Bowl games - Players to watch | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowl games - Players to watch

I thought it was funny because....(while not necessarily here) I have heard it all too often. "He just hit 4 HR's in the minors today, why haven't we called him up!" The Shiny effect. Happens more in baseball or with casual fans. Sometimes even sports writers O.O
PS OMG GO DOLPHINS! BEAT THOSE DAMN patties!

Trevor Lawrence legitimately could’ve been the number one draft pick after his freshman season and this season if he was eligible.

Lamb kinda reminds me of a more fluid less physical at the top of the route Deandre Hopkins. And I doubt he has those rediculous size and violent hands.

The guy I expected more from last night was Ross. Last year that looked like a future top 10 pick lock. Last night not so much.

Watching LAC vs KC, and it occurred to me that Lamb moves a lot like Keenan Allen - but faster.

We need to keep an eye on the Belk Bowl, Kentucky vs Virginia Tech. Particularly on Lynn Bowden, he is a really great player for Kentucky. He is playing QB right now, because the starter and 2nd string are both injured. Lynn Bowden is normally the starting Slot Receiver for Kentucky, but he can step in and take over the QB role midway through the season.

He is not extremely big but he runs harder than anyone. You can’t stop him behind the line of scrimmage. He is 8th in the nation in All-Purpose yards.I think he would be a great Slot Receiver, Running Back, and he can also throw the ball pretty well.

We need to keep an eye on the Belk Bowl, Kentucky vs Virginia Tech. Particularly on Lynn Bowden, he is a really great player for Kentucky. He is playing QB right now, because the starter and 2nd string are both injured. Lynn Bowden is normally the starting Slot Receiver for Kentucky, but he can step in and take over the QB role midway through the season.

He is not extremely big but he runs harder than anyone. You can’t stop him behind the line of scrimmage. He is 8th in the nation in All-Purpose yards.I think he would be a great Slot Receiver, Running Back, and he can also throw the ball pretty well.

I love Bowden. One of the best Punt Returners and most-dangerous guys with the ball that I've watched. Extra tough and sharp, he'd be a star receiver with a decent QB. Instead, he's a star QB - as a runner obv.

I love Bowden. One of the best Punt Returners and most-dangerous guys with the ball that I've watched. Extra tough and sharp, he'd be a star receiver with a decent QB. Instead, he's a star QB - as a runner obv.
Bowden and the kid from Utah State, Scarver, he's returned 7 for td's.

Who was the tackle or guard that was blocking Chase Young 1 on 1 for Clemson? Whoever it was would look good in a Dolphins uniform.

Most important game of the bowl season, in primetime tomorrow night :p The Orange Bowl featuring Dan Mullen's gators . As a fan, here's who you should be looking out for with the fins in mind. Greenard and Zuniga at DE, I like Greenard as a better fit for our D, better motor and discipline than Zuniga, Zuniga can flash though. Cj Henderson unfortunately is sitting the bowl game out but he's a first/second round CB. On O, Van Jefferson would be a nice late round pick up, I like the fit with Lamichal Perine at RB, again a late round flyer. Other not so obvious prospects are Hammond, Cleveland and my favourite wideout Freddie Swain. David Reese would be an interesting pick up in the 6th or 7th and if we want to move on from Haack (which we probably won't) Tommy Townsend is as good a punter in the college game.

What don't you like about Higgins?

I don't see anything about him that separates him from a WR like Kelvin Harmon, he lacks suddenness and explosiveness in his releases and he's looks slow, ( I'd be surprised if he runs lower than a 4.6 ), The things he supposedly does well like jump balls he doesn't do them at an elite level compared to prospects like DVP, Allen Robinson, D.Hop and Dez Bryant whose ball skills where cheat codes and he can't win early in his routes like those guys.

I don't see anything about him that separates him from a WR like Kelvin Harmon, he lacks suddenness and explosiveness in his releases and he's looks slow, ( I'd be surprised if he runs lower than a 4.6 ), The things he supposedly does well like jump balls he doesn't do them at an elite level compared to prospects like DVP, Allen Robinson, D.Hop and Dez Bryant whose ball skills where cheat codes and he can't win early in his routes like those guys.

These are criticisms I typically have for bigger receivers, but I don't have them for Higgins. His fluidity, balance, and coordination separate him from the typical big WR. I've seen some AJ Green comps, but his feet aren't as quick as Green's. But, I think he's similarly smooth, also tracks the ball great, and has the coordination of a smaller receiver. I also think he'll fill out more than Green and end up stylistically between Green and Brandon Marshall (not as big as Marshall but smoother). He was ranked as the #2 WR coming out of HS and also nominated for Mr. Basketball in Tennessee.

I think he'll run around 4.55 - will guess 4.54. More than fast enough.

Speaking of the players you listed, Higgins is most similar to Nuke imo. Doesn't have Dez or Robinson's burst or Parker's speed, but with the exception of Nuke, he's notably smoother and more balanced than those players. None of these players would come to mind as comps for me, though.

Lamical's having some game so far. Trask was killing us early on but got better as the half wore on, that's not unusual for him, dunno why. Gonna have to look at Perkins, not seem anything of him before tonight but he looks draftable on tonight's showing. Greenard and Zuniga are struggling to get to him, but the effort is there. Hopefully we can get the pass rush going in the second half, because we look like we are going to score on every possession that virginia D is not very good :)

Last edited:
Who was the tackle or guard that was blocking Chase Young 1 on 1 for Clemson? Whoever it was would look good in a Dolphins uniform.

Yeah, cause they never helped that tackle at all ...all game.:rolleyes:

Go back and count how many times the guard peels off to help and how many times the RB and TE double. Then count how many times they made sure to get the ball out of Lawrence’s hands quickly on designed quick passes.

There‘s a reason Lawrence was under 50% passing much of that game. Because of the game plan they had to employ to account for Chase Young.

You‘re killing me Smalls.

Back
Top Bottom