Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams

That's not what I heard...

Supposedly the S.F. top brass likes Alex Smith immensely.

Jaj said:
That's not what I heard...

Supposedly the S.F. top brass likes Alex Smith immensely.

the only thing is that Rodgers is well established in the Bay Area...a hometown hero if you may

also, he seems like a QB better suited to the west coast offense

Smith has been operating out of the s-gun a lot, and Linehan's O's use the gun a lot as well

I'd actually think that it's the other way around that Smith would be ideal in S.F.'s west coast offense.

Rodgers could be more of a pocket passer if you ask me...

OK ladies, here's more. DeMarcus Ware, closing in on the top 35 was 6'4, 251.

Kevin Burnett, the best cover LB in the draft was 6'2 7/8ths and 239. Miami were not one of the teams showing interest unfortunately.

Lance Mitchell, one of my favourite players was 6'2, 247. Again, Miami wasn't a big player.

Odell Thurman, another of my favourite players was 6'1 233.

Here are the official top 5 WR numbers:
Mark Clayton - 4.43, Roscoe Parrish 4.43, Mark Bradley 4.47, Brandon Jones 4.48, Reggie Brown 4.51. Those are the numbers of the guys that have thus far been registered.

Official TB numbers:
Darren Sproles - 4.46
Ryan Moats - 4.48
Walter Reyes - 4.49
Carnell Williams - 4.50
Eric Shelton - 4.54

Official QB Numbers:
Adrian McPherson - 4.72
Alex Smith - 4.74
David Greene - 4.81
Ben Dougherty - 4.84
Charlie Frye - 4.88

Top 5 QBs from the later sessions:
Matt Jones, 4.40
Stefan LeFors, 4.62
Josh Halley, 4.69
Dustin Long, 4.67
Chris Rix, 4.73

Top 5 WRs session 2:
Jerome Mathis, 4.32
Courtney Roby, 4.36
Troy Williamson, 4.38
Lebron LeCroy, 4.41
Terrence Murphy, 4.45

ALL THOSE ARE OFFICIAL NUMBERS.

Courney Roby might have just ran himself into the 3rd, and if Troy Williamson shows cleaner route running, he may be a top 15 pick.

i know this is off topic. But does anyone know Michael Vick's 40?

Boomer said:
Top 5 QBs from the later sessions:
Matt Jones, 4.40
Stefan LeFors, 4.62
Josh Halley, 4.69
Dustin Long, 4.67
Chris Rix, 4.73

its Josh Haldi :wink: from Northern Illinois

when I watched these guys run today, I had no idea he was that fast

Hostile7 said:
Courney Roby might have just ran himself into the 3rd, and if Troy Williamson shows cleaner route running, he may be a top 15 pick.

I sure hope Roby gets drafted in the third. He has been about the only thing going for my Hoosiers the past few years. He is a really good kid and has some pretty good talent.

I realize everyone is looking for the next Moss at WR. But, I am rust enamored w/ Clayton. After the Senior Bowl, everyone realized how polished he is. But, I didn't realize how fast he is. He reminds of M. Harrison and T. Holt. I'd love to see us trade down and get him if he slips to later in the 1st round. I realize WR isn't as big of a need as some other positions, I just think he's going to be special.

Boomer said:
More info:

Derrick Anderson ran a 4.88
Brock Berlin a 4.89
Jason Campbell a 4.72
Timmy Chang a 4.86
Ryan Fitzpatrick a 4.82
Charlie Frye a 4.80
David Greene a 4.85
Stefan LeFors a 4.62
Unofficially I hear that McPherson ran a 4.49
Orlovsky a 4.82
Orton a 4.84
Chris Rix a 4.56
Andrew Walter a 4.90
Jason White a 4.95

All unofficial at the moment.

If these times hold true when the official timings begin, this is one of the faster groups of QBs as whole to come out in a while.

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Uh, my bad, .....we gave up so many in the trades and RFA market I got confused..:roflmao: ...I am happy again.

hahahahahaa..

thanks for clarification....

And Boomer, as always, thanks for the scoop!!

lol wait we do have a 3rd... now im confused... someone explain where it came from

Dolphins_SR66 said:
Yeah, that's the freak I saw running some WR drills and they kept mentioning his size...showed nice soft hands. TO is a huge comparison. Too bad we dont have a 3rd currently.

untrue-we have Chicago's third in return for Wale (along with Booker-ours went to St Louis for L Gordon)

Back
Top Bottom