Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boomer's Sunday Combine Updates - Caddy, Johnson, Williams

Awsi Dooger said:
Young black males who play football. Beyond that, any comparison is goofball plus.

Do game tapes even exist anymore, from that stone age of 2002 or 2003? I seem to remember attending at least a half dozen 'SC games in those seasons, with Williams clearly superior to any athlete on the field. Carson Palmer would shake his head in amazement while running over to Williams after an other-worldly grab. The opposing players came up to Williams immediately after the game, took off their helmets, and were virtually asking for autographs. That Peyton Manning "I'll-never-wash-that-hand" type of thing.

Huh, guess I was just imagining all that. The world of late February 2005 has Braylon Edwards superior to Mike Williams and Williams maybe not among the top 15 players. We'll see.

Meanwhile, we're hearing all these gushing reports about Matt Jones. Yeah, the QB with a freaky long stride who will have nothing but trouble breaking down in the NFL and holds the ball so loosely it's turnover city. Suddenly he's the freak, not Mike Williams. Larry Shannon is dominating the NFL. Pardon me if I turn on the golf coverage.
Williams doesn't have the speed to be a dominant receiver in the NFL. Teams want him to move to TE and they want to use him the same way SD uses Antonio Gates. Matt Jones isn't being looked at as a QB. Teams want him as a WR/TE. Everyone is going crazy over him because he's bigger than Mike Williamsz and his 40 time is around 2 seconds less. He is also might be used liked Antonio Gates.

Awsi Dooger said:
Young black males who play football. Beyond that, any comparison is goofball plus.

Do game tapes even exist anymore, from that stone age of 2002 or 2003? I seem to remember attending at least a half dozen 'SC games in those seasons, with Williams clearly superior to any athlete on the field. Carson Palmer would shake his head in amazement while running over to Williams after an other-worldly grab. The opposing players came up to Williams immediately after the game, took off their helmets, and were virtually asking for autographs. That Peyton Manning "I'll-never-wash-that-hand" type of thing.

Huh, guess I was just imagining all that. The world of late February 2005 has Braylon Edwards superior to Mike Williams and Williams maybe not among the top 15 players. We'll see.

Meanwhile, we're hearing all these gushing reports about Matt Jones. Yeah, the QB with a freaky long stride who will have nothing but trouble breaking down in the NFL and holds the ball so loosely it's turnover city. Suddenly he's the freak, not Mike Williams. Larry Shannon is dominating the NFL. Pardon me if I turn on the golf coverage.

Enjoy the golf Butch Harmon, just happy to pass on what scouts and personnel people are saying.

Dudeman said:
ok, I was just wondering, because I wasnt sure if one of your sources was just pulling those numbers off that site, and claiming that those were what he heard...

no prob then :wink:

that site will be good in about a week though, because it'll have all the official times and everything from the combine (I think)

With a bit of luck I might have them a lot sooner than that.

Iliked Ronnie Brown at #2 BEFORE he ran the 4.48 40. Now I like him even more there.

We should try to trade out of the #2 spot for more picks. If we can't do that, then we need to take Brown - he looks to be the real deal.

I'm one-hundred percent on the Aaron Rodgers bandwagon. I think he's that good...

fishypete said:
One problem....the press is watching the combine like us...on TV's....no media is allowed in the stadium area...while the players are doing their thing. At least thats what the NFL has said...maybe your friend has a periscope? :roflmao:

By the way...that info came from Rob Rang yesterday...I have that website too.

OK, I feel like Michael Jackson here having to defend myself.

1st off, NONE of this information is coming from Rob Rang. 2nd off, the guy I know is in the weigh in room. It takes a matter of minutes for the press guys to get the news and then it talks to the players as they come back thru about their times, who they are talking to, who they will be talking to, what colour pants they are wearing.

Are we happy now? ;)

Those are not bad time for QBs. And Mike Williams' speed doesn't really matter to me because I think that the combine is overrated as a form of evaluation anyway.

Boomer said:

1st off, NONE of this information is coming from Rob Rang. 2nd off, the guy I know is in the weigh in room. It takes a matter of minutes for the press guys to get the news and then it talks to the players as they come back thru about their times, who they are talking to, who they will be talking to, what colour pants they are wearing.

Are we happy now? ;)
Boomer...the only real times come from the National Combine service...the're the people who use the electronic equipment that measure the times...what the players and the press get are completely unoffical times...the NFL only release's the top 5 fastest times in each group...the rest aren't released until appx a week. So hearsay....times from stop watches...are meaningless...yet entertaining. I for one appreciate you taking the time out to post what you do, I know at times when I do so...it can be a pain in the neck. Especially when you try to post info that can't be copied...and has to be written by hand...especially hard when you have R/A....Thanks Again.

Boomer said:

Are we happy now? ;)
Boomer some people just never "get it" . I for one love your info and opinions, keep up the good work.

fishypete said:
Boomer...the only real times come from the National Combine service...the're the people who use the electronic equipment that measure the times...what the players and the press get are completely unoffical times...the NFL only release's the top 5 fastest times in each group...the rest aren't released until appx a week. So hearsay....times from stop watches...are meaningless...yet entertaining. I for one appreciate you taking the time out to post what you do, I know at times when I do so...it can be a pain in the neck. Especially when you try to post info that can't be copied...and has to be written by hand...especially hard when you have R/A....Thanks Again.

I know this Pete, but my point is that my guy is sending the unofficial times and then giving me the official time. Look at Ronnie Brown yesterday? Who posted the official 4.48 time yesterday? Me. Where did it come from? My guy.

sphinky said:
Boomer some people just never "get it" . I for one love your info and opinions, keep up the good work.

My pleasure bud.

Boomer said:
I know this Pete, but my point is that my guy is sending the unofficial times and then giving me the official time. Look at Ronnie Brown yesterday? Who posted the official 4.48 time yesterday? Me. Where did it come from? My guy.

Actually...I found it on two sites...NFL Draftshowcase and NFLDraftscout...and the only reason it was found, is because he ran fast enough to make the top five....the fab five? Hmm?

I'm expecting that M. Jones will have the top slot at QB...and Lefors should have the 2nd slot....and the funny item is...neither may play QB.

OK, more info: FROM MY GUY.

Dante Ridgeway had a brilliant receiving day.
The excellent Daryl Blackstock was 6'2.5, 247. He will go to the Chiefs at 15.

Carlos Rogers was 6'0, 194. He will do everything.
Jamaal Brimmer was 6'1, 216. He too will do everything

Cardinals | Willing to Trade Starks
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:56:35 -0800

Kent Somers, of the Arizona Republic, reports the Arizona Cardinals are willing to deal CB Duane Starks for the right price this offseason, according to comments made by head coach Dennis Green. "I wouldn't tell (the media) if we were. But as we've said, (tackle) L.J. (Shelton) is not the only guy that we would consider trading," Green said. By trading Starks, the Cardinals would incur a salary-cap charge of $2 million this year to account for the remaining portion of Starks' $5 million signing bonus over the final two years of his deal.

Back
Top Bottom