Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams

Boomer said:
OK ladies, here's more. DeMarcus Ware, closing in on the top 35 was 6'4, 251.

Kevin Burnett, the best cover LB in the draft was 6'2 7/8ths and 239. Miami were not one of the teams showing interest unfortunately.

Lance Mitchell, one of my favourite players was 6'2, 247. Again, Miami wasn't a big player.

Odell Thurman, another of my favourite players was 6'1 233.

Here are the official top 5 WR numbers:
Mark Clayton - 4.43, Roscoe Parrish 4.43, Mark Bradley 4.47, Brandon Jones 4.48, Reggie Brown 4.51. Those are the numbers of the guys that have thus far been registered.

Official TB numbers:
Darren Sproles - 4.46
Ryan Moats - 4.48
Walter Reyes - 4.49
Carnell Williams - 4.50
Eric Shelton - 4.54

Official QB Numbers:
Adrian McPherson - 4.72
Alex Smith - 4.74
David Greene - 4.81
Ben Dougherty - 4.84
Charlie Frye - 4.88

Top 5 QBs from the later sessions:
Matt Jones, 4.40
Stefan LeFors, 4.62
Josh Halley, 4.69
Dustin Long, 4.67
Chris Rix, 4.73

Top 5 WRs session 2:
Jerome Mathis, 4.32
Courtney Roby, 4.36
Troy Williamson, 4.38
Lebron LeCroy, 4.41
Terrence Murphy, 4.45

ALL THOSE ARE OFFICIAL NUMBERS.

what did Ronnie Brown run? and which RB was the most impressive on the bench press?

Dudeman said:
McPherson definitely did not run a 4.49

Rix ran a 4.7 and 4.75

Agreed , Adrian ran an unofficail 4.74 and pulled a quad muscle during his 1st, and I believe only, run.

I'm no professional CK. Seems from the past few years you can do just as good a job as anyone.

Spears and Barnes especially aren't falling, although Marcus may have to have some surgery before the draft. Barnes did a great job in Mobile, was 90% here and ran under 5.0, lifted 26 despite the wrist being 100%. Miller and Browning I would say are rising, Rolle is a little lower, Troy Williamson would have to be on that board and rising. Matt Roth is rising, Daryl Blackstock also rising fast. But it's a nice looking board.

When I say rising/holding/falling I just mean personally. Khalif Barnes is falling a little to me because I think that I had been far too reactionary to some info that came to light about how fast he was and how players at the senior bowl raved about him...I like him, but he should not have appeared in my top 20, and a few days ago he did, so falling just meant he's falling on my board. Spears is similar, he's falling mainly because other guys are really showing their stuff, meanwhile Spears is just having surgery and now has medical issues. I liked Kenechi Udeze coming out as much as anyone, but he did hardly anything his rookie year mainly because of the injury issues he had coming out IMO, and I wouldn't want that to happen with Marcus Spears, so he's falling on MY boards, just mine.

As for Mark Clayton, yes I just have a REALLY good feeling about him. I mean almost as good a feeling as like, Braylon Edwards, and probably a better feeling about him than Mike Williams but I have to chalk up Williams natural talents and tangibles and place him higher. Troy Williamson doesn't appear on my board because I don't know much about him and haven't seen him play, but I won't argue with you when you say he belongs there. As for Browner and Miller they showed up with unfavorable heights and weights at the combine I was under the impression, and so they are falling a little to me since Browner is now perhaps a safety prospect and not as good one as Thomas Davis. You'll also see Mike Patterson on my Top 25 even though you won't see him on most but it's because I swear, when I watch USC, the guy I end up watching on the interior of their line is Mike Patterson, not Shaun Cody, yet Cody is the one showing off all the measurables to be a good pro, but I STILL think Patterson will end up a good pro too.

And I still think Antrel Rolle is going to surprise some people. He's not top 10 talent as I once thought, but he's going to run a better 40 than people think and the guy is one of the most polished defenders in the draft, if not the most. He's got natural talent that is evident when you watch him play. I'm a big UM fan, and I don't necessarily just like all UM players, but there are certain guys I see on UM that I know are going to be impact players....Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Santana Moss, Shockey, Willis McGahee, Jonathon Vilma...I could have predicted their success, and I think Antrel Rolle is right there in line with those guys. The only UM grad that I didn't predict well was Andre Johnson, I didnt think he'd be this good in the pros, but he proved me wrong. I never had a good feeling about Carey, and I hope he proves me wrong too. Eric Winston, on the other hand....whoa boy....

Good stuff. I am really enjoying this whole week so far. I would like to see more of the wideouts personally. I think we are going to see some changes to our corps soon enough and we may want to restock late in the first day. Courtney Roby would be a sentimental pick in the third or fourth.

Personally, I am as confused as ever on who to take at the #2 spot. I kind of like the idea of Smith or Rogers, however we desperately need a RB and Ronnie Brown has really got me in his corner. Then again, we need some bigger linebackers and defensive linemen in general so players like Johnson, Cody and Spears start looking good to me as well. Not to mention the fact that Alex Barron is there for LT...I am glad I don't have to decide!

Hey, Boomer, are you the same Boomer that sometimes posts on the Eagles official message board?

Have you heard anything regarding who the Eagles have shown interest in? Thanks.

Boomer said:
Kevin Burnett, the best cover LB in the draft was 6'2 7/8ths and 239. Miami were not one of the teams showing interest unfortunately.
That is interesting to me. Why do you suppose they haven't? He is a guy I like alot who could be a nice value pick.

I also notice you mentioned Vincent Jackson. What is your opinion of this guy? He looked very smoothe running routes today.

Back
Top Bottom