Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams

Boomer said:
Starks has been hideous for the Cards.

Maybe Green is looking for either room to trade up...cap wise...or making room for a corner...either free agent..aka...Surtain...or per the draft?

I still think Caddy is the pick. He has done as expected at the combine, and he has put on a few pounds. He is a natural runner and a game changer. Boomer, thanks for the insight, it is much appreciated.

fishypete said:
What?...in your mind perhaps....the NFL doesn't spend millions on talking measurements and 40 times for nothing....otherwise they would use the B.S. times the schools and players put out.

If the scouts and teams just used the NFL times why does each team have people with stop watches do there own time keeping?

Cap room I would imagine. It's a mediocre player taking a lot of space $$$ wise.

DonShula84 said:
If the scouts and teams just used the NFL times why does each team have people with stop watches do there own time keeping?

I guess Old habits are hard to break....but what would you trust...times that are done electronically or by hand...with a stop watch? I know this much...any Running done around the world...Olympics etc.. is timed by electronic means.

Hey Boomer...yesterday...I read that Shelton wasn't going to run due to a slight injury, today he runs an unoffical 4.51....go figure? 4.51 if it holds up is not too shamby for a guy his size.

fishypete said:
Hey Boomer...yesterday...I read that Shelton wasn't going to run due to a slight injury, today he runs an unoffical 4.51....go figure? 4.51 if it holds up is not too shamby for a guy his size.

Yeah that represents a great time. He always tested well at FSU as well. He's a nice player. Like Kay Jay Harris, he's another bigger back who has done very well these past 3 days.

I appreciate everything you've done for us Boomer. Sounds like Cadillac did not disappoint with his 40, and neither did Ronnie Brown, although there are questions as to whether he ran the sub-atomic nuclear speed that was "unofficially" reported or just the rather unexciting 4.48 speed that is "official"

I find it interesting that Arrington ran the fastest in both the 40 and the cone drill, and he was the leading rusher in the NCAA this year, has size almost as good as Cadillac, and an injury history less spotty than Cadillac. But, is he for real? I mean obviously the guy hit the holes over in Cal, but I saw those holes firsthand, and they were generally wide open and the defenses were scared of Aaron Rodgers. So, I wonder what the real story is.

And Aaron Rodgers is merely proving what I thought he'd prove, that he's as fast as any QB in this draft (sans McPherson) who is being considered purely as a QB. I'm not sure LeFors is being considered purely as a QB but if he is, then he and McPherson are faster than Rodgers, but point is that Rodgers is as fast as guys like Alex Smith and Jason Campbell and I've seen that on the field. He can run when he needs to, but he's become an excellent pocket passer and he can also throw on the run. I like Alex Smith too, but Rodgers is still my favorite.

CK's Top 25 Draft Board (subject to change, particularly Alex Smith who I've never seen play)

1. Aaron Rodgers QB, rising
2. Cadillac Williams RB, rising
3. Ronnie Brown RB, rising
4. Alex Smith QB, holding
5. Alex Barron LT, rising
6. Cedric Benson RB, holding
7. Braylon Edwards WR, holding
8. Shawn Merriman DE/LB, rising
9. Adam "Pac-Man" Jones CB, holding
10. Derrick Johnson LB, rising
11. Dan Cody DE, falling
12. Antrel Rolle CB/S, holding
13. Mike Williams WR, falling
14. Travis Johnson DT, holding
15. David Pollack DE, holding
16. Erasmus James DE, holding
17. Channing Crowder LB, rising
18. Carlos Rodgers CB, holding
19. Heath Miller TE, falling
20. Thomas Davis FS, rising
21. Mark Clayton WR, rising
22. Shaun Cody DT, holding
23. Mike Patterson DT, holding
24. Marcus Spears DE, falling
25. Khalif Barnes OT, falling

Hey Boomer, can I get your professional opinion on that one?

ckparrothead said:
I appreciate everything you've done for us Boomer. Sounds like Cadillac did not disappoint with his 40, and neither did Ronnie Brown, although there are questions as to whether he ran the sub-atomic nuclear speed that was "unofficially" reported or just the rather unexciting 4.48 speed that is "official"

I find it interesting that Arrington ran the fastest in both the 40 and the cone drill, and he was the leading rusher in the NCAA this year, has size almost as good as Cadillac, and an injury history less spotty than Cadillac. But, is he for real? I mean obviously the guy hit the holes over in Cal, but I saw those holes firsthand, and they were generally wide open and the defenses were scared of Aaron Rodgers. So, I wonder what the real story is.

And Aaron Rodgers is merely proving what I thought he'd prove, that he's as fast as any QB in this draft (sans McPherson) who is being considered purely as a QB. I'm not sure LeFors is being considered purely as a QB but if he is, then he and McPherson are faster than Rodgers, but point is that Rodgers is as fast as guys like Alex Smith and Jason Campbell and I've seen that on the field. He can run when he needs to, but he's become an excellent pocket passer and he can also throw on the run. I like Alex Smith too, but Rodgers is still my favorite.

CK's Top 25 Draft Board (subject to change, particularly Alex Smith who I've never seen play)

1. Aaron Rodgers QB, rising
2. Cadillac Williams RB, rising
3. Ronnie Brown RB, rising
4. Alex Smith QB, holding
5. Alex Barron LT, rising
6. Cedric Benson RB, holding
7. Braylon Edwards WR, holding
8. Shawn Merriman DE/LB, rising
9. Adam "Pac-Man" Jones CB, holding
10. Derrick Johnson LB, rising
11. Dan Cody DE, falling
12. Antrel Rolle CB/S, holding
13. Mike Williams WR, falling
14. Travis Johnson DT, holding
15. David Pollack DE, holding
16. Erasmus James DE, holding
17. Channing Crowder LB, rising
18. Carlos Rodgers CB, holding
19. Heath Miller TE, falling
20. Thomas Davis FS, rising
21. Mark Clayton WR, rising
22. Shaun Cody DT, holding
23. Mike Patterson DT, holding
24. Marcus Spears DE, falling
25. Khalif Barnes OT, falling

Hey Boomer, can I get your professional opinion on that one?

I'm no professional CK. Seems from the past few years you can do just as good a job as anyone.

Spears and Barnes especially aren't falling, although Marcus may have to have some surgery before the draft. Barnes did a great job in Mobile, was 90% here and ran under 5.0, lifted 26 despite the wrist being 100%. Miller and Browning I would say are rising, Rolle is a little lower, Troy Williamson would have to be on that board and rising. Matt Roth is rising, Daryl Blackstock also rising fast. But it's a nice looking board.

CK and I stand united on our draft boards, almost to a T.

Aaron Rodgers to Miami will make Jaj well...

fishypete said:
Seems Arrington runs the fastest...drills the fastest....and gets no respect.
i don't think he "gets no respect"

the issue is he isn't first round material with all the depth at RB. That doesn't mean he sucks, just he's not a top prospect.

He posted good numbers at the combine, it might move him up in the second round, but i know if i was a GM making a decision who to draft (RB wise), i would have at least 4 guys in front of him.

that said, if we get a 2nd round pick for surtain, i'd wouldn't mind using that pick on arrington if the other 4 are already gone, and using our first round pick on Smith or Rodgers.

I am officially launching the Aaron Rodgers and J.J. Arrington bandwagon...

Jaj said:
I am officially launching the Aaron Rodgers and J.J. Arrington bandwagon...
i don't know if i like rodgers or smith more.

at first i was leaning towards rodgers, but after looking at their performances in the combine, listening to their interviews, and checking out their stats and the circumstances of those stats, i may just be complacent with Smith.... which would work out well because Rodgers is assumed to go to San Fran anyway.

Back
Top Bottom