Brandon Marshal / Vontae Davis trades Philbin moves? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Brandon Marshal / Vontae Davis trades Philbin moves?

Oh I see. That's how it works with you and your boss right?

He just runs by you everyone who your working with in the office and then YOU approve them?

Jesus the Ireland excuses are getting just as bad as the Henne ones.

It's a collaborative effort. Didn't you see on Hard Knocks where Philbin, and not Ireland, was the one handing Johnson his walking papers?

I don't really understand what type of work environment you've been part of where the head guy, who doesn't work directly with the employees, couldn't give two ****s about the person he was hiring employees for. Certainly not a successful one.

Its Irelands job to tell Philbin "no" when Philbin makes bad requests. Jake Long doesnt exactly fit the "scheme" Philbin wants, but Long is such a good player you dont get rid of him for something so petty. If Ireland is refusing to tell Philbin he is destroying the roster, then thats on Ireland.

Its not just that though. The guy even, on Hardknocks, is seen mostly everywhere. He's like Jerry Jones out there with his eyes on everything. If people think these moves aren't 99% HIS moves, then they are just making excuses for the guy.

Philbin don't know how to handle people he will not succeed as a head coach in this trend he would trade or cut more than half of nfl's superstars

Oh I see. That's how it works with you and your boss right?

He just runs by you everyone who your working with in the office and then YOU approve them?

Jesus the Ireland excuses are getting just as bad as the Henne ones.

Terrible analogy as Ireland is not Philbin's boss. You seem a little confused as to the GM/HC relationship, which is understandable. It's absolutely up to Philbin to tell Ireland what he wants/needs/does not want and it's Ireland's job to get the best possible result for that. Going into the draft the HC says "Hey I really need x,y,z" while the GM would go "okay I'll look into it" and he comes back. That's known as need based football.

Some GMs, such as Ozzie Newsome, approach the draft 90% of the time with "best player available" method.

I'm not an Ireland fan, nor am I a Philbin apologist, but you have to call it exactly as it is. If you don't think Philbin pushed for this then, well, you're wrong. Simply put.

It's a collaborative effort. Didn't you see on Hard Knocks where Philbin, and not Ireland, was the one handing Johnson his walking papers?

Of course, he's the coach and most if not all coaches are the ones that get that 'privilage'. I am sure when they discussed this, before he was hired, that was one of his 'uncomfortable' duties. That doesn't mean that his 'input' is what leads to the end game result.

If that's the case then why the hell did Fisher really leave then? Higher draft pick my butt. He wanted the control you are now saying Philbin has.

Look, we saw how much Ireland's hands are on this team since the coaching search began. He HAND picked this guy. Philbin has about as much say as Sparano. It was VERY clear from the beginning who was the BOSS and who was the employee.

Philbin don't know how to handle people he will not succeed as a head coach in this trend he would trade or cut more than half of nfl's superstars

Remember that Nick Saban wouldn't draft Aaron Rodgers because he thought he was too ****y. Two unsuccessful season later, when he realized he couldn't have success without working with overpaid egotistical players, he ran back to college, where player salaries are (usually) much lower.

---------- Post added at 05:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Of course, he's the coach and most if not all coaches are the ones that get that 'privilage'. I am sure when they discussed this, before he was hired, that was one of his 'uncomfortable' duties. That doesn't mean that his 'input' is what leads to the end game result.

If that's the case then why the hell did Fisher really leave then? Higher draft pick my butt. He wanted the control you are now saying Philbin has.

Look, we saw how much Ireland's hands are on this team since the coaching search began. He HAND picked this guy. Philbin has about as much say as Sparano. It was VERY clear from the beginning who was the BOSS and who was the employee.

My point being that, if cutting Johnson were an Ireland only move, Philbin wouldn't be the one in their explaining how HE doesn't see the fit in what HE is trying to do for the Dolphins.

I don't want a team of boy scouts. I want a team full of talent.

I really hope Philbin doesn't start cutting talented players because of some issues. I can understand laziness and wife beating, but if a guy acts out a bit, you just deal with it.

Terrible analogy as Ireland is not Philbin's boss.

This was Philbins quote after Johnson was released. “Let’s be honest: You have a boss, I have a boss and I don’t always agree with what the boss says every single time,” Philbin said.

I know it might seem I am stretching it here with that quote but I dont have the time to search for more evidence which is indeed out there.

Joe Philbin has a lot of holes in his coaching. This is evident early on. He has a hard time working with different yet talented personalities.

Do you think Jeff Fisher makes this move? No way.

This was Philbins quote after Johnson was released. “Let’s be honest: You have a boss, I have a boss and I don’t always agree with what the boss says every single time,” Philbin said.

I know it might seem I am stretching it here with that quote but I dont have the time to search for more evidence which is indeed out there.

He was talking about Ross, who is his boss. Ireland is not his boss. Ireland cannot fire him.

Terrible analogy as Ireland is not Philbin's boss. You seem a little confused as to the GM/HC relationship, which is understandable. It's absolutely up to Philbin to tell Ireland what he wants/needs/does not want and it's Ireland's job to get the best possible result for that. Going into the draft the HC says "Hey I really need x,y,z" while the GM would go "okay I'll look into it" and he comes back. That's known as need based football.

Some GMs, such as Ozzie Newsome, approach the draft 90% of the time with "best player available" method.

I'm not an Ireland fan, nor am I a Philbin apologist, but you have to call it exactly as it is. If you don't think Philbin pushed for this then, well, you're wrong. Simply put.

You get it better than most of the people here. The reason why some of the organizations in the NFL have a separate GM and coach is so the Gm can spend time that the coach doesn't have while managing the team doing things like scouting, discussing contract numbers with agents, etc.

Philbin would of traded Lebron and wade if he was a heat coach too dude has no social skills he's a conservative nerd with a dry sense of humor

My point being that, if cutting Johnson were an Ireland only move, Philbin wouldn't be the one in their explaining how HE doesn't see the fit in what HE is trying to do for the Dolphins.[/QUOTE]

Oh I am sure Philbin lobs in his grenade's. My point is that 99% of the FINAL decision making lands on Ireland. Philbin can poke and prod as much as my 8 yr old can annoy me to go to Toys R US. That doesn't mean it's going to happen.

In other situations, teams, the roles may be different and or more collaborative. However, here in MIAMI, we shouldn't act as if we are confused as to who's the man that pulls the strings, players wise.

Back
Top Bottom