Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Day 2 LIVE Combine Updates inc: Cadillac

6'2" 223...nice...that is a rock solid size for Rodgers. That was my only concern about him. If SF passes on him, we should seriously consider taking him. I don't think we will, but we should at least consider it.

I see Matt Jones playing TE and WR both, actually, sort of a hybrid like Teyo Johnson, a mismatch king...in fact, maybe like a David Givens on the Pats who is certainly big for a WR. The problem with Jones is he doesn't have quick feet at all. I watched him in drills at the Senior Bowl and his 4.4 speed can be described as like 100 percent straight line speed. He does show decent body control, but I would think that his cone drill time and other agility drills will suck compared to other WRs. He could end up another Ed McCaffrey though...

The news about Aaron Rodgers is HUGE. I watched him on film and I could see where teams say that he seems like he may be smaller than the 6'2" mark, however I've never really doubted that he's 6'2" and I'm just happy to see I'm not a complete kook. Rodgers may have just assured himself as the #1 pick just by working on his posture and simply having his height measured. Not to mention his weight at 223 lbs is an improvement as well, and if he looks anything other than flabby at that weight, yeah I think the guy is going #1 overall...whether to the 49ers or to someone else.

I LOVE Cadillac's fighting spirit. The guy is just going to be a phenomenal football player mentally. His team-first attitude is incredible, and I love how he keeps showing up to these things and working out like they were just challenges and he's out to show that unlike everyone else, he's not a wuss and HE'S going to show off his stuff and have himself be openly compared to people that (gasp) might run a tenth of a second faster than him. He shows up to the Senior Bowl when nobody else in his echelon would, he shows up to the combine and says he'll work out when nobody else in his echelon will. This guy isn't just going to make a team happy one day for having him on the team and winning football games for them, he's going to make the FANS happy with his fighting spirit and he'll probably end up one of those guys that does a TON for the community.

I've always liked Cadillac better than any of the other RB in this draft.

6'2" 223...nice...that is a rock solid size for Rodgers. That was my only concern about him. If SF passes on him, we should seriously consider taking him. I don't think we will, but we should at least consider it.

On the contrary if he grades out better, I believe we will take him, or Alex Smith. I think they're going to stick strictly to the draft board this year after so many disasters in previous years where we've ignored a guy we KNEW was a better football player, because of top-down considerations.

I've always liked Cadillac better than any of the other RB in this draft.

Yeah, me too. Although, seeing the highlight video of Cedric Benson certainly made me a LOT more comfortable with the idea of him in a Phins uniform, almost as much as Cadillac.

NFL | Draft Fact: Kickers Produce Best Scores
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:49:54 -0800

Stan Olson, of the Charlotte Observer, reports the five kickers at the NFL Scouting Combine produced an average score of 29 on the NFL's Wonderlic test

Aaron Rodgers - 6'2 223 - this is GREAT for Rodgers as there were rumours he might only be 6 foot and change.

Very good news for us, makes the No. 2 that much more valuable.

Boomer said:
OK, here we go...more stuff.....

Matt Jones was 6'6 242. Jones last week ran a 4.41.

Oh my god are you serious?
This has to be a typo.
Matt Jones runs that fast? For God's sake how can a 6'6 242 white guy who looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman run a 4.4? He may be the most athletic person on earth.

ghost of marino said:
This has to be a typo.
Matt Jones runs that fast? For God's sake how can a 6'6 242 white guy who looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman run a 4.4? He may be the most athletic person on earth.
Maybe it's down hill?

arsenal said:
wait your saying the matt jones whos 6'6" 242 ran a 4.41? no way... how is he not a definate first rounder than... that big and that fast, unless hes got crap hands or no route running ability, but that stuff can be taught... if he runs a 4.4 at the combine with that size hes a early to mid first rounder id think...

Jones has played WR in exactly ZERO games. He may go in the late 2nd, but he will NOT be a mid 1st rounder. He has shown that he can run routes and has decent hands, but lets not annoint him Randy Moss just yet people. ;)

ghost of marino said:
This has to be a typo.

I've watched him play on grass against both South Carolina and Tennessee and pull away from Kevin Burnett and Dunta Robinson. He has a huge stride and covers huge ground. He did this remember at a training school last week, so nothing is guaranteed, but if he runs close to that, then he's made himself a lot of money.

I'd say mid-late 2nd is a good spot for Jones whether at TE or WR. If that speed is accurate at least. I mean he has a lot of potential.

ghost of marino said:
This has to be a typo.

that had not occured to us dude... we feel the people who uhh.. soiled your matt jones.. might be the very culprits... well, dude, we just dont know.. :roflmao:

I was sure he was bigger than that, Darren Sproles is almost that big, and less injury prone.

Back
Top Bottom