Bowl games - Players to watch | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Bowl games - Players to watch

He's had a couple of pressures, but Lawrence has done a good job of feeling it and getting rid before he gets home. My big issue with him is he's very one dimensional, he's a pass rusher and a very good one, but like Cam Wake when he first arrived in Miami, were is he in the run game ? Can you drop him into coverage. I hope the hype on him continues because I want one of those teams ahead of us to take him instead of someone that fits our need more.

That's exactly my point.
He's not as dominate as a pass rusher as the Bosa twins nor as dominant as the Watt brothers.
Further you see him getting pushed around in the running game.

Is that player worth a top 5 pick?

Okudah, Simmons, both RBs have really shone tonight. Don't think either QB has been fantastic (certainly not after seeing Burrow earlier today) but they've certainly played their part in this great game. Got a feeling this last drive will lead to a field goal attempt that will decide it.

EDIT: LOL, I was way wrong, that's a fantastic drive from Clemson, probably scored a little too fast though, one more chance for Fields.

That's exactly my point.
He's not as dominate as a pass rusher as the Bosa twins nor as dominant as the Watt brothers.
Further you see him getting pushed around in the running game.

Is that player worth a top 5 pick?

McShay said in his mock draft show that Young is the better than the Bosa's, the best pass rusher he has seen coming out including Clowney. I agree with you, I don't see that at all.

McShay said in his mock draft show that Young is the better than the Bosa's, the best pass rusher he has seen coming out including Clowney. I agree with you, I don't see that at all.

Game on the line. Where's Young? No where to be found like most of the game.

What a great game. Lawrence is still my favorite QB in college ball.

I had to pick up my daughter from work, so just caught up with the final drive, what an awful way for it to end for Ohio State but a fantastic game, both teams deserve a lot of credit. LSU versus Clemson is gonna be some game in two weeks, can't wait.

I still don't think he did, he's still the same player coming out of that game as he was going into it. If you don't think that, you haven't watched enough of him. He's been that cusp first/second rounder and he's still that, he's not dropped further than that, if Larmar Jackson didn't exist he may have.

If you say so...

He looked like chicken fried garbage out there to me....

If you say so...

He looked like chicken fried garbage out there to me....

He's my #5 QB between Herbert and Eason, he's not in the same league as Burrow or a fit Tua but he came second in the Heisman for a reason and personally I see a lot that appeals to me more thjan a Fromm or an Eason. He's one of those players you can roll the dice with, but you don't bet the farm on.

Eason is not in the same league as Herbert! Well...technically he is.... But Herbert is WAY better. I would draft Herbert in the first. I wouldn't draft Eason in the first. Eason may very well end up being better. I would rather take a flier on a late round pick with upside from the Pac 12 like Huntley or Luton personally. For instance; Herbert's rating in 4 years has never been lower than Eason's best season. The things that hurts Herbert are injury's and inconsistency. He will blow your mind one second and make you wonder why the next. He is basically a Fitzbeard clone with a way better set of tools. Also because Cristobal is such an amazing coach and looking out for his future, it seems he was operating a bit with handcuffs on this season. He is a way better runner than shown this year. Kid can ball out, is crazy smart, and has grit. I just hope he can stay healthy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom