on a lot of muscle weight in a short period of time without using roids.

Now either they were wrong about Caddy's weight at the senior bowl, or he was starving himself, or he was juiced. OR the most likely case would be he lost some weight during his season, and was still around his playing weight of 205 for the senior bowl. I mean most Rb's bodies always look sculpted so ............

ckparrothead said:
Yeah but you sure can put on about 5 or 6 pounds of water weight with the right vitamins and drinking a lot. Who was it last year that did the same thing putting on a bunch of water weight for the weigh-in and he got delayed in line for so long and had to go to the bathroom so bad that he peed his pants right there at the weigh-in? It was a defensive end, I forget his name. I wouldn't be surprised if Caddy drank a little water just before the weigh-in heh.

I guess I'd better quit typing now...

And as one other person pointed out, he said he thought Caddy weighed 211 at the senior bowl. He could be correct, but I know I read 205-6 in one article.

I was really making the question because what I think is that he puts on pounds fast just after a season ends, even though he keeps working out.

I think his playing weight is going to be a lot less than 217, especially if he is drafted here. More like 200. I saw him in shorts and he is pretty skinny in the calves, BUT what I've seen more of, is him play football, and he has some real power in his lower body.

The rest of the post was a pretty good read. thanks

whatever his weight is, who cares... the dude is a playmaker. AND he did a rep more than his teamate, who is obviously a bit bigger....

His Dudeness said:
whatever his weight is, who cares... the dude is a playmaker. AND he did a rep more than his teamate, who is obviously a bit bigger....

I bet every GM cares!

Bench press? Now that's something that they will more than likely overlook as long as they can lift some weight.

I think roids should not be suspected in this case. It's a pretty well-known trick for guys who are trying to put on weight for the combine yet still look good to drink tons of fluids and maybe take some vitamins that help you retain water. Like I said that guy Eric Taylor I think maybe was his name a defensive end, he ended up with the nickname "puddles" all during the combine because he had drank so much water trying to beef up his weight figure that when waiting in line for the weigh-in he peed all over himself.

Hostile7 said:
Sproles did 23 reps... He's like 5'6" right? Damn he's stronger the Ronnie Brown and Cadillac (18 and 19).

He has shorter arms though, less distance to get the bar up and down!!

DOLFANMIKE said:
Boomer,

I just wanted to say thank you for the info you provide each year. I enjoy your off season pre draft info as much as anything I read on the board each year.

D-Mike

Absolute pleasure Mike

WharfRat said:
Doug Flutie
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
In the CFL, in the NFL hes been nothing better than backup material. He was a bust in the NFL so I wouldnt use him as an example of a successful short quarterback. Theisman is probaly the shortest guy Ive seen have success, he won a Superbowl(against us) and I believe he won an MVP. Fluties always been on loser teams, he's never won a playoff game that I can remember.

OK, some late night (early morning for me) hits for you:

Chris Henry says he can run a 4.3 - sizes are above. Houston, Vikes and Pack showing most interest.

Jason White, 6'2.5, 223. Will do all the work, had a 5 hour medical exam on both knees.

Orlvsky was 6'5 225 and will do everything.

Orton was 6'4, 223

JR Russell was 6'3 206

David Green was 6'3, 226 and has been earning rave reviews for his personality and maturity. (Really like this kid). Has been working out throwing to Mike Williams, says he is the most gifted WR he has ever seen, ever.

Roscoe Parrish - heights I did earlier, but Miami is one of 4 other teams that have really shown an interest.

Steve Savoy will run.

Derek Anderson was 6'6, 243. (Could be a sleeper QB)

Alex Barrom continues to wow people and broke the Cybex Leg Press record. His stock is really rising again.

Adrian McPherson did 22 on the bench.

Caddy did 19. Interviewed with Saban.

Michael Munoz's stock continues to fall. His injury problems will hurt him.

Braylon Edwards - 6'3, 212. Won't run

Boomer said:
OK, here we go...more stuff.....

Aaron Rodgers - 6'2 223 - this is GREAT for Rodgers as there were rumours he might only be 6 foot and change. Troy Williamson was 6'1, 203. He will run. Mike Williams was 228 but wants to be 224. Matt Jones was 6'6 242. Mark Clayton was 5'10, 193. He will do everything in Indy and says he will run a 4.5. Jones last week ran a 4.41.
BlueFin - guess I was wrong about Rodgers' height... I cudda sworn he was shorter than that.

I think LeFors will have a better pro career than Aaron Rodgers

fishypete said:
If my figures are correct....he led a team that scored 600 points in 12 games...50 points a game average.

Add this....Lefors scored more points (38) against Miami, than any other team they played...and he didn't complete the game. The Hurricanes play a high grade pro-style defense.

600 points, and more positive intangibles than points. In terms of touch, athletic ability and wheels, LeFors is Aaron Rodgers X10.

I have been in the West for more than 20 years and completely agree with the poster who wouldn't slot Rodgers in the top 30 among Pac-8 or Pac-10 QBs over the past several decades. He's a mechanical QB and mediocre athlete who has every chance to be exposed in that regard in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom