Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac

All factors being equal is the only way to accurately assess prospects. This whole combine vs pro days has become a farce.

ckparrothead said:
Wow, I'm astonished. I really, really like Rodgers. I think he can break through and become the first Tedford grad that actually does something meaningful in the pros because he has the mechanics and accuracy that to date, none of the Tedford QBs had. Yet, he moves around well in the pocket and throws well on the run, and he's got a decent, if not very good arm. I've definitely clocked his passes around where I see guys like Leftwich and Roethlisberger throw it, though he obviously doesn't have the arsenal in his closet that Roesthlisberger has...

Ah CK in which games do you have the good readings on Rogers? The games I saw him in against above average teams he did not look all that good to me. In the USC game he failed in a golden opprtunity to pull off the upset win(which likely would have put Cal in the national title game). In the final game of the season at Southern Mississippi, where Cal need to blow them out to stay ahead of the grossly overated Texas team to get the Rose Bowl spot and did not, Rogers was not good at all. Whatever offense that night was generated by tailback JJ Arrington. Also in the Holiday Bowl against a weak defense of Texas Tech, Rogers had a poor game in an embarassing upset.

I am not convinced that Rogers is an elite quarterback at all. Also consideting I am a west coast guy and a follower of Pac-10 football since 1966, I consider Rogers to be in the top 30 of quarterbacks I've seen in the conference.

Hostile7 said:
Yeah, but these players who run at Indy will be able to run at there teams pro day. Scouts usually take the best time, so in the end, it works out.

I'm no lawyer or anything, but if the NFL made everyone work out, and someone got hurt, doesn't the injured party have any grounds for a lawsuit? It could cost them millions of dollars..
Yeah, I know. It just seems to be frustrating ... and I'm just a fan! I can't imagine how ticked off team organizations get with this stuff.

Shawn-l said:
Yeah but when you're just 5'6" you only have to lift the bar like 5" off of your chest cause of your short arms. I mean, come on.....
Yes...those shorter arms sure makes 225 feel like a feather.

How did the Kicker from BSU, Tyler Jones fair. Figure we can get him and use alot less than to get Nugent

Hostile7 said:
Boomer feels theres no way Rodgers goes #1, and they like Smith better. If he's right and they do bring in a Brian Griese, it will be a very good move for this team.
Boomer is just one of many that think that way.

His Dudeness said:
nugents stock seems to be dropping...
What's funny is there was a group of people in love with him. Like he was gods gift to kicking field goals. Look at the SB kickers Akers and Vin, they wern't even drafted. You don't need to be drafted to become a successful kicker. Look at Bill Gramatica. Where is he again? What a 3rd round steal he was.

Ah CK in which games do you have the good readings on Rogers? The games I saw him in against above average teams he did not look all that good to me. In the USC game he failed in a golden opprtunity to pull off the upset win(which likely would have put Cal in the national title game). In the final game of the season at Southern Mississippi, where Cal need to blow them out to stay ahead of the grossly overated Texas team to get the Rose Bowl spot and did not, Rogers was not good at all. Whatever offense that night was generated by tailback JJ Arrington. Also in the Holiday Bowl against a weak defense of Texas Tech, Rogers had a poor game in an embarassing upset.

I am not convinced that Rogers is an elite quarterback at all. Also consideting I am a west coast guy and a follower of Pac-10 football since 1966, I consider Rogers to be in the top 30 of quarterbacks I've seen in the conference.

I saw all three games. What you call a missed opportunity against USC, I call an excellent showing against the best team in the country when it was obvious that the only reason Cal was even in that game was Rodgers. Against Southern Miss, I saw Rodgers do what was necessary to win the game. And against Texas Tech, I saw the Cal defense take a dive and get exposed by the Red Raiders offense, and I saw a very young and inexperienced WR corps absolutely refuse to get open or gain any separation and give Aaron Rodgers precious few opportunities to do anything against a Red Raider defense that had been playing better in 2004 than I've seen them play in a long time...and yet Rodgers still managed to lead them to 31 points.

Rodgers was the only thing keeping the Golden Bears even in that game against Texas Tech.

my reports are based on what boom said he was very inconsistent from 45 + at the combine...

Boomer,

I just wanted to say thank you for the info you provide each year. I enjoy your off season pre draft info as much as anything I read on the board each year.

D-Mike

It's too bad LeFors doesn't have all the things going for him that Brees did coming out of college.

ckparrothead said:
It's too bad LeFors doesn't have all the things going for him that Brees did coming out of college.
Yea....things like accuracy....leadership....heart....a winner.

Back
Top Bottom