BoSox get Beckett!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

BoSox get Beckett!!!!!

PressCoverage

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hooray! Now, someone get him to a qualified dermatologist and fix those blisters!

Not quite...the deal isn't done yet. But it would be Beckett and Lowell for Hanley Ramirez and Jon Lester/Anibal Sanchez, as well as a PTBNL. Boston likely picking up a lot, if not all, of Lowell's contract.

Josh Beckett
Mike Lowell

for

Hanley Ramirez
Anibel Sanchez
one other minor league player to be named later

hurts Marlins in the short term, but a future lineup of HanRam,Hermida,and Cabrera is tempting.

Great move for the Sox if this goes through. They badly needed a frontline starter last year. Also, Lowell should be much better next year, though with Youkilis around, the Sox are probably just taking him as salary ballast.

Lowell's lazy flies to the warning track are doubles and homers at Fenway. This is a good deal for him. I'm wondering who the second pitcher, TBNL, is...the Marlins badly wanted Craig Hansen in the draft but couldn't agree to a contract with him. This may be their chance to get him.

Great news for the Red Sox. I'm giddy over what Beckett can do if healthy. He's young 25 or 26 in May and can win big games, hopefully those blisters will never come back. This is a move the Sox had to make in my opinion. With Beckett, Lester, Papelbon all being 26 and younger the Sox pitching staff will be good for awhile if they all stay healthy. I'm also glad that the Sox didn't give up Lester in the deal. I'm a big Hanley Ramirez fan however his lack of hitting has been very worrisome within the organization but Hanley is a stud defensively. Anibal Sanchez has some very very good stuff too, he was the 3rd best pitcher in the Sox farm system (behind Papelbon and Lester) although he was shut down late in the year with a bad shoulder/arm.

I'm not too happy with getting Lowell because he was terrible in 2005, however he did play gold glove 3rd base (I'm sure he can play 1st too if need be). Hopefully he earns his pay check.

The Marlins won't get Hansen, sorry RWhitney.

I was jumping through the roof when i saw this. This is great for the Sox. I'll take proven pitching over unproven hitting any day of the week. In Beckett can stay healthy he should be a Cy Young candidate. Him and Jon Papelbon will provide us with two young arms that we can building around for a long time.

Playmaker7 said:
I was jumping through the roof when i saw this. This is great for the Sox. I'll take proven pitching over unproven hitting any day of the week. In Beckett can stay healthy he should be a Cy Young candidate. Him and Jon Papelbon will provide us with two young arms that we can building around for a long time.

Don't go forgetting about John "Lefty" Lester. He could be in the rotation as early as 2007. Between him, Beckett and Papelbon (if they're all there in 2007) we'd have 3/5 of the rotation under 30.

IF Beckett and Schilling are healthy that's bad news for the rest of baseball unless of course Manny is gone.

If Lowell finds his old form, the trade is great. If he plays like he did last year then this deal makes no sense.

Beckett has only won more than 9 games once in his career in the NL (with no DH) I don't see him having much luck in the AL, especially his first year in the AL.

And picking up Lowell's contract probably means the end of Johnny Damon in Boston. Especially if they can't move Manny.

MikeO said:
And picking up Lowell's contract probably means the end of Johnny Damon in Boston. Especially if they can't move Manny.

Apparently Damon has come out and said that he wants to stay in Boston and for Boston to make him a fair offer and he'll stay (whatever that means). I don't think it means Damon or Manny are gone. The Sox have plenty of money especially if they could move Wells and also don't forget they have money coming off of the books in the next few years. They can afford to take on Lowell's contract no matter how bad it is.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Lester isn't involved right?? :D

Hell YES! Great trade if Lester isn't going to Florida.

According to the people involved in the trade FL wanted Lester but the Sox said no way so FL took Hanley Ramirez, Anibal Sanchez and a minor league player to be named later.

This trade COULD turn out to be a steal for the Sox. However it could also be a good trade for both teams as FL is getting two high ranked prospects.

Back
Top Bottom