Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
OK peeps. Please heed my thread about unofficial times as well.

Matt Jones turned in a strong showing again. His times are still unofficial, but it looks like he was quicker than any TB in attendance. Mike Williams' time officially I'm told will be close to 4.7. THAT is why I have been telling you (no-one listened) why teams are talking about turning him into an Antonio Gates clone and thus why he might not go quite as high as some people claim. Certainly not ruling him out as a top 15 pick at all, but perspective.

Albert Fincher, the LB from UCONN who would be a solid 3rd round pick up was 6'1, 238. Like at the Senior Bowl, we again showed a lot of interest today.

Lofa Tatupu was 5'11 7/8ths and 238lbs.

Marlin Jackson was 6'0.5 and 198lbs.

Derrick Johnson was a much bigger than expected 242lbs at 6'2. He is going to do the full workout.

Justin Miller was a disappointing 5'9 201. Claims to have run a 4.29 last week.

Brandon Browner whose stock is rising to the mid 1st round area may have annoyed people by weighing in at 221 and 6'3 and 3/4. That might precipitate a move to S.

Adam Jones was 5'10 and 197

Mark Clayton ran a low 4.4, Vincent Jackson, one of my sleepers also ran very well.

T.A McClendon didn't break 4.7 apparently.

Bill Swancutt was 6'4, 270

last i remember wasnt jerry rice's 40 time like 4.68 and hes the greatest reciever in history...anquin boldin ran a 4.8 and the next season caught like 1350 yards 106 catches and 9 tds

Boomer, Caddy ran a 6.94 Cone drill which was 2nd best overall only to Arrington. Once again, thanks for all the info and your work with the draft and combine.

OK, Mike Williams was timed at 4.59 by the Cowboys and up to 4.71 by an unnamed team. Lets see what the NFL gives him.

Boomer said:
OK peeps. Please heed my thread about unofficial times as well.

Matt Jones turned in a strong showing again. His times are still unofficial, but it looks like he was quicker than any TB in attendance. Mike Williams' time officially I'm told will be close to 4.7. THAT is why I have been telling you (no-one listened) why teams are talking about turning him into an Antonio Gates clone and thus why he might not go quite as high as some people claim. Certainly not ruling him out as a top 15 pick at all, but perspective.

Albert Fincher, the LB from UCONN who would be a solid 3rd round pick up was 6'1, 238. Like at the Senior Bowl, we again showed a lot of interest today.

Lofa Tatupu was 5'11 7/8ths and 238lbs.

Marlin Jackson was 6'0.5 and 198lbs.

Derrick Johnson was a much bigger than expected 242lbs at 6'2. He is going to do the full workout.

Justin Miller was a disappointing 5'9 201. Claims to have run a 4.29 last week.

Brandon Browner whose stock is rising to the mid 1st round area may have annoyed people by weighing in at 221 and 6'3 and 3/4. That might precipitate a move to S.

Adam Jones was 5'10 and 197

Mark Clayton ran a low 4.4, Vincent Jackson, one of my sleepers also ran very well.

T.A McClendon didn't break 4.7 apparently.

Bill Swancutt was 6'4, 270
Vincent Jackson, is he that tall beast WR from No. Colorado??? What's his bio?

nando03 said:
Boomer, Caddy ran a 6.94 Cone drill which was 2nd best overall only to Arrington. Once again, thanks for all the info and your work with the draft and combine.

My pleasure mate.

More news: Aaron Rodgers ran an unoffical 4.80 followed by an unofficial 4.71 which is pretty good.

Boom, what's the major drawback to JJ Arrington. I've watched him play quite a bit, and the only thing I can see is the size. But, at 5'9 and 215 or so, that's definitely NFL starting caliber size. He ran the fastest 40 for a RB and the fastest cone drill. When you add that with the exceptional production, do you see him climbing up the draft boards to a 2nd round pick?

Thanks again Simon. Caddy ran around 4.5 which is about what everybody expected, but the comentators said that they were impressed by his catching abilities.
Mike Williams aparently ran what was expected, we all knew the guy was not a speedster. Roby the wr from indiana also ran pretty good.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Vincent Jackson, is he that tall beast WR from No. Colorado??? What's his bio?

Utterly dominant against a lower level of competition. Biggest comparison is I suppose TO. He's about 6'4, 225, does a great job of shielding the ball from the CB, was a BBall player with good hands. At worst a 3rd rounder.

Boomer said:
Utterly dominant against a lower level of competition. Biggest comparison is I suppose TO. He's about 6'4, 225, does a great job of shielding the ball from the CB, was a BBall player with good hands. At worst a 3rd rounder.
Yeah, that's the freak I saw running some WR drills and they kept mentioning his size...showed nice soft hands. TO is a huge comparison. Too bad we dont have a 3rd currently.

Back
Top Bottom