Boston GLobe: should Patriots throw Miami game | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Boston GLobe: should Patriots throw Miami game

You left out the most important part. Did they have anything to play for?

2003 playoff spot clinched were playing for number one seed
2004 playoff spot clinched were playing for nothing already clinched the number 2 seed
2005 playoff spot clinched and were playing for nothing already the fourth seed
2006 playoff spot clinched and were playing for the 3rd seed
2007 playoff spot clinched and number one seed clinched were playing for nothing more then being unbeaten
2008 had to win with Dolphins loss to get in.
2009 playoff spot clinched and were playing for no better then 3rd seed.

2010 will be playing the remainder of the season for the 1st seed with no worse then the 5th seed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't the Patriots have a home winning streak dating back to 2006 in the regular season? I doubt they would want to screw that up.

Do you really want to risk Brady with possibly backup players all around him with Cam Wake coming at you..It is very possible N.E. tanks it thinking Miami would lose anyway in the first round.It is possible.

If the pats clinch homefield after the next 2 games they would be stupid to play their starters for a meaningless game. Risk injury for a game that makes no difference to them? And home winning streaks mean nothing. I would trade any home winning streak regardless of how long it is for a SB run with my starters healthy.

Welker got hurt last year, and this is the first time since 05 that they'll have nothing to gain/lose from beating or losing to us. 07 was that perfect season they wanted so bad.

I can see them resting players.. but completely expecting the fill ins to produce. Otherwise they'll put the starters back in. They did that a few yeqars ago when they took brady out, Cassel threw an INT on the first series and never whiffed the field again.

They'll be out to win. so will our defense.

I think we'll play them hard. Especially with the playoffs on the line. I also think we'll be out to avenge the thrashing we took on MNF.

Depends on the record brady is on. He has won 26 home games in a row and went over farve against the jets.

Depends on the record brady is on. He has won 26 home games in a row and went over farve against the jets.
well the record is based on brady starting at gillete. if he does not start the record still stands. i think although winning 26 in a row at home is extremely impressive, the truth is he lost at home in the playoffs vs the ravens so the streak should have a little *

Back
Top Bottom