Bowl games - Players to watch | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowl games - Players to watch

Lamb kinda reminds me of a more fluid less physical at the top of the route Deandre Hopkins. And I doubt he has those rediculous size and violent hands.

The guy I expected more from last night was Ross. Last year that looked like a future top 10 pick lock. Last night not so much.

Need to go back and watch, but OSU was giving CB's a lot of Safety help, and once Higgins went out, I'm pretty sure they zeroed in on him, but I agree that he didn't look as explosive for whatever reason. I'm sure some of it is tied to player against super-athletic CB's. Okudah posted a ridiculous 142.56 SPARQ coming out of HS.

I'm always amused when I read these threads during a game. Whichever player is having a nice game is THA BEST EVER and WE HAVE TO DRAFT HIM OR WE'RE STUPIDHEADS.

and players who have a poor game are HOT GARBAGE THAT ONLY A MORON WOULD DRAFT!!

I always wonder if they have to wipe spittle off of their monitors afterwards.

And you don't understand what's going on here at all. Most folks on this thread have seen plenty of these players before, this isn't our first time watching them, when the players perform on a big stage like last night was, there is either an affirmation of what you loved about the player or question marks raised, that's what you are seeing. I doubt anyone of the knowledgeable guys that posted last night based their whole evaluations on one game.

I’m kinda coming away from this bowl season to date thinking Tristan wirfs is the best draft eligible prospect I saw. Key word draft eligible

Best prospect I saw period was probably that off ball lb for penn state but that revolves around a lot of future projection and expected development. And Trevor lawrence is hard to keep knocking. Part of the reason chase young didn’t get home was cause lawrence has a really solid feel for pressure and stepping forward etc.

That kids got onions.

I have not followed Hurts' career and understand that a one-sided shellacking is not probably the best way to judge him, but what is it about him that makes you believe he is worth this high a draft pick? I honestly didn't see a single spark in his game, he seemed an uninspiring passer and a somewhat slow runner to me. I have to see at least a single amazing attribute to feel good about a first or high second for a player.

He's a physical specimen, first and foremost, for a QB he is a violent runner, loves the contact and extremely durable. He'll measure amazingly well at the combine. He's just an average thrower of the football however not on the same level as Jackson and doesn't have Jackson's speed. But teams will think they can unearth Jackson mark 2, that's why he will go in the late first or second round. I'm not super high on him at all but honestly the drop off in talent from Burrow and Tua to the rest is so exteme, he's stiull my #5 guy. Love is the best developmental guy in the draft for me, I wouldn't be crying rivers of tears if we picked either him or Herbert in the first round, both can be molded, after that you take a flyer on Hurts in my view as there is more to work with than an Eason or Fromm.

Did u see the Epenesa vs Austin Jackson matchup ?

Yeah Jackson looked pretty raw and I thought espenosa took advantage of it. Espenosa had more pop in his hands than I saw prior and played with some violence to him. But he looks like a power rusher all the way to me at the next level and I don’t think he’s gonna win much vs starting nfl tackles. Rip bull rush type

Yeah Jackson looked pretty raw and I thought espenosa took advantage of it. Espenosa had more pop in his hands than I saw prior and played with some violence to him. But he looks like a power rusher all the way to me at the next level and I don’t think he’s gonna win much vs starting nfl tackles. Rip bull rush type

Yeah that's pretty much how I saw it, I think the accuracy of Epenosa hand swipes and overall technique is very good,I think there's enough bad tackles in the NFL for him to be a 8+ sack guy. Jackson was getting a lot of hype due to athleticism, I guess overvaluing athleticism over technique is how we get the Greg Robinsons of NFL.

Lamb kinda reminds me of a more fluid less physical at the top of the route Deandre Hopkins. And I doubt he has those rediculous size and violent hands.

The guy I expected more from last night was Ross. Last year that looked like a future top 10 pick lock. Last night not so much.

I don't think Ross or Higgins are 1st rounders, I've seen mocks with Higgins going top 15 smh.

Yeah that's pretty much how I saw it, I think the accuracy of Epenosa hand swipes and overall technique is very good,I think there's enough bad tackles in the NFL for him to be a 8+ sack guy. Jackson was getting a lot of hype due to athleticism, I guess overvaluing athleticism over technique is how we get the Greg Robinsons of NFL.

I’m just not comfortable projecting 8 sacks on edge guys that don’t have outside shoulder of the tackle win.

I’m just not comfortable projecting 8 sacks on edge guys that don’t have outside shoulder of the tackle win.

U think he doesn't have outside shoulder of the tackle win ? Have you been watching him in the 2nd half of the season, he has more outside win than Buckner had in college and his ability to soften the edge will be a valuable trait for him.

U think he doesn't have outside shoulder of the tackle win ? Have you been watching him in the 2nd half of the season, he has more outside win than Buckner had in college and his ability to soften the edge will be a valuable trait for him.

Full disclosure no I have not. But I didn’t see it prior and I didn’t feel like I saw it in tbe bowl game either. Will check it out more assuming he declares

And you don't understand what's going on here at all. Most folks on this thread have seen plenty of these players before, this isn't our first time watching them, when the players perform on a big stage like last night was, there is either an affirmation of what you loved about the player or question marks raised, that's what you are seeing. I doubt anyone of the knowledgeable guys that posted last night based their whole evaluations on one game.

Yes... only certain people get it.

Yes. That must be it.

*chuckle...*

Ahem...

Back
Top Bottom