Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac

I still like Benson and Brown more than Caddy. The extra weight(muscle) is awesome, especially if it doesn't slow him down. But the 2 season-ending injuries scare me a bit. Then again I'm not the GM, and i trust Saban's opinion more than even my own.

So if we take into account the LSU poster in another thread who said that Saban wants a difference maker and that will come from WR, DE or CB as those are his difference maker positions. Then where can you guys see us leaning?

Options at # 2...

WR - Braylon Edwards
DE - Marcus Spears, Erasmus James, Dan Cody, David Pollack
CB - Antrel Rolle, Adam Jones

These are guys at the top of those positions but most don't seem to have that #2 value. With a trade down, I see them all being big value picks. Plus you've got the Aaron Rodgers temptation if the 49ers go Smith. I don't know about you but I've had an RB going to us with the first pick since RW left us. Now I just don't know what to think.

[QUOTE='Phins & 'Canes]So if we take into account the LSU poster in another thread who said that Saban wants a difference maker and that will come from WR, DE or CB as those are his difference maker positions. Then where can you guys see us leaning?

Options at # 2...

WR - Braylon Edwards
DE - Marcus Spears, Erasmus James, Dan Cody, David Pollack
CB - Antrel Rolle, Adam Jones

These are guys at the top of those positions but most don't seem to have that #2 value. With a trade down, I see them all being big value picks. Plus you've got the Aaron Rodgers temptation if the 49ers go Smith. I don't know about you but I've had an RB going to us with the first pick since RW left us. Now I just don't know what to think.[/QUOTE] Benson is the biggest difference maker in this draft. He's an impact player right away, and the most ready player in the draft. Four year starter, one of the best NCAA RB ever, and knows what it's like to have the pressure on his shoulders. I could tell you about his talents, but you can look at any post I make to read them. He's a total package. See what he did college as Texas only consistant weapon, and imagine what he could with a TEAM of talented players around him. IMO, going to be an elite RB sooner rather than later.

To me, only Edwards is worth #2 out of those picks. They all are great value with a trade down(except I'm not a big fan of Pollack, I see him having a hard time transitioning).

Sproles did 23 reps... He's like 5'6" right? Damn he's stronger the Ronnie Brown and Cadillac (18 and 19).

Boomer said:
Alex Barron blew people away with a 38 inch wingspan.

He's gonna be Great barring injury...If Bowden says he is the best LT hes had in the last 12(or so)years....That means better then walter Jones??!!

I wouldnt be dissappointed in the least bit if we grabbed Barron.Only problem is they want to try Carey there :shakeno: :shakeno: .

Boom what do you think of Barron?

musphinzfan said:
He's gonna be Great barring injury...If Bowden says he is the best LT hes had in the last 12(or so)years....That means better then walter Jones??!!

I wouldnt be dissappointed in the least bit if we grabbed Barron.Only problem is they want to try Carey there :shakeno: :shakeno: .

Boom what do you think of Barron?
Wait till he see's next years crop... The Dancing Bear D'Brickshaw Fergeson will be amazing. Wish he came out this year, easily a top 5 pick.

I think Barron will be good, just not the best value at #2. Anywhere from #10 on wouldn't be that bad though.

Hostile7 said:
Wait till he see's next years crop... The Dancing Bear D'Bricshaw Fergeson will be amazing. Wish he came out this year, easily a top 5 pick.

Hes a LG in the NFL. :wink:

Ferguson would've been a top 5 pick had he come out. He would have been far and away the #1 tackle prospect. What in the world makes you think he'd be a G in the NFL.

And there is no way we take a corner at #2(a safety maybe ;)), a corner in the 1st I could see, if we trade down. Just not at #2.

Rodgers is a top five pick with that measurement. No doubt about it. Someone will take him that high. If he runs a decent 40, he's cemented himself in my book as a very good prospect. I actually like him more than Eli Manning last year. Not saying he's a better prospect. He just has incredible accuracy.

I'm guessing SF likes Alex Smith because he'd probably do better in a west coast offense.

Boomer said:
OK, more Cadillac Williams was a solid 217lbs. That is excellent for him. 5'11 217. Eric Shelton was 6'1, a little smaller than some teams expected. Alex Smith was 6'4 217. I was told that Rodgers WILL run in Indy now. He changed up his mind today and will run.

Andrew Walter was 6'6 and interviewed well. McPherson interviewed well as well. Braylon Edwards was 6'3 and did 22 reps at 225 leading the WR's today. Larry Brackens was 6'5. Chris Henry was 6'4.5 and 198. Steve Savoy was ripped and will run. He's on the rise. Cro Thorpe was smaller than people thought at 6-0, 189.

And coach had this to say on Matt Jones: he looked forward to Jones graduating and said that he was more responsible for his team winning than any other player in the SEC.

Wow, Caddy is 217? You sure that's correct mate? I mean putting on 10-12 pounds in barely a month is nearly impossible. Unless it's fat, and fat slows you down big time.

Hopefully for his sake, he put added the wieght in his legs, cause them some toofpicks he gots/ :D

If a Rb does not impress with his 225 lift, to me it's no real big deal. I'd like to see how much they can squat. But when a Wr can get over 20 on the bench, that's impressive. I'd be mighty fine with Edwards at #2, over any of the Rb's.

Jaj said:
Rodgers is a top five pick with that measurement. No doubt about it. Someone will take him that high. If he runs a decent 40, he's cemented himself in my book as a very good prospect.
He's a QB.. What difference does his 40 make? I'll put as much stock into a QB 40 as I would a kickers bench press.

Back
Top Bottom