Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac

NFL | Williams Not Working Out at Combine
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:40:34 -0800

ESPNews reports former USC WR Mike Williams weighed in at 229 lbs. at the NFL Combine. He does not plan to go through any of the workout drills at the Combine, instead he will do all of his workouts in Tampa, Florida before the NFL Draft

fishypete said:

ESPNews reports former USC WR Mike Williams weighed in at 229 lbs. at the NFL Combine. He does not plan to go through any of the workout drills at the Combine, instead he will do all of his workouts in Tampa, Florida before the NFL Draft

I think these guys declining to do workouts, or limiting their combine appearance to certain events, is pure-dee crap. As long as scouts continue to go to these "private pro-day" things, though, top players who fear degradation of their lofty status will pull this $h!t.

fishypete said:

I dont know.For a guy who hasnt played so long and was suspect of being slow to begin with I wonder if its a smart move on his part.You would think he would take any opportunity to show himself at the combines unless of course............he is really is slow.

Have ya'll notice, most of the Top picks: year and year, don't work out at the combine?

Happens all the time.

Boomer, thanks for these updates, I appreciate it. Soon we will have to discuss some EPL.

CrunchTime said:
I dont know.For a guy who hasnt played so long and was suspect of being slow to begin with I wonder if its a smart move on his part.You would think he would take any opportunity to show himself at the combines unless of course............he is really is slow.
It would still make more sense to run now, that way if he did post a really slow time, he'd still have another chance to make it up before the draft.

OK, here we go...more stuff.....

Aaron Rodgers - 6'2 223 - this is GREAT for Rodgers as there were rumours he might only be 6 foot and change. Troy Williamson was 6'1, 203. He will run. Mike Williams was 228 but wants to be 224. Matt Jones was 6'6 242. Mark Clayton was 5'10, 193. He will do everything in Indy and says he will run a 4.5. Jones last week ran a 4.41.

That's great news for Rodgers. Keep an eye out for Troy Williamson...the kid is FAST and I think will one day be a good deep play threat in the NFL.

Boomer said:

Aaron Rodgers - 6'2 223 - this is GREAT for Rodgers as there were rumours he might only be 6 foot and change. Troy Williamson was 6'1, 203. He will run. Mike Williams was 228 but wants to be 224. Matt Jones was 6'6 242. Mark Clayton was 5'10, 193. He will do everything in Indy and says he will run a 4.5. Jones last week ran a 4.41.
wait your saying the matt jones whos 6'6" 242 ran a 4.41? no way... how is he not a definate first rounder than... that big and that fast, unless hes got crap hands or no route running ability, but that stuff can be taught... if he runs a 4.4 at the combine with that size hes a early to mid first rounder id think...

Boomer said:

Wow, Rodgers being 6' 2 changes my opinion on him... I thought he was more barely 6'.

arsenal said:
wait your saying the matt jones whos 6'6" 242 ran a 4.41? no way... how is he not a definate first rounder than... that big and that fast, unless hes got crap hands or no route running ability, but that stuff can be taught... if he runs a 4.4 at the combine with that size hes a early to mid first rounder id think...
I know lol, it's sick! There is a highlight video somewhere on him... He backs that number up big time....

I see him going to TE.

_dan24 said:
I know lol, it's sick! There is a highlight video somewhere on him... He backs that number up big time....

I see him going to TE.
i dont konw, if he can run a 4.4 why bother putthing him at TE... keep him as a WR to dominate these little corners who hed be able to outrun...

i know hes extremely raw though which will be a prob, but 6'6" 240 speeding down the sidelines with 4.4 speed will be hard for a lot of teams to pass up, haha no matter how raw he is...

Back
Top Bottom